How to drive from California to Sweden via Google Maps

Anybody remember the Mapquest route between two cities in Norway - about 150 miles apart - that involved taking the ferry to Scotland, driving down to Dover, into France via the Chunnel, then up through Benelux to Denmark, another ferry back to Norway, and then a couple hundred road miles to the destination?

Damn! why would you get out of the country if you're only going to another town? :dunce: My guess is that there were no roads connecting each other, so the only way to get there, is entering from outside the country.

Haha!

Anybody remember the Mapquest route between two cities in Norway - about 150 miles apart - that involved taking the ferry to Scotland, driving down to Dover, into France via the Chunnel, then up through Benelux to Denmark, another ferry back to Norway, and then a couple hundred road miles to the destination?

There was for Birmingham to Bristol avoiding the M5 motorway (which is the most direct route, and takes about 100 miles). It involved driving into Wales, across on a ferry to Ireland, down through Ireland, across on the ferry to France, up through France, across on the ferry to Plymouth and then back up to Bristol - covering well over a thousand miles.

There was for Birmingham to Bristol avoiding the M5 motorway (which is the most direct route, and takes about 100 miles). It involved driving into Wales, across on a ferry to Ireland, down through Ireland, across on the ferry to France, up through France, across on the ferry to Plymouth and then back up to Bristol - covering well over a thousand miles.
lmao! was that a Mapquest error, or is that the most efficient way to get there?!

Another thing that I was wondering was, one time that I hit expedia.com to book a flight from NY to Italy, one of the cheapest flights required you to make like 5 stops along the way, but that included: Sweden, Germany, England, Atlanta (US), and Spain! Now here's my question: If more fuel is needed to take you to your destination, why in hell is it cheaper?! :confused:

That was the RAC. They said it was a "glitch" and "obviously people should not go that way".

Another thing that I was wondering was, one time that I hit expedia.com to book a flight from NY to Italy, one of the cheapest flights required you to make like 5 stops along the way, but that included: Sweden, Germany, England, Atlanta (US), and Spain! Now here's my question: If more fuel is needed to take you to your destination, why in hell is it cheaper?! :confused:
If no one bought the seat then they are going to spend the same amount of fuel anayways so essentially it's not costing the airline anything.

Because at each of those 5 stops they can unload and reload more passengers, since not all of those passengers were headed to Italy, but were headed to the places in between. So, including the first load at NYC, they could carry 6 paid loads of passengers on the way to one final destination. Then they could do it again on the way back.

Isn't there a bridge connecting the two cities now? I thought I read something about it, though it may have been something else.
Edit: Yeah, it was something else. I was thinking of the Great Belt Bridge.

I think they showed that on top gear, or something similar...

Back