Height

• Thread starter Ven0m
  • 51 comments
Really. I'm a car guy that appreciates a full spectrum of cars. Going to be put a lot of money into one car, I want to consider all styles. But thanks for the response. As far as other suggestions go, I'm not really into mustangs, they are the car all my friends have (including the Shelby GT500). I appreciate the feedback on the Viper, I'm going to have to find one to try out. The one that was on Craigslist sold :( so that won't happen. Honestly im still leaning toward muscle in general but I'm having trouble pinning one down. The other day I found an ad for a '70 Plymouth Cuda that had the stock 383 engine still in it as well as many original parts and paint. It was at 26k but that seemed a bit cheap. It has a special place for me because it was my moms first car. If I had all my money in one place I'd go get the thing. Anyone think I should?

If you like the Plymouth Cuda, I think that should be your choice. +1 to your mom's first car!👍

I'm really thinking so too, I'm gonna call them and see what they are willing to negotiate.

So, it's not too often that I recommend the car I own, but you should consider a Pontiac GTO. You will fit in it, you will be comfortable, and you will have power.

ShobThaBob
So, it's not too often that I recommend the car I own, but you should consider a Pontiac GTO. You will fit in it, you will be comfortable, and you will have power.

That's actually a car I really was considering. You have the 5.7 or the 6.0?

👍

If not for the fact that it's Australian, they're actually quite good value for money and great fun to throw around too. Pretty brutal straight-line performance for a big coupe too.

Since you're looking at some JDM cars I would suggest a 350 or a 370Z but the thing is I'm 6' 2" and I STRUGGLE to get in my friends 350 and I recently went to our local auto show and tried to fit in a 370 and it was some work.

Murcie_LP640
👍

If not for the fact that it's Australian, they're actually quite good value for money and great fun to throw around too. Pretty brutal straight-line performance for a big coupe too.

I do believe I'm going to shop for this car.

👍

Perhaps the 6.0, but not the 5.7. Their weight is too much to really pose a threat to cars of similar nature.

Yeah I guess; hell the cheaper HSV Clubsports are quicker than the Monaro with the same engine, but surely in the country where the LS1 came from it should be super easy to tune if need be, right?

I'm 5'9 and I could fit in a tesla roadster pretty good but the steering wheel is almost too low

Last edited:
I see what your saying OP I'm 6'1 200lbs and I have trouble with a lot of cars being to small and cramped. I went with subaru, lots of space, good head room, frameless doors, and they are nice in general. Good luck to you man.

My brother is 6'5 and he can sit in the back seat of my GTO with his head just barely touching the roof. Fitting in the front is no problem at all.

Appreciate the help guys. I've narrowed it down to either the Subaru Impreza WRX STi or the Pontiac GTO 6.0. Both are monsters in their own right.

My brother is 6'5 and he can sit in the back seat of my GTO with his head just barely touching the roof. Fitting in the front is no problem at all.

that's because GTO is pretty much coupe-version of Cadillac Catera with V8.

Personally I'd go with the WRX STi but space may be a concern, depending on year. If most of your height is in your legs you should be fine but you might be wanting for some more legroom. SIC EM ('04 WRX) was fine for me (5'11") and my sister (6'1") in the front though...just hope you don't have to take people in the back seat :D

I'm 5' 7'' and 147lb so I can fit in most things, lol. But anyway, you could fit in a viper, but the later generations are a bit more roomy. Can't think of any other good high powered cars to fit your size other than metioning muscle cars.

go with the wrx(or an evo:sly:) you can beat the gto, fit more people in easier and make more power with better gas mileage.

Yeah I guess; hell the cheaper HSV Clubsports are quicker than the Monaro with the same engine, but surely in the country where the LS1 came from it should be super easy to tune if need be, right?
You can practically tune any big V8 here. But, if you're after power, the GTO is one of the most undesirable platforms to do so with, esp. from the GM lineup.

The 6.0 is a better platform, but that weight (similar to older GT500s) makes them a tough car to make competitive. It doesn't help that they were introduced right in the last year of the Terminators, a car of similar weight & power to the '05-'06 GTO, but still much faster & more responsive.

You could go for my route I like the sedans but they get pretty cramped so I went with the WRX wagon and modding it. Get all the space and don't lose any power. Yeah the wagon has a little more weight but hey it's a sleeper ;)

Plus when compared with the GTO, the scoobys are a lot more practical for a day to day driver and I don't know what kind of weather you get but the Subaru would be ready for it.

A lot less attention from the 5-0 as well. Wagon power!

Last edited:
che69velle
Does it have to be a sports car? For the power you're looking for i'd recomend my car an evo 9, i'm 6'1" and there is tons of room. I can adjust my seat back far enough till i can't reach the pedals, wheel or shifter. Its identical in a wrx but even more comfort and both are yearround cars, awd, turbo with a trunk. You should also look into a 300zx or 3000gt. If you want jdm/usdm goodness look into a mitsubishi starion over the rx7, chrysler makes a starion too but its called somthing else like the eclipse/lazer/talon. For 35k you could get a mk4 supra turbo in clean shape and fit is similar to a corvette. for your price options (35k) find an older bland corvette swap an ls1-6 in with a turbo for 700+ hp.

No you weren't ignored. For some reason, Evos aren't very common around here. I may look into those as well. Also I like the corvette idea.

No you weren't ignored. For some reason, Evos aren't very common around here. I may look into those as well. Also I like the corvette idea.

thanks, helped a friend do this to a 71 camaro, he put in a motor from a gto 5.7 ls6 i believe, added a turbo and 14lbs of boost, got a 788 hp@5300 restomod

Back