kmh -> mph

• Thread starter squeek
  • 43 comments
squeekimus
squeekimus
ive got the PAL version of GT3 and ive seen videos where instead of kmh on the tach it says mph? how can i change it from kmh -> mph? thanks alot :)

You have the PAL version, so it is going to be in KPH, just like in the Japanese versions... The US versions have MPH instead of KPH because that is the standard measurement in the states...

;)

iceburns288
Can you change it? I want mine to be km/h... :(
No, you can't change it in game.

It is possible to change from one to the other but you need an Xport and Famine.

daan
No, you can't change it in game.

It is possible to change from one to the other but you need an Xport and Famine.

lol...

The only way to change from MPH to KPH is by hybriding... That is, you will need a Sharkport or Xport and a free download from here. It's called MK's and it will be your best friend... With this program you can swap engines, drivetrains, any specific internal part, change wheel size, etc, etc, etc...

Enjoy...

;)

I have, available to download on my site (unless I screwed up and left the links to the old site in place) two files. One is a 0% game for PAL, which runs in miles and mph. One is a 0% game for NTSC, which runs in kilometres and km/h.

If you really, really badly want it, squeek, you can either try and find an XPortV2 somewhere (eBay - don't go over £15), or mail me your memory card and I can plonk the 0% save on there.

It's not possible to convert any given gamesave from km/h to mph or vice versa, but it is possible to convert a game save from another region to work in your region, and it brings that region's standard measurements with it. It also screws up the music good and proper.

(and ignore the above link, 'cos it's wrong. Click on the link in my signature regarding hybrids).

In the NTSC-to-PAL save it gives you the option of one single music track. By Ash. 25 times.

Since I never use any in-game music, it doesn't bother me.

Famine
In the NTSC-to-PAL save it gives you the option of one single music track. By Ash. 25 times.

Since I never use any in-game music, it doesn't bother me.

Yeah, that wouldn't bother me either... I like to hear the engine and tire noise so I have always left the BGM off...

;)

Why would you want to change it anyway? If Kmh is the measurment used where you live would'nt it feel natural seeing that? oh well it's your game.

Drifter_Dan
Why would you want to change it anyway? If Kmh is the measurment used where you live would'nt it feel natural seeing that? oh well it's your game.

In mainland Europe, kilometres and km/h are the norm. In Australia, kilometres and km/h are the norm. In the UK, miles and mph are the norm. However since the UK is in the PAL/Europe zone, we get stuck with the European measurements.

Similarly, in the USA miles and mph are the norm. In Canada, which gets the NTSC/North American version with miles and mph, kilometres and km/h are the norm.

Thus the measurements used in the game are NOT always the measurements used where one lives.

WhIteDrAgOn
hmmm i was able to change mine from mph too kmh, have u tried checkint the options

You changed your speedometer reading in Gran Turismo 3? How did you swing that. There is no option for it anywhere(though I think there should be)

Why would you want to change it anyway? If Kmh is the measurment used where you live would'nt it feel natural seeing that?

Wow that sounds lame. For a long time Brussels has been trying to make us go completely metric. Our imperial measurements were quite hard to understand. While metrics are much easier. But with speed there is no higher and lower measurements so people are still happy using it.
The miles to KM conversion is approximatley MPH divided by 5, multiplied by 8.
The only MPH-KM conversion I know off the top of my head is 100km=62mph.

RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
i weren't wut?
He even quoted you and you still don't get it.

You said you were able to convert from mph to kmh in the game.

The reply was no you weren't.

What part of that do you not understand?

ExigeExcel - I have a calculator next to my PS2/PC at all times. I know the 100=62 one but also know 200=124 and 250 is ~150

Ummmm wrong actually......

WhiteDragon said he was able to change speed.....

Ceiling fan said "no you weren't".......

RX-7_FC_DrIfteR had posted inbetween and assumed that Ceiling_fan was talking to him. RX-7_FC_DrIfteR is just confused (and so are the rest of you actually) so stop flaming him for something he didn't say.

WhiteDragon said "hmmm i was able to change mine from mph too kmh, have u tried checkint the options"

So there you go, confusion over. As was stated right at the start, the only way of changing the speed is with a x-port/shark port.

So there ;) :D

DQuaN
Ummmm wrong actually......

WhiteDragon said he was able to change speed.....

Ceiling fan said "no you weren't".......

RX-7_FC_DrIfteR had posted inbetween and assumed that Ceiling_fan was talking to him. RX-7_FC_DrIfteR is just confused (and so are the rest of you actually) so stop flaming him for something he didn't say.

WhiteDragon said "hmmm i was able to change mine from mph too kmh, have u tried checkint the options"

So there you go, confusion over. As was stated right at the start, the only way of changing the speed is with a x-port/shark port.

So there ;) :D
Whoops! rx& fc dRiFTEr confused me.

You beat me to it Nazgul :D

Tsk kids today know nothing do they :lol:?

It's a sad state of affairs the way the education system is sliding into terminal decline ... ZZzz, dribble ... huh! {startled} ... don't mention the war!

Well caught Deq - I didn't even look at the operators in the text; I just saw the numbers and went, yep, approximately correct ... :embarrassed: :dunce:

Back