Create your own track!

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 66 comments
Cribanox
I think it would be an AWSOME installment for GT5 to give a try, I would love to make my own track, maybe race with it online against others, who knows? 👍 :drool:

This is a good feature 💡 but completely out of the scope of the GT series. There are already a lot of things more important like a more complete physics model, damage model, etc.

Just my opinion. 👍

If they have some spare time after fixing what needs to be fixed and added more cars to the game I’m sure it’s going to be great to build your own tracks and share them!! 👍

i agree fix whats broken rather than adding to the problems.

i guess everyone heres to young to remember the good old days of "racing destruction set" where you could build your own tracks on the Commodore 64 and race them!

To be honest. I would like to add tracks that I can actually feasibly get to. Like VIR and Summit Point in West Virginia. Sure, a more "complete" physics model is certainly more important. But I'd so love to do tracks that I can drive.

Okay, Gran Turismo 5 will not LOSE anything if it DOESN'T add this feature...But it WILL be a NICE feature if it IS included...
This is would be a real good idea 💡 but I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't make it...:(

:bowdown:L28eT

i think you guys are ruling out the online aspect. i'm sure there will be a multitude of extra tracks and etc. availible for download at some point.

i just want there to be sprint tracks....ie., REAL rally tracks. circuits are for a full grid. if i have to race one guy, i want point to point, damn it.

Seriously, with the detail in the tracks, that would be so incredibly complicated. You'd probably wind up with two nice pretty tracks people made and a bunch of ugly unoriginal useless ones, like a spiral or just a straight with a wall at the end to crash into. Yay. Like Swift, I'd prefer that they accurately model a lot more real tracks like Road Atlanta and others. Ones that I've actually seen IRL/on TV. I love racing on the tracks I've seen in real life and comparing them. Nice idea, but like Zardoz says, it would be nigh impossible to implement.

Zardoz
Impossible to implement.

Next subject.

Not at all. Moto GP on PS1 had a great track creator. So does Tony Hawk's pro skater.

It could be done. I think the best way would be to figure out the type of track, weather and let the computer work out the scenery. We just work on the track details. That way there is less to mess with on our end.

I think it would be pretty feasible to allow people to set up their own autocross courses.
A less realistic option would be for the game to have a 10 block square of city which players could lay out their own course on.

You remember that complex string course in GT3? It would prolly look something like that, just track and grass. Plant and angle your own peices of road/track on the ground and go at it.

I just want one track added, the Willow Springs Int'l Raceway complex, including the high-speed GP track, Streets of Willow, Horse Thief Mile, and the Balcony.

No game I have seen have had a built in track editor that results in high quality tracks.

Also AI cars will not work on the made up tracks in GT.

The only way I reckon it would work is if they sold add-on packs for the future (if that is possible with a PS3 game).

I say do it right with 70 tracks and forget the track editor.

Point to point rally tracks and longer rally tracks would be cool as well as more F1 type tracks (even recent tracks if current tracks are licensed to someone else). 1 longer and 1 shorter oval would be nice too eg 2.5 mile and 0.8-1 mile.

I'd rather see more development go into actual game play. Besides, without making a generic looking track pieces, the editor along with the graphics would take up too much of the disk for my liking. Definatly space i'd rather see put towards more cars, and better graphics and AI. 👍

If it was to happen it would need to be a disk of its own with a free memory card. That is if the PS3 still uses mem cards.

I wouldn't be too keen on making tracks but I'd rather PD put more effort into making the graphics and AI better. Maybe in the future PD might release a special track making CD for the people that want to make tracks.

This is not going to happen whatsoever. The only chance of this happening is maybe if you are able to construct your own Autocross track. I never done Autocross, but the only chance of having the ability to create your own track is likely in Autocross. Autocross normally involves a certain number of cones scattered across a course. Each cone tells you what to do. For example, one colored cone would tell you to turn left, another color would tell you to turn right, while another series of cones means a slalom around the cones. To me, this is the only chance you'll be able to create your own track. I don't anticipate on seeing you have the ability to make your own track.

The only other possibility of track creation is if PD held a contest to people to create a totally fantasy course, either based on a real city (Seattle, Tokyo, Rome, Grindelwald, etc) or a completely fictional permanent or temporary road course. Maybe even an oval too. And then let's say PD is looking for three or four great designs. The winners have their tracks featured in Gran Turismo 5, much like the Best in Show winners at the Gran Turismo awards got their cars in GT4. Other than that, building a track takes a great deal of perfection, establishing braking points, pit road entry... it's a lot of work, and I know from being a forum participator on the PC game "Sports Car GT." It is not that easy no matter how hard you try.

The only other game to feature a track editing feature was Moto Racer 2. No matter how you tried to build a track, you had limits. A track had to be a certain left, have proper geometry in the course design, and the most number of laps you can do was 6. Then when you made a track, you could choose from five pre-determined scenery arrangements. So no course looks completely distinctive from another. There are two ways new tracks can be used: (1) downloadable add-on packages, and (2) if GT was available on PC.

Long story short: no.

I had Moto Racer 2 for the PSOne and the track editor was the best feature of the whole game. The easiest thing to do was to take an existing track and edit it how you wanted it. There was a limit on length, elevation, and rate of elevation. A track editor would really make my day, but it won't be the death of me. I'd rather have a more intelligent AI and more race series instead of rally and Special Condition events. A track editor is doable, but the question is whether or not KY wants it.

I dont see how it would be so hard to do, the track peices would just lock together, if they cant lock together than u gotta re think the design. I wouldnt suggested making it as in depth as putting in your own "brake now" signals, but rather just pick and choose from different peices of track and lay em out on a grassy plain. It cant be that difficult. Even if it is only choosing from nothing but straightaways and 90 degree corners.

I've been talking about this for quite a while. Glad you guys could create a thread about it ...

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely.

I don’t think that is so difficult to implement a Track Creator!
Imagine:
1- Draw the lines of the circuit viewing from the top;
2- Use a free camera to make the elevations of the track;
3- Select the type of the track (Asphalt, Dirt, Mud, Snow,etc.);
4- Place the pitlane, trees, houses, etc.
5- Press the OK button;

Processes 1 – 4 are done in a wire frame mode. 👍

Latest Posts

Back