GT4P Euro suggests Ferrari's and Porsches will be included?

• Thread starter PaulC2K
  • 84 comments
Originally posted by Eagle
Somehow I think conctractual negotiations on this scale would have been in the works for a rather long time and almost already finalised.

As for which company would be the most profitable, EA wins in most respects: they have deeper pockets outright, and I'd wager a larger fan base buying their games. That may not be the case, but how many NFS titles and other racers have we had from EA since GT3 launched?

Irrespective of what happens, they will remain one of the biggest game publishing companies in the world, with so many franchises raking in money year after year.

I don't think EA is nervous about anything.
KY said he'd been in talks with Ferrari last year, thats when Ferrari said they would like to be in a GT game. EA would be much more profitable than PD, and saying they have deeper pockets would be an understatment. If PD had it's money in it's pockets, EA would have a safe full of it. And your probably right about EA not being nervous.

You know how Porsche is represented in Gran Turismo under the name of RUF, well i was wondering if there are any private racing / tuning companies which modify Ferrari's and Lambo's?This is how PD got around the licencing with the RUF's so if they could do the same and buy the rights to a company which has them rebaged and under a different name they could get some ferrari's and lambo's into the game. :D ,another is Alpina who modify BMW's.....i mean stuff like that.

id rather have ferrari's and/or porsche than lambos. i wish that pic was of a testarossa. such a great car. Has anyone hosted any vids of this DVD yet?

Lambo never even seems to register on the radar, it's just Porsche and Ferrari everyone's interested in.

Robin: I'm sure someone will explain the intricacies of why Ruf isn't Porsche and Ruf cars aren't even just Porsche's that have been developed into racing cars. I can think of a number of outfits that race modified Ferraris that could be used in a similar fashion to the "BMW" McLaren F1 GTR.

id like to see the Countach quatrovalve 5000 in white, just so i could take pictures of it in photo mode to recreate the poster from my childhood bedroom wall.:)

Eagle: Yeah i understand now that theres is probably more to RUF than just the fact that ther body shell resembles a Porsche. They are tuned developed cars with totally a different experience to factory built Porsche's. I just wish that PD would take the same approach as RUF, and as you pointed out with the "BMW" Mclaren with things like Ferrari. By having them under motorsport teams or racing divisions it would enable at least some to be in the game :D. Another example was the Lambo in GT3. I also reacon that if the SLR was baged as a Mclaren it would not have made it into the game...........luckly its a Merc!!!:)

Not surprising,,,
It could be true, it’s normal for different versions (US/Jpn/Euro) to have some cars not available in others.

It depends on the rights owners in the region,,

Just like in GT3 you can see clearly the Diablo in the intro, but you can’t drive it (unless you use the gameshark) :mischievous:
‘cause it was available in the Japanese version…

i realy wanted to see Ferrari, Porshe, maybe a Buggati Veyron
:embarrassed:

Bugatti would be good, but they would probably end up with a car totally different to the one that will be eventually released. There is so many changes to the design being done. The only thing we do know is it is W16, quad turbo and will have 1001bhp.

I think the last 2 Lamborghini's, the Murcielago and Gallardo, have been very good. Especially the Gallardo, it being smaller and lighter.

The Countach and Diablo would be nice for reliving the past.

These being virtual cars, you wouldn't have to deal with the zero rear visibiliy. And the huge size when parking.;) :)

Originally posted by robin2223
You know how Porsche is represented in Gran Turismo under the name of RUF, well i was wondering if there are any private racing / tuning companies which modify Ferrari's and Lambo's?This is how PD got around the licencing with the RUF's so if they could do the same and buy the rights to a company which has them rebaged and under a different name they could get some ferrari's and lambo's into the game. :D ,another is Alpina who modify BMW's.....i mean stuff like that.
Alpina is not a seperate car company, Ruf is. The McLaren in GT4 is under BMW because it has a BMW engine, it is a BMW backed racing team and I think BMW built that one, so BMW hold the license or something like that. As for Ruf, they don't modify Porsches, they build them from scratch. They buy Porsche bodies from Porsche withiout Porsche markings, they use several other parts you'd find in a Porsche along with a few bit's of their own and then Ruf assembles it all, not Porsche. Because over 70% (I think thats right) of the car is Ruf's own stuff and Ruf put's it all together, Ruf by German law is considered it's own brand and is not Porsche, Ruf do however offer tune up's to Porsche owners if they want to turn their 911 into a Ruf spec model, thoes are still Porsches, but the Ruf lineup is all their own.

I'm really hoping for Ferrari's, Porche's and all those other good euoropeon cars, but at the same time I want most of all present day F1 cars.

I would like some present day F1 cars, but even thopugh Sony owns the license now I can't see it happeneing, Sony wil want to make an official F1 game of their own and use them for that.

Don't know if someone mentioned, but on the ending movie of Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo (NTSC/J) you can see videos of Renault Laguna's used on BTCC. That car is not in the game, and i believe it's not in any GT released.

I'm not saying Ferrari's or Porsche's are not in the game. I'm just saying just because there are videos showing them this does not mean they'll be in the game.

Originally posted by Johnny
Don't know if someone mentioned, but on the ending movie of Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo (NTSC/J) you can see videos of Renault Laguna's used on BTCC. That car is not in the game, and i believe it's not in any GT released.

The BTCC livery was the Laguna's [R] mod in GT2

Thanx for the explanation live4speed, I wish they could find some way to get around the licence for these marques. Can't they have the Ferrari's in the game without any badges......like they used to on old old games, they would have the cars shape but no indication of badges...:D but i think now they have a law on the bodystyle being copied so no luck there...:(.

As for the Laguna BTCC car....it was in the asian prologue end movie when PD visited the Renault factory.......i recon there will be a strong possiblity of it being in the game.

They've just had the Porsche Carrera GT on the Top Gear(UK TV show) test track. It beat the Mercedes SLR McLaren by over 1 second. That had previously beat every other car by 3 seconds.

They said the Mercedes was easier to drive than the Porsche. If they are in the game, I hope they replicate that aspect of the respective handling.

If there isn't Ferrari's in the final GT4 it will probably due to some Licensing thing that Sony haven't worked out in time. There seams to be more minutes featuring Ferrari's on that DVD (the one that comes with Prologue PAL) than any other single car maker. Suggesting that PD are developing the cars and models.

When GT4 Prologue was annonced for EU - they we're saying that this special edition would have a special message from Kazunori-sama to GT fans in Europe. His interviews in "Making of a Driver" didn't indicate anything "really" special - could it be...?

as much as i would love to see porsches and especially ferraris in the game, i would hate seeing people, modifying the ferraris, suspension and tyre modifications would be fine, but i dont want to see people modifying the crap out of them, because thats not really what ferraris were made for, thats just my 2 cents.

ps. im new here, so hi everyone:mischievous:

Welcome to GTP, I don't see why you wouldn't want people turning thm into race cars, because thats all you do in all the GT's, the only diffference with GT3 is you don't have the race mod which gives you the aero kit and decals.

Originally posted by Kaniyodrift
When GT4 Prologue was annonced for EU - they we're saying that this special edition would have a special message from Kazunori-sama to GT fans in Europe. His interviews in "Making of a Driver" didn't indicate anything "really" special - could it be...?

That is true actualy, KY did mention something about a special message, and that message could be the 'making of movie' where ferrari and porsche appear, so the message might be in the picture and not in the words.:mischievous:

Or maybe that special message was just the BMW M5 2005, i hope not.:rolleyes:

The Special message from Ky is the few lines of test on the front cover.
The Bonus DVD footage of Ferraris & Porsche had me all excited when i heard people talking of them testing them.

However The DVD movie contains footage from 2 tests.
One of the Tests is the Twin Ring Motegi test day where we saw all the photos from, when the Photographed, Sound recorded and track drove a great number of cars. The footage on the DVD from this test contains no Ferraris, although a Mines modified Porsche does appear as well as one other Porsche Looking car, Which could be a RUF but im not a Porsche/Ruf expert.

The Second test day Footage, Which contains all those Ferraris is also at a Track, however this test day was for staff working on the game to get some more insight into car handling, as well as i think Some PR guests for some fun. i think some of the vehicles were staffers, others from other guests.
This day Basically involved the people learning car control, on a skid pan, and in the car park type area with cones, finally ending up running a few laps on track.
These sorts of days are run at many race tracks.
The Ferraris here were not Part of the Data gathering day...Shame.

I do have my fingers crossed that PD are gonna spring em late as a surprise, but the DVD doesnt raise my expectations any.

You guys find more possibilities and subtexts in things than my high school English teacher.

Whatever happens, happens.

Originally posted by Eagle
You guys find more possibilities and subtexts in things than my high school English teacher.

Whatever happens, happens.

the best post in history :)

i still want my lambos though....

Back