GT4P Euro suggests Ferrari's and Porsches will be included?

• Thread starter PaulC2K
  • 84 comments
Its my first post, and i cant see anyone else saying the same in either areas, so here goes.

In the European GT4P, the bonus 'Making Of' dvd includes both Video footage of the guys at Motegi testing a multitude of cars, in the video, not only is there a Ferrari 360 Modena clearly shown in the video, they even show them driving it onto the track.
There must be at least 5 clear photos of this car, and a couple where you just see bits of it, all these times, the Ferrari is what the camera is focusing on, not like the car is in the distance and you have to squint to see a red blob on the horizon.

On top of this, theres a Photo gallery on there, not many screenshots really, maybe 20, but in there, not only do the show clear photos of the F360, but theres one photo with 4 cars side-by-side. A 360, 355, Testarossa and another 360.

Why include these cars if theyre not in GT4?
Is this a very blatent attempt at hinting that we will get these sportcars?

Theres also footage of them with a Porsche (dont know my Porsche models, they all look like the same 911's to me!) on a skid pad and in the parking lot too.

I assure you im no WUM (if you get them on here) and i only came here expecting someone to have photos of them ripped from the DVD (something im trying to do myself, but having problems with my machine for the last few weeks, and dont have a working XP currently able to watch DVD's or Take mulitmedia snapshots either)
Hopefully with the game officially released today, it wont be long till someone can back this up with photos.

Fingers crossed, but wont be disappointed if we dont get them.

PaulC2K
btw - i know the licencing deal, im no noob, im just saying what i see, and its all good!

Managed to get Gallery Screenshots, i would take a quick snap of the 'Making of' shots, but either my DVD Player or WinDVD is playing up

F355.jpg

F360.jpg

3_ferraris.jpg

ah, dvd/windvd is back with me now :)

not much to show on this either, nothing that will stand as 100% conclusive proof that its on the DVD really (though im sure many others will be able to in the next 24-48hrs)

911gt3.jpg

note the badge, there were other photos of 911's, but this one had a clear shot of the badge, the others could have been RUF's for all i know
testa_modena_911.jpg

Still, until we see its in the game... it aint in the game.

Hooray for pant cream.

Welcome to GTPlanet Paul. The possibility the videos are hints has been raised a few times, or that it was just a training day for PD, etc. There's an awful lot of conjecture about licensing deals and contracts, but the sad truth is we won't know till we're told.

Looks to me they are testing those cars along side the other normal cars, not training in them. ign.com mentioned the cars being tested.

IGN most likely knows just as much as we do on the subject.

Why show the cars, with such focus, in a demo of GT4 if these are cars that are not to be included in the final GT4?

This wait is just getting more and more painful :banghead:

I for one don't give a damn if Fuggari isn't included...

If it's in, however, I can't wait to see the GT4 forums, filled with threads by 13 year old delusional kids about how their 512TR's handling sucks donkey balls... Or why their 360 Modena can't stay with a Supra or a Skyline...

Yup, it'll be fun.

That is true, ign doesn't know more than us. I believe PD was testing the cars to, a training day would be silly and waste time and man force and why would they be training in the first place? PD needs to tell us something, why are they showing us these cars, is this a teaser for gt4? PD needs to comment instead of getting everyone's nerves shaking.

hmm, this may turn out like it did with the nordschleife, where pd said it would never be in gt4, but look, it is now, so could this be the case? could the hidden inclusion of ferrari and porsche be the ace that pd are playing close to their chest? who knows, but what a great sight to daydream about!!!

In the meanwhile, I've been the author of a GT4 thread called "Had Porsche and Ferrari Been Included in GT4," or something like that. The thread's premise was based on that PD hasn't the acquistion of licensing rights.

Welcome to GTPlanet, PaulC2K, by the way.

Me personally, I would like to have Porsche and Ferrari in GT4. I'm more of a Ferrari person, but I can deal with racing a beautiful Porsche 962, 956, or even the 911 GT1. I'd also want to race that Carrera GT. I don't know if they have sold enough to come up with a racing version (heck, I'd LOVE to see them in GT/sportscar racing), but the car is so sweet. If you love the Carerra but want something a little more powerful, Porsche got you covered.

On the Ferrari side, a GT4 version of Ferrari Challenge would be very satisfying. I want to take a 360 Modena Challenge Car and blow the 355s out of the water. If they wanted to continue with this, I'd also like to race the 360 Modena GT from Le Mans, Bathurst 24hr, and even the JGTC. The 333SP is always welcome to my garage. Don't want the Judd motor though. I love the wonderful engine noise of the orignal machine. It's a top-speed car from what I know. So, there you have it, Paul. Have fun on the Planet!

I knew that there was a photograph from a testing day (presumably this same one) of a Ferrari but i thought that all that was known was it was there, anyone could have arrived in that car, just cos it was there didnt mean it was going to appear in the game etc.

So the same video was included for the Japanese GT4:P release? cos i thought this was something that hadnt been released. I was impressed with it, wasnt expecting anything as long as it was (about 15-20 min) although theres very little GT game in there, its all of the track-side 'making of' rather than the game coding 'making of' which would have been equally interesting.

Just worked my way through the tests, mostly silvers and the odd bronze/gold. twice screwed myself over on the last lap of the Mclaren test. Im disappointed that the GT-One wasnt a drivable car after seeing it in there, its always been a favourite, along with the GT40.
As long as those cars are in the game, i'd be happy, but it would be nice to see some exotic performance cars in the game, either in road or sport versions, and Ferrari's and Porsche's fit that bill. Hopefully the Diablo makes the European shores this time (if its included, cant remember now). Eitherway, its gotta be better than having half a dozen stationwagen/estate or pokey box cars in the game.

Its good to know the ferraris have been tested and data has been collected, so they are definetely a possibility as are the other 2000 or so cars that were tested by PD, KY has already commented on this saying the data was collected not only for GT4 but for GT5 inclusions as well. At least we know there is a GT5 planned.

Originally posted by PunkRock
I for one don't give a damn if Fuggari isn't included...

If it's in, however, I can't wait to see the GT4 forums, filled with threads by 13 year old delusional kids about how their 512TR's handling sucks donkey balls... Or why their 360 Modena can't stay with a Supra or a Skyline...

Yup, it'll be fun.

It'll be no doubt interesting. Esspecially seeing the Maita rip a Ferrari F355 into peices.

I think they will release the Ferraris after new years when the EA licence expires. SO you will most likely be able to download them and store them on the hard drive.

Here is a new "what if..."

What if... they allready got a contract with Ferrari and Porsche for 2005?
I mean... EA can't stop PD testing and modelling those cars. PD only isn't allowed to sell a game containing a Ferrari of Porsche.

So maybe they tested the cars, made them in the game, but can't say they are in (or can't show any pics of them) because that wouldn't be allowed.

I thought it was Eurogamer who had an article about gt4 delaying again. For "unknown" reasons. Probably getting a release date in europe for february 2005.

It might be wishfull thinking... but all the pieces fit together ;)
(sorry for any bad english)

Why are people saying the rights expire next year? The expiration is this year in Nov. Board member antde2001 mentioned talking to a ferrari rep who told him ferrari wanted to be in. Also, the rep told him the rights EA holds goes out this Nov. antde2001 went to the international car show in NYC.

well... i didn't say next year.
I only thought the rights would go till dec 31 2004, and therefor the release would be next year.

but if the rights end in november... then it still could be released this year :)

If it goes out in November then it might be the sole rights might be only to oct31st or early november. That would explain the Nov release.

The UK arm of Sony Computer Entertainment has confirmed that Gran Turismo 4 is still on track for a November 2004 release, despite rumours from sources close to Sony that the PAL version has slipped to early 2005.

A source close to the platform holder told Eurogamer this afternoon that "SCEE won't admit that GT4 will slip yet," but maintained that internally, Sony is facing up to making the unwelcome move of shifting the game's PAL launch until early next year - a claim denied by SCE UK's PR chief David Wilson.

"We haven't been made aware of any changes to the schedule, but Polyphony are such perfectionists that they won't ship the game until it's absolutely ready. It's such an important title," Wilson told us this afternoon.

Polyphony's legendary GT-creator Kazunori Yamauchi admitted in a recent interview that perfecting the game's online mode was a major factor in the extensive delays besetting the project to date, and that adding the huge Nurburgring track had also been behind the decision to put the game back.

In the event of a small slippage for the PAL release, Sony would be looking at pushing the game all the way back to mid February - usually the first week considered for any major game releases post Christmas. Any further slippage would be a major blow for both Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and fans of the series, who would otherwise have to console themselves with the stop gap release GT Prologue - a review of which you can read here, and buy in PAL territories as of tomorrow (or today, if your local retailer has broken street date, as they all seem to do these days).
Source http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55653

i have some input here, and maybe it'll clear some things up.

currently EA has the Licenses as we all know, and we also know that they expire in November.

right now PD are claiming that the 2 biggies aren't in the game, this makes EA feel relaxed knowing that they don't have to worry about the posibility of the competition having what they have. however, if PD officially states "GT4 will have Ferarri and Porshe" then EA would probably step in the attempt to renew the contracts as not getting it renewed would be a big blow for the NFS series and other EA IPs

IMO, PD is telling us there are Ferarris and Porshes through the video and photos, but at the same time officially denouncing it to ensure that EA doesn't get overworked about itabout it

I'm sure EA knows about the hype surrounding the possibility of the inclusion of Ferrari and Porsche in GT4. It's impossible for them not to get nervous over the possiblity of that happening.

In the end, it will be up to the car companies to decide who gets the rights to their licences and how long. Given the popularity of the GT series, it's only a matter of time until the "big names" get into it.

If I'm EA and I saw those videos and pictures on GT4P, I would get pretty nervous I'd say

EA made a large profit from Microsoft for that, and PGR2 isn't taking sales away from their own games. EA will not share thoes licenses with Sony and more specifically PD their main competitor when it comes down to racing games, the idea that Sony wan'ts them could freighten EA into renewing thoes licenses even though they might not usethem again for quite some time.

EA isnt the only company that has a say in the renewing of a contract. Recall the other companies (ferrari, and the rest) must agree on the deal. Its up to Ferrari and CO to decide what will be more profitable for them. So that EA wants to renew them isnt a big suprise and EA wont try to renew it in the last second. They probably are trying now to reach a deal but same goes for PD, and the rest.

And to some "statistics" having a car in GT games has a potential in raising your sales "exponentially"

True, but Ferrari will either just choose the highest bidder, or they'll look at other things, like image and how being in NFS or GT can affect your image. Remeber Ferrari has expressed a desire to be in GT, but theres a lot for them to consider.

True, I guess not even the CEOS know for sure what will happen. Sony might even come in and buy out the rights and only allow PS2 games include them.

Originally posted by nitro_2003
hmm, this may turn out like it did with the nordschleife, where pd said it would never be in gt4, but look, it is now, so could this be the case?
PD never said the Nordschleife wouldn't be in GT4.

Somehow I think conctractual negotiations on this scale would have been in the works for a rather long time and almost already finalised.

As for which company would be the most profitable, EA wins in most respects: they have deeper pockets outright, and I'd wager a larger fan base buying their games. That may not be the case, but how many NFS titles and other racers have we had from EA since GT3 launched?

Irrespective of what happens, they will remain one of the biggest game publishing companies in the world, with so many franchises raking in money year after year.

I don't think EA is nervous about anything.

Perhaps EA don't really care about Ferrari etc anymore, after the NFS brand is heading into the street racing scene away from exotics.

I'm sure EA is gonna make plenty from NFS : U 1&2.

I just want lambos! :)

Back