JGTC S3 Pre-Season Challenge #1

JGTC S2 Pre-Season Challenge #1

jgtcs2preseason17ki.jpg

Competition Type : Arcade Mode, Time Trials
Deadline : March 26th @ 11:59PM EST
Track : Grand Valley East 3.00km
Car : ASL ARTA Garaiya '03
Power : 319hp Weight : 1125kg​

RULES : Standard Online Racing rules for clean racing apply at all times.

2 wheels on track at all times
Rumble strips are part of the track
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No cheating of any kind

SETTINGS

Driving Options

Transmission : Automatic or Manual
Driving Aids : None
Tires : RSH-RH-RM-RS-RSS

Quick Tune-Up

Power : 0% (Bone Stock)
Weight : 0% (Bone Stock)
Top Speed : Your choice
Driving Aids : None
Transmission : Automatic or Manual
Tyre Type : Racing
Front Tires : RSH-RH-RM-RS-RSS
Rear Tires : RSH-RH-RM-RS-RSS

TIME SENDING FORMAT

Challenge # :
Driver :
Controller (DFP/DS2) :

Car :
Power :
Weight :

Best Lap :
Sector Times :

* Drivers with no replay file must PM on GTP, the others with a replay should always use eatsviper4lunch@gmail.com *

Just so you all know. You can submit your times more than once & you can discuss your times here. A temporary standings will be updated each day with the new times received. The 3 challenges all end on Sunday March 26th @ 11:59PM EST. Important, if you have a replay device please take the time to save it and send it to me. I'm expecting submissions for those challenges from everyone.

Thanks alot guys and have fun. :)

JOB AVAILABLE : I need a PAL guy to check the replays for the challenges, if you're interested in the job please PM me.

will give all the challenges a good crack after i finish off WRS#48... oh yeah and i am a PAL user so i can check if you want... (too lazy to PM you) :P

so, the 4 guys who are test driving cars... will also have to send times for the challenges or only for the qualify? (race 3)

i tried to send that questionaire off to you before EV4L and that didn't work so if i host my replay somewhere for you to download, will that be sufficient enough for you to be able to verify my lap times???

put nearly 40 laps down for this time still another 0.2-0.3 in it but i may chase that extra time later on in the week, am very satisfied for now...

Best Splits
T1: 19.801
T2: 37.561

Gearing: 250kph
Tyres: RSS
Power: 319hp
Weight: 1125kg

Best Clean Splits:
T1: 19.788
T2: 37.928

Tires: RSS
Weight:1125kg

Neil

After having a very sucessful session in this car yesterday, I realized that I was on the full couse. Thats why my sector times looked funny when I went to compare them. :dunce:

I have figured all this out, and I'm not sure how much time is left in the car. I feel I have left a tenth or so on turn one, and two or so tenths on the right hander after the tunnel. I'll work on it later, and see if I can find the time that I really think is there. :)

Here are my current splits:

T1: 0'19.845
T2: 0'37.774

:)

Damn, I thought we were having a break between seasons! Don't know if I'll have time to run all 3 challenges in 1 week, but I'll try. I also don't think I have the Nissan in challenge 3 available, not sure, so I may have to run the Honda only even though I'm looking for a GT500 drive this season. I trust that won't exclude me from GT500 EV4L?

I also don't have my DFP here yet, it's still sitting with customs in Delhi, so I'll have to run these with the DS2, which means my times won't be representative of my true ability (I tend to be a fair bit slower with the DS2 usually)...just FYI.

Can all of you do me a favor during this Challenge?

Drive the Gariaya as you normally would and record your best time. Then, adjust the gearing to a very high top speed and run the car without ever exceeding 6500 or 7000 rpm, short-shifting it very early and using the tallest gear possible through the corners.

Note what happens to your lap times and post something here indicating whether you were faster, slower, how much faster, how much slower, etc.

I'd really appreciate hearing about the effects. To me this car is very mysterious with it's power band.

All this comes from observations of our friend and colleague over (actually under) at VTRacing.

Thanks in advance.

(Added note: If you run this car at a track where there is a rolling start, you'll see that before you get the "START" display, it will shift itself from 1st to 2nd gear at about 6750 rpm. This should have been an indicator to me about the odd power band when I began testing, but I didn't catch it.)

east
I'll give it a try tomorow.

how can you give it a try tomorrow when you are at the top of the splits in EV4L 2nd post?

Nuvolari
Can all of you do me a favor during this Challenge?

Drive the Gariaya as you normally would and record your best time. Then, adjust the gearing to a very high top speed and run the car without ever exceeding 6500 or 7000 rpm, short-shifting it very early and using the tallest gear possible through the corners.

Note what happens to your lap times and post something here indicating whether you were faster, slower, how much faster, how much slower, etc.

I'd really appreciate hearing about the effects. To me this car is very mysterious with it's power band.

All this comes from observations of our friend and colleague over (actually under) at VTRacing.

Thanks in advance.

(Added note: If you run this car at a track where there is a rolling start, you'll see that before you get the "START" display, it will shift itself from 1st to 2nd gear at about 6750 rpm. This should have been an indicator to me about the odd power band when I began testing, but I didn't catch it.)

i noticed this too, i found that dropping it back another gear to keep it in its power bacnd often helped me take a corner a little quicker, curse the Japanese and their damn rev happy narrow powerband cars... :P these things need an absolute whipping to go fast...

If my understanding of the rules is correct we can submit as many times as we like until the deadline, if not then i'll do it just for fun :)

oh no i didn't mean it, in that sense, what i meant was i didn't know whether you had had a crack at this challenge yet or not,

because you said you would have a go at this challenge tomorrow but the results post (post #2) already has you with some results (which would mean you had already had a go at this challenge) if you get what i mean...

i realise that we can submit as many times as we want in these challenges...

Oh ok, what I meant by my first post is that I will have a go at what Nuvolari said tomorow :) Well I actually got a chance to do it just now, I was a good 6 tenths faster than my current time on the leaderboard, here are my new times

T1 - 19.666
T2 - 37.402
Final Time - 1'00.698

I forget what top speed I used to do my other time, might have been 250KMH, I did this new time with my top speed set to 350KMH

30 minutes in...
Driver :Randymcchickenf
Controller (DFP/DS2) :ds2

Car :ASL ARTA Garaiya '03
Power :319hp
Weight :1125kg

Best Lap :1.00.991
Sector Times :19.687, 37.680

gearing was at 300, lost .1 in middle sector.

OK, had another go this afternoon (got lots of time to devote here, cos it's a bleeding rally on WRS this week:yuck: )

After a further 20 laps and some playing with the top-speed setting

T1: 19.531
T2: 37.535

Final time 1'00.842👍

Gearing: 340 kph
Controller: DFP

Uping the top speed setting, and shifting earlier works IMO, in this car. The 'power-band' is WAY down in the rev range, and using only 5 gears cuts down on 'slack-time' whilst shifting.

Neil

ejr_1
After having a very sucessful session in this car yesterday, I realized that I was on the full couse. Thats why my sector times looked funny when I went to compare them. :dunce:

I have figured all this out, and I'm not sure how much time is left in the car. I feel I have left a tenth or so on turn one, and two or so tenths on the right hander after the tunnel. I'll work on it later, and see if I can find the time that I really think is there. :)

Here are my current splits:

:)
I guess I will add my full lap time here too.

1'01.256

Boy that powerband is strange, ran 350 gears and shifted at 6500 RPM's as per Nuvo's suggestion. First clean lap
I see I have lots of work in front of me.

About 15 laps. Very unhappy, would have broken the minute mark but lost .2 on the last corner.

T1 - 19.544 (Saw a crazy .477)
T2 - 37.021
Final: 1'00.059

Casio
About 15 laps. Very unhappy, would have broken the minute mark but lost .2 on the last corner.

T1 - 19.544 (Saw a crazy .477)
T2 - 37.021
Final: 1'00.059

I'll get there, i will,i will, i will!

Nice splits and final there Brad, and there was me, thinking i was gonna get top time for at least a day.

Only .8 or so behind you. Either your running slow, or i'm goin quick for a change? (prob the former) :)

Neil

Whoa. Brad. No one ever calls me my actual name! Sounds kinda wierd :lol:

There really isn't that much more time in the lap. Maybe a 59.8/.7 is perfect.(Just till someone real fast proves me wrong..)

I have had the advantage of running about 200 laps this week on this exact track for the GT500 testing too. :lol:

Well, I could have called you 'Fast bugger, just infront of me!!!! What was your top-speed setting?''Share now or i'll cut out your heart with a wooden spoon!'

Neil

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to resort to violence! My top speed I think was 300, don't use 350, it's way to high. Shift at about....6750.

Is that all sir?

Yes thanks mate,

And congrats for not asking 'Why a wooden spoon?'

For those that don't know,

It's not very sharp, and then there's the splinters to deal with!
(Sorry British humour, see 'Blackadder' starring Rowan Atkinson)

Neil

Casio
Whoa. Brad. No one ever calls me my actual name! Sounds kinda wierd :lol:

There really isn't that much more time in the lap. Maybe a 59.8/.7 is perfect.(Just till someone real fast proves me wrong..)

I have had the advantage of running about 200 laps this week on this exact track for the GT500 testing too. :lol:

i reckon you are correct and that there won't be anymore than a 59.7 through there, and that will be a super clean lap...

EDIT: i will have to change my views on it now, i reckon a 59.4 is possible, if everything works just right

some fresh splits (had another 59.7, slower than this, but it was dirty)

T1: 19.472 (saw a diabolical 19.398, but stuffed it :( )
T2: 36.962 (saw a 36.853)
Finish: 59.733

would like to get a 59.5 or maybe even a 59.4, happy with splits for now, using 280 gearing if it helps anyone...

i used 350 and shifted early, my first attempt was using 300 but in auto...so i lost loads of time. Anyway final splits from me are..

damn, i must give this a go, didnt notice these warmup events, will be back in an hour or so with some t times

after 45 managed

night!

Back