STaTS - SNAIL's Team and Tuner Series (Season V) GT300 cars SPOTS OPEN

• Thread starter hillracing
  • 89 comments
United States
California
hillracing

Click image for SNAIL Schedule of events.
Welcome SNAIL drivers and anyone else that may be interested.

The Idea

This will be a racing series that runs four weeks during January, on Tuesday evenings, 10:00 p.m. Eastern. The first race will be on 8 January.

There will be two groups of people involved in this. These two groups will be vying for points separately.

Tuners

Tuners will build a car to the regulations. Tuners will win points for their cars. Drivers will be put into teams of two drivers, each, but a Tuner can supply tunes for more than one team of Drivers. The points will not be cumulative, so the Tuner will be judged on his best performing team.

Drivers

Drivers will be grouped into teams. They will be tasked to run races over four weeks in a car built by one of the Tuners. They will win points individually, and they will win points for their Tuner.

Rules
Teams
Teams must run the same car the whole season.
Teams must run the same color.
Teams may tune and re-tune a car as many times as they want during the season, and even between rounds on the same evening.
Tuners
Tuners will be primarily responsible for building the cars to be raced. They can take driver input, but their decision for set up is final.
Drivers
Drivers will respect the setup as prescribed by the Tuners. They may give input, but Tuners' decisions are final.
Drivers will respect the GT Planet OLR, and will be subject to disqualification.
Drivers must have unique numbers. Priority is given to number of weeks in SNAIL.
Drivers may change their wheels and may paint them any color.

Regulations

Cars

The cars for this series and specs for them will be:

P RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
325HP 1100KG 530PP Limiter 96.6

P Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
340HP 1100KG 547PP TURBO 2 Limiter 94.6

P Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
335HP 1175KG 531PP Limiter 95.4

P Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
355HP 1150KG 549PP STAGE 3 MOTOR Limiter 95.4

Tires: Race Hards.

Event Settings

Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Regulation Settings
No Skid Recovery Force
Driving Line Off
No Active Steering
No TCS
No ASM

Drivers in first place will receive 16 points, second will receive 15, and so on.
Tuners will receive the same points from each driver on their team.
For both individual and team scores, each drivers lowest score will be dropped. This, in effect, gives each driver a "bye week".

Races

All race sessions will be held at 22:00 Eastern time.
All race sessions will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge (send a friend request if you haven't already).
Race sessions will be scheduled as:
10 Minutes: Qualifying for Frist Race
20 Minutes (approx): First Race
Ballast Adjustment
20 Minutes (approx): Second Race. Grid will be based on results from previous race.
Ballast Adjustment
20 Minutes (approx): Third Race. Grid will be reverse results from previous race.

Ballast

After each race, success ballast will be assigned as:
1st will receive 75 Kg
2nd will receive 50 Kg
3rd will receive 35 Kg
4th will receive 20 Kg
5th will receive 10 Kg
forth from last will lose 10 Kg
third from last will lose 20 Kg
second to last will lose 35 Kg
last will lose 50 Kg
Success ballast will be cumulative over a season.
Cars will not drop below the initial weight.

Schedule

8 January:
Suzuka 20 laps x3

15 January:
Twin Ring Full Course 10 laps x3

22 January:
Tskuba

29 January:
Twin Ring Oval 32 laps x 3

Last edited:
Current Teams
  • Dabneyd #8 and Kcheeb #76
  • Hillracing #1 and Turbo91stdcivic #81 driving an Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08 Tuned by Hillracing
  • Rallywgn2 #19 and ChuthuluGoat driving an RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06 Tuned by Rallywgn2
  • Wolfsatz and Iroquis #34 driving an Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
  • MajikTom #67 and Oshawa Joe driving an Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08 Tuned by MajikTom

Available Tuners
  • Hillracing
  • Rallywgn2

Interested Drivers
  • bountyfuzza

Last edited:
My fiance is going to love this, I can here it now,
"You're racing on Tuesday again." Fiance says
"It's only one night more." I protest.
"So you race Tuesday, Wendsday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday?" She says
" Wendsday we don't race, it's just practice." I say, as I try to catch the words as they come out of my mouth.
So I'm in as a free agent for a drivers position.

can tuners drive?
Well, regardless, stick me in as a tuner, and if I can drive, mark me down for that as well.

Sweet, I'll take #19. Now to decide on the car. I'm stuck between the rx7 or subaru. So, Im guessing that the cars must be at those posted specs. But trans and suspension is open to tune? And how do we go about distributing the tune? Message, forum, post the tuned car online?

Sweet, I'll take #19. Now to decide on the car. I'm stuck between the rx7 or subaru. So, Im guessing that the cars must be at those posted specs. But trans and suspension is open to tune? And how do we go about distributing the tune? Message, forum, post the tuned car online?

Yea the specs listed are the specs the car has to be at. Everything else is open such as trans and suspension. Once you have a team set you can send the tune through PM to your team. That usually works best so everyone else doesn't have your tune.

Is it possible for me to try it out today? Just me as my own team (but still need tuner)

We weren't doing an official race today but if anyone wants to for fun feel free. As far as running the season as a one man team I'd prefer everyone to have a team mate as that's part of what makes this series unique. It makes it fun working together to win the team championship along with racing for your own championship. If you have trouble finding a team mate or tuner just post here and I'm sure we'll figure it out.

We weren't doing an official race today but if anyone wants to for fun feel free. As far as running the season as a one man team I'd prefer everyone to have a team mate as that's part of what makes this series unique. It makes it fun working together to win the team championship along with racing for your own championship. If you have trouble finding a team mate or tuner just post here and I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Ok but I think I'll hold off on this league until summer

Ok, Goat and I have teamed up, and I wish to tune the RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06. I'm partial to this car, as I drive a rotary and rock an RE Amemiya tattoo, and of course the nudge from Goat. This car wil be good fun to drive.
So, to any team that wants to drive in this car, PM me on what handling chararistics you like (how you like your diff to behave, tighteness in the suspension, if you like the rear to stay planted or able to slip it out some, those things) and I will get to work on preliminary tuning.
Hill. When do we get to find out what tracks we will be on?

Ok, Goat and I have teamed up, and I wish to tune the RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06. I'm partial to this car, as I drive a rotary and rock an RE Amemiya tattoo, and of course the nudge from Goat. This car wil be good fun to drive.
So, to any team that wants to drive in this car, PM me on what handling chararistics you like (how you like your diff to behave, tighteness in the suspension, if you like the rear to stay planted or able to slip it out some, those things) and I will get to work on preliminary tuning.
Hill. When do we get to find out what tracks we will be on?

Great question. I originally was going to let the last season top 4 pick the tracks but with all the time in between the seasons I don't know how easy that would be to pull off. I'm thinking we race at Japanese tracks since we're racing GT300 cars. Anyone have any preference? I'm open to any tracks.

Lets do all the Motegi tracks. You could do something like West, East, Oval, then Twin Ring. I think If you break them up that way it keeps it fresh.

Chiochan
Lets do all the Motegi tracks. You could do something like West, East, Oval, then Twin Ring. I think If you break them up that way it keeps it fresh.

I'm kinda reluctant to do all of them but maybe two like the full course and the oval. I'm thinking we do Suzuka, twin ring, tskuba and the oval at twin ring or Fuji instead.

My fiance is going to love this, I can here it now,
"You're racing on Tuesday again." Fiance says
"It's only one night more." I protest.
"So you race Tuesday, Wendsday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday?" She says
" Wendsday we don't race, it's just practice." I say, as I try to catch the words as they come out of my mouth.
So I'm in as a free agent for a drivers position.

LMAO ... :lol::mischievous:
I am so glad that I am not the only one with this conversation. :gtpflag:

BTW,
As up the end of last year, Iroquis and I still a team. I will double check that he is still available for Tuesdays.

I'm kinda reluctant to do all of them but maybe two like the full course and the oval. I'm thinking we do Suzuka, twin ring, tskuba and the oval at twin ring or Fuji instead.

That sounds like a great lineup. I'm a little Fujied out at the moment, so I would prefer the oval. Man we need some DLC tracks:ill:

That sounds like a great lineup. I'm a little Fujied out at the moment, so I would prefer the oval. Man we need some DLC tracks:ill:

That we do. Would be nice if they came out with a sort of tracks from the past pack. Get all the tracks from all iterations of GT that aren't currently in the line up.

Last edited:
Just got done taking the 7 around Suzuka. This thing is a blast! Currently running in the low 2:12's high 2:11's. Goat, maybe we can hit up some test and tune friday night. Gotta make sure there is nothing planned for sure (got a bad memory for this, as my wife has found out). But I should have a tune finalized by Sunday, if not sooner.

Just got a good connection going but no wheel setup yet. The DS3 during practice tonight was driving me crazy. Should have something setup by Friday. I'll PM you when I get out of work (7-9 pm) and we could test.

Rallywagon
So uhh, hey there Hill. Been uhh, been tuning yet?:sly:

LOL. Not yet. Waiting for my team mate to tell me which car he likes. How's your tuning coming along?

I'd be into this with Oshawa Joe... I can tune for both of us (can drivers be tuners?)... Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
PSN MajikTom or GTP_Overdrive_67 (I am #67)

I'd be into this with Oshawa Joe... I can tune for both of us (can drivers be tuners?)... Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
PSN MajikTom or GTP_Overdrive_67 (I am #67)

Sounds good. You can tune and drive. Please pick one of the 2 psn to use so we can get you a friend request sent from the proper lounge.

LOL. Not yet. Waiting for my team mate to tell me which car he likes. How's your tuning coming along?

I'm actually kinda worried. These cars are great out of the box. Simply adjusting the brake balance made the car feel awesome. I got a few adjustments in mind. But I'm worried i may ruin the planted feel this car has.

Latest Posts

Back