Votes: 178 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uruguay
Assamstadt, Germany
Flaco__13
I would like to know how others think about an implementation of Opel/Vauxhall.
see link for info: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel

Edit: I know, in GT6, there will be all the Opel and Vauxhall models from previous GT

Speedster/ Speedster Turbo
Vectra 3.2 V6
Corsa 1.4 Comfort
Tigra 1.6i
Astra V8 DTM
Calibra DTM

But since that is a pretty poor representation compared to other brands the size, I am asking for NEW-to-the-series models!

Opel has had its most successfull era in the early '70s. With Models like

Diplomat
Opel_Diplomat_A_%20Baujahr_1964-68_2.JPG

Manta
manta-a.jpg

Commodore
galerieOpel-Commodore-A-GS-2FE-Coup-E8-T4J9.jpg

and Kadett
opel-kadett-c-gte.jpg

In the late 80's and early 90's Opel rivaled the Golf II GTi with the

Kadett GSi 16v
kadett-gsi-14977.jpg

And the second generation Manta led to hughe fan cult and controversy through Films like "Manta Manta" and "Manta the movie"

Manta B i400
manta-i400-1.jpg

The brand had struggeled with Quality problems due to a contra-productive austerity policy at that time, the damage to the Brands image this had cost is still notable today, while Opel is continously teaching the world otherwise, showing what it is capable of with the newest Models, wich are becoming the recognition (like, in Automotive-magazines) that the true affiliates never lost, through the years.

Insignia OPC (with the Lotus Carlton)
Lotus-Omega-und-Insignia-OPC.jpg

Corsa OPC Nürburgring Edition

Opel-Corsa-OPC-Nuerburgring-Edition.jpg

and the all new Astra GTC OPC (winning in a magazine article comparision over the actual Scirocco R, source: AutoBild.de)
224852_460002970695613_963469071_n.jpg

Astra GTC OPC
Opel-Astra-GTC-OPC-1200x800-731ade449329c66c.jpg

Please vote and comment, but don't violate AUP and debate nice and fair. Keep the hating to a minimum ;)

Thanks in advance for participating

Ps. Sorry for bad english, feel free to correct me :)

have fun

Last edited:
You don't have to be Opel fan to vote for 'yes', imagine the fun races online between new Astra and Scirocco/Golf

opel tigra ice car from gt2
550hp
opel_tigra_rally_03_800x600.jpg

5146253854_f3f07bb99a_o.jpg

opel tigra 3000cc v6 MR!!!

OpelClassics2011_182.jpg

OpelClassics2011_181.jpg

Tigra GT/R
steinmetzconcepttigragtrfronttable50.jpg

Extremely sporting look and exceptionally high road performances are the things for the Opel Tigra GT/R study which was launched as a world premiere at the ESSEN-MOTOR-SHOW 1996.
steinmetzconcepttigragtrhecktable50.jpg

The prototype which is developed up to series production, demonstrates the high technical and design potential of STEINMETZ Opel-Tuning: Our engineers and designers created a very sporty version of the Opel Tigra 1,6 16V which doesn't only captivate with its exciting wide body but particularly with the implantation of a 2.0 litre 16V Ecotec engine which is powered up to 170 hp / 125 kW.

steinmetzconcepttigragtrmotor.jpg

Equipped like this the STEINMETZ Tigra GT/R took part in category lower cars at the "sport auto Tuner Grand Prix 1998". The automotive magazine "sport auto" wrote: "But it was no match for the perfectly prepared Opel Tigra GT/R by STEINMETZ.
None of the competition came within reach of its lap time of 1.20,53 minute. With just 170 HP, optimum chassis set-up and the driving skills of Manfred Wollgarten, the sturdy STEINMETZ Tigra raced to an easy class win.

If PD would premiumize (is that a word?) the Ice Race Tigra from GT2 this could be a great start, since they should have easy access to it.

I doubt though that relatively unknown german Tuner like Steinmetz would make it to the game.

But those Tigra's look awesome bro! :)

Without a shadow of a doubt, Opel/Vauxhall should be added to the NCD!

Drifters would be able to use the tail happy Manta, Ascona, or the Kadett.
Track day lovers would have fun in any of the above, or even the VXR/OPC range

Opel and Vauxhall are a huge force to be reckoned with in Europe, against the likes of VW, and Ford, and their cars are improving year on year.

I would also LOVE to see the classics, like the Astra mk3 GSi, Corsa B GSi, Nova (Corsa A) and the Calibra, Cavalier (Vectra A) and the Vectra B ST's. Some brilliant cars over the last 2 years, and plenty more to come!

Would love to see the likes of Old Nail, and Baby Bertha reincarnated in GT too, absolute weapons on the track!

The Opel/Vauxhall situation might be slightly complicated with LHD/RHD cockpit view although apparantly there are RHD Japanese-market Opel models.
If Opel and/or Vauxhall are added I unfortunately doubt we'll see any classic models though, since if they decide all models must be shared by both brands (only rebadged) there's the issue that they only started building the same rebadged versions since roughly the mid-eighties, before that they build slightly or completely different cars.
I'd love an Insignia OPC/VXR but it wouldn't surprise me we got the Ampera and a similar Chevrolet Volt 'duplicate' if it's added at all.

Bring in the Aussies first.

No doubt the HSV vs. FPV rivalry is just as interesting, but since there is a Scirocco and Golf R the addition of the GTC OPC would make so much sense right now.

I agree though a later Aussie Package with V8 Supercars and Road HSV and FPV versions plus classic muscle would be nice.

But this is about Opel/Vauxhall ;)

Last edited:
As long as they can be branded under vauxhall as well. I'd be happy with them coming to premium, always wanted to drive the Corsa Nurburgring edition.

As long as they can be branded under vauxhall as well. I'd be happy with them coming to premium, always wanted to drive the Corsa Nurburgring edition.

We all know PD don't hesitate to switch badges LOL.

But idk, does a Vauxhall Corsa VXr exist as a Nürburgring Edition?

If PD would premiumize (is that a word?) the Ice Race Tigra from GT2 this could be a great start, since they should have easy access to it.

I doubt though that relatively unknown german Tuner like Steinmetz would make it to the game.

But those Tigra's look awesome bro! :)
for me the awesome tigra is the 3.0L v6 MR concept my friend !!

But idk, does a Vauxhall Corsa VXr exist as a Nürburgring Edition?

Yep. Supposedly far better than the stock version. I would do with that...

And of course, the Tigra Ice Race Car.

for me the awesome tigra is the 3.0L v6 MR concept my friend !!

Engine swap is highly demanded to be in GT. Thinking of the Vectra 3.2 V6 put that motor in the tigra trunk, there you'd have a Tigra V6 MR :). It would still be standard though

The Opel/Vauxhall situation might be slightly complicated with LHD/RHD cockpit view although apparantly there are RHD Japanese-market Opel models.
If Opel and/or Vauxhall are added I unfortunately doubt we'll see any classic models though, since if they decide all models must be shared by both brands (only rebadged) there's the issue that they only started building the same rebadged versions since roughly the mid-eighties, before that they build slightly or completely different cars.
I'd love an Insignia OPC/VXR but it wouldn't surprise me we got the Ampera and a similar Chevrolet Volt 'duplicate' if it's added at all.

One mistake they (PD) made was to put in Opels that where sold in Japan, otherwise we would have a Corsa GSi instead of this Comfort 1.4 joke aswell as an OPC version of the Vectra instead of the Grandpa Car 3.2 v6 already.

If they would make both Brands into NCD i guess they just have to leave a classic Opel a unique car and not rebadge another none existing Vauxhall, like they did with the DTM cars, that was yet another mistake they did.

I'd love an Ampera, the first electric/hybrid car in the game from europe.

Talk about jumping the gun. There is nothing to say that they will add a new car dealership for the Scion and even if they do it doesn't suddenly mean they're going to add a bunch of other manufacturers.

Talk about jumping the gun. There is nothing to say that they will add a new car dealership for the Scion and even if they do it doesn't suddenly mean they're going to add a bunch of other manufacturers.

I think we all know that. :) In the OP I wrote: "With the possible addition of Scion as a new brand in the NCD (New Car Dealership; hence Premium Cars), the hope for more Manufacturers to be added, is very high"

Maybe you missed that ;)

i guess they just have to leave a classic Opel a unique car and not rebadge another none existing Vauxhall, like they did with the DTM cars, that was yet another mistake they did.

Yeah, non-existent imaginary Vauxhall DTM cars wasn't their finest hour but if I have to nominate one classic Opel the most obvious candidate would be the GT (and not because of its name), even though personally I'd love a V8-engined Diplomat, a Commodore GS/E or even the first-generation Manta.

OpelGT.jpg

There's so much wrong with this picture though.....

I think we all know that. :) In the OP I wrote: "With the possible addition of Scion as a new brand in the NCD (New Car Dealership; hence Premium Cars), the hope for more Manufacturers to be added, is very high"

Maybe you missed that ;)

No I saw that but until anything is confirmed this is nothing more than a wishlist.

^^^ Oh man, how on earth could I forget about the GT??? thanks for putting the picture with it. I'm not going to edit OP its long enough... lol

SimonK: of course it is a wishlist LOL, once again I think we all are very well aware of it! ???
But hey, thank you for reminding. :)

Last edited:
If Vauxhall was added then hopefully the BTCC Astra and Vectra touring cars could be added. A Vectra TC was in GT2 I believe as an RM

I'd prefer them to add Porsche as a new dealer tbh.

Can you add that to the poll?

lol, no I'm sorry Spagetti69, this is ment to be about Opel/Vauxhall.

@all: please don't get Off Topic with the Porsche issue, it is beeing discussed in a variety of threads on here, thank you

Engine swap is highly demanded to be in GT. Thinking of the Vectra 3.2 V6 put that motor in the tigra trunk, there you'd have a Tigra V6 MR :). It would still be standard though
no my friend this is a factory concept tigra
is mid machine with Rear-wheel drive!!
:)

no my friend this is a factory concept tigra
is mid machine with Rear-wheel drive!!
:)

I know, my friend, I was just trying to bring the engine swap story into play. :)

Great progress on the poll so far, much better than I had expected. Thanks for showing some Opel/Vauxhall love. And thanks for (any) vote, you guys. Keep it coming.

I'd prefer them to add Porsche as a new dealer tbh.

Can you add that to the poll?

To be honest, most mainstream brands included in GT5 have at least one model available in the NCD, there are only a few which are only available as Standard.
Along with a quite a few American brands (some more relevant these days than others perhaps) there's Hyundai, Seat and Opel/Vauxhall and perhaps some I'm forgetting.
Considering how big Opel/Vauxhall are in Europe I'm not surprised this is one of the brands first thought of which doesn't need a separate new license to be added.
Scion is also already in the game as Standard, and I'm really wondering how the new Premium one will be added.

To be honest, most mainstream brands included in GT5 have at least one model available in the NCD, there are only a few which are only available as Standard.
Along with a quite a few American brands (some more relevant these days than others perhaps) there's Hyundai, Seat and Opel/Vauxhall and perhaps some I'm forgetting.
Considering how big Opel/Vauxhall are in Europe I'm not surprised this is one of the brands first thought of which doesn't need a separate new license to be added.
Scion is also already in the game as Standard, and I'm really wondering how the new Premium one will be added.

I'm not to sure they don't need a new license. I mean I have no idea how those contracts work but since most standards existed in GT4, yet for example manys are left out from GT3!!! my guess is they might aswell have to renew those contracts/licenses. Hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
Back