PURE | TR Motegi GT500/19.00 UTC Sun, July 8th- Sign up form added!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 150 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez

Click on this button to register for the event:

Qualifying results here:
http://bit.ly/puregt500motegiqualifying

Teams:
jBS9Z.png

deBbS.png

gQ545.png

DvISM.jpg

Requirements:
  • Anyone can participate.
  • Read everything in the OP.
  • Clean and fair racing. Read the GTP OLR Rules.
  • Any questions - please ask.

Pure's very excited to see the inclusion of Twin Ring Motegi as a new track to GT5's roster of amazing real world circuits. Unfortunately we don't currently have a fully fledged Super GT series going (that's coming in late Fall) so we wanted to arrange a GT500 spot race to sort of welcome in the new track in a big way and get as many people as we can accustomed to it.

It's a great track once you really spend some time on it so we're looking forward to getting as many people as we can to take on the challenge. Skill levels of all type will be represented.

We will be selecting a hard date once the DLC release date is announced, but it will be on a Sunday at around 19:00 UTC. We expect for the DLC to be released sometime in July as we're hoping to schedule the race sometime within that month.

These are the cars and specifications we will be using:
LMPFr.jpg

Short details:
  • PURE JGTS GT500 Specifications
  • Live online steward observed sole qualifying
  • 200km race distance
  • Maximum grid of 14 (qualifying grid will be split in half if more than that)
  • Cars will be assigned randomly, you can only choose car type (e.g. NSX, GTR, Supra, SC430, Z) and we will then assign cars to people to make teams of 2.

Regulations:

200km of Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (4.8 km)
42 Laps.

*You are not allowed to pit at the end of the formation lap.

Public online lobby
Slots: 16
Race Quality: High
VOIP: Disabled
Host: Unfixed
Track Settings
Everything default except number of laps
Weather settings will be in the specific race break down (linked in the thead OP through the track boxes).

Event Settings
Penalty: None
Race Finish Delay: Maximum
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel: On
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Regulation Settings
Car Restrictions: None
Tires: Racing Hard (R1)
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
ABS: Optional
Traction Control: Optional
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
ASM: OFF
Driving Line: OFF

Qualifying:

• Qualifying will be a 4 lap race consisting of 1 warm up lap, 2 flying laps and a cool down lap. Your fastest lap of the 2 counts.
  • Use of track is detailed at the bottom of this post, as well as in the GTP OLR rules. A dirty lap will result in a 2% time penalty.
  • Your lap must be watched and verified by a fellow participant.
  • Post in the thread when you are ready to qualify and someone will get a room up, if there isn't one already up.
  • More than 1 driver may qualify at one time, as long as a 30 second gap to the driver ahead is given.
  • The Qualifying deadline is 12 hours before the green flag time of the race. If you qualify after this time, you will receive a 2% time penalty. If you have not qualified but still want to race, you will start at the back of your class in Division 2 (assuming there is a free spot).
  • The top half fastest times will make up Division 1. The bottom half fastest times will make up Division 2.

Race Day Procedure:

At 18:00 UTC, the room will open. Practice (free run) will be held for 45 minutes. PP, power and weight checks will then be performed. The grid will have been decided in the run up to the race and will be ordered by lining up in the correct order on track once the track has been reset.

When the race has started drivers should stay put.

Formation Lap:

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start/ finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

Track Conduct and Penalties:

All drivers must read and follow the GTP OLR rules.

Please PM me or any of the PURE stewards about any race incidents.
These are the things you should not do:
  • Weave on the formation lap.
  • Cross the start/finish line before the car in front on the formation lap.
  • Use the pit entry wall to slow yourself down.
  • Exit the pits moving on to the race line too soon. Try and stay inside the white line.
  • Run wide/corner cut too many times.
  • Cause an avoidable collision. (It shows good racing etiquette to wait up for the driver you was just in a collision with, even if you didn't think it was your fault entirely)

Use of Track:

2 Wheels must be touching what is deemed as "track" at all times! Red+white rumble strips are classed as track. Green concrete/astroturf and run-off areas are not.
You will only be given a penalty if you*gained*time from either driving off track or touching the barriers, and not if you*lost*time.

If you have any further queries about what parts of a track are dirty, then please ask.

Last edited:
I'll break out the old JGTS Denso Lexus for this Wardez 👍.

Ehrrmmm... iiiinterested!! 👍

Not sure if I can participate depending on date, but I'm off from work from Sunday and 3 weeks onwards, but there's a possibility I'll leave town.. But I defenetly got my eyes on this one! 👍

I'm thinking XANAVI GT-R or RAYBRIG NSX..

Awesome guys! Moving this one over to the spot races section.

Btw I wish Masi was still here to see this as he wanted this so bad in WSGTC 3... :(

Yeah he's still around, talk to him on FB, he was just excited to have any new track, so he loved the news :D

lol you like that? I got inspired from someone xD

I'd love to participate in this but you put a turbo in the NSX? :crazy: Blasphemy!

Nice movement of the thread. I see what you did there. :sly: :lol:

professional experience ;)

OK8
I'd love to participate in this but you put a turbo in the NSX? :crazy: Blasphemy!
That's no problem at all. Nice car to drive. 👍

Btw, you saw the Spot Race thread for this weekend?
Or are you celebrating midsummer like most of us in Sweden do? ;)
(Drinking all weekend.. :lol:)

OK8

hah, why? Not radically different to drive at all without it.
These spec's are race proven across 4 different championships. The original sacred JGTS spec's :P, they are the idol behind the alter of Pure :D
I think you can trust them to feel good for you ;)

Perhaps an explenation to why we added the turbo.

Initially, the NSX was too fast down the straights, so to reduce the top speed, we had to cut the power but still keep roughly the same PP.
So we were able to reduce the power output from 541 bhp to 512. Made quite a difference on the top speed.
The NSX is still faster in a straight line, but the different cars are on par over a full season. 👍

Problem was that when we had it stock, the PP could'nt get above 600 iirc, so in order to get it up there, we had to add power. And the way we did it is the best possible way imo.
And you can remove the turbo, wich is not the case with an Engine Stage 1-3. 👍

Oh, and the car is a dream to drive imo.

Wow ill he up for this.

I cannot remember to track from GT4 but hey it may come back to me

I'm definitely be there, either the Calsonic, Z, or Yellowhat Supra for me.

Awesome Remy, will be awesome to race with you in a GT500 car againa, like old times (*.*)

I think I'm gonna go SC430 again.

If this race is going to be on July 8th or July 15th or even July 29th I'm in!!! The only sunday I cannot is July 22th because I'll be on holiday. Choosing the car is not important now because:

Cars will be assigned randomly, you can only choose car type (e.g. NSX, GTR, Supra, SC430, Z) and we will then assign cars to people to make teams of 2

Let's say I'd like a GTR :D

Awesome Remy, will be awesome to race with you in a GT500 car againa, like old times (*.*)

I think I'm gonna go SC430 again.

I know right :dopey:

I watched your video on Youtube when we practice at Seca for WSGTC2, awesome 👍

On which day is the Race?
When the day is ok for me i take the yellowhat gtr08.

Hey Tony thanks for the interest 👍

The day of the race will be announced once we know when the DLC track comes out.

If this race is going to be on July 8th or July 15th or even July 29th I'm in!!! The only sunday I cannot is July 22th because I'll be on holiday. Choosing the car is not important now because:

Cars will be assigned randomly, you can only choose car type (e.g. NSX, GTR, Supra, SC430, Z) and we will then assign cars to people to make teams of 2

Let's say I'd like a GTR :D

Awesome, GTR it is (:

I know right :dopey:

I watched your video on Youtube when we practice at Seca for WSGTC2, awesome 👍

Awesome, that was such an awesome little sprint :cheers:

I'll take your word for it, and would like to participate in the ARTA NSX.

Definitely up for this. Will either be running the
YMS Supra from JGTS or possibly venture into a GTR for the first time.

I'd love to join this race, can someone clarify to me how i would go about signing up or joining? Thanks.

You just spec a car up to the specs in the OP, pick the best car for you and sign up 👍.

Also when Motegi gets added as DLC Wardez will organise a time and date. Then when the rooms open he will post a room number in the thread :).

I'll sign up and since I've only ever used the Raybrig NSX I'll change and go with a GT-R.👍 If they're full I've no problems going to a GT-R though.:)

Yeah, sorry about not having a sign up template ready. I'll get that up later today.

But just posting in the thread with intention of joining's enough really. As you can see by the rules, qualifying is what puts every one on grid, so there's unlimited spots open.

Cheers

Back