Ferrari Challenge not good enough?

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 61 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Take a look at what the "mighty" 10tacle is working on, then.

bigbannerferrarigh3.jpg

10TACLE STUDIOS and Blimey! Games Announce Next-Gen Racing Title Based on New License.

10TACLE STUDIOS' London branch, Blimey! Games, has started development on a next-gen racing title, utilising the official Ferrari license.

10TACLE STUDIOS AG have signed a license agreement for the development of video games with Ferrari, a world leader in automotive excellence. The concept and realisation will be done by 10T's London studio, Blimey! Games. The team who employs many of the talents behind the award winning games “GTR - FIA GT Racing Game”, “GT Legends” and the current racing reference “GTR 2 – FIA GT Racing Game” is now working on this all-new title focusing exclusively on Ferrari's finest automobiles throughout history.

"It is a tremendous opportunity to be able to develop a game under the Ferrari licence, the world's finest car manufacturer. I’m sure that our project will bring home the rich racing heritage and pedigree that has earned them a place in history and our dreams." says Ian Bell, CEO of Blimey! Games. "We will strive hard to create a product that honours the Ferrari brand and image of style, sophistication and raw speed."

"The Blimey! Games developers are one of the most talented team in this segment worldwide and of course we would like to support such a big brand with the best possible product quality. The attention to detail and thorough understanding of motorsport as evidenced by their previous work shows that we have definitely chosen the best team to distill the spirit of Ferrari into a racing experience which will be both deep and exhilarating." says Frank Holz, Marketing and Sales Director 10TACLE STUDIOS AG.

Kudos to BADNED @ FC.com.

It seems that we will finally be guaranteed super-realistic physics for those who are doubting Ferrari Challenge so far.

yeah... i was gonna make a thread on this, but i didnt think it was worth it YET. 1 of the physics programmers is Eero, so hopefully he will talk some sense into blimey.

THIS IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Honestly guys, I know this is a Gran Turismo board, but I must ask....with soooooo many excellent racing games coming out for the PC, why do you still care about Gran Tursimo?

Well as I said, eurogamer seem to think its coming to the 360, and its labelled as a next gen racer everywhere, so perhaps pointing to next gen consoles. Should be an awesome cross platform Ferrari battle!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have pre '90 F1 cars :D

I'd love to have a go at driving a ferrari f1 before they were awesome.

I can still hope :)

Wrote an email to Blimey! yesterday, hope I get an answer because their official website hasn't been updated.

Holy Moses!

That's better. This is definitely more what I had in mind for the Ferrari license.

Yet, if they have the License, how does the team making Ferrari Challenge have it as well?

;)

I wish people would put more effort into making their posts legible. I was about to take it into babblefish to translate, as it appears to be something other than English.

It seems he is saying the license for Ferrari Challenge, is the "Ferrari Challenge Series" license, and thus gives them the right to make a game about the series, it's tracks and cars.

The other License is the "Official Ferrari" license, and thus gives them the right to use every Ferrari ever made (unless it's a Ferrari Challenge specific car with official Livery and such).

It would initially seem that those who brought us GTR and GTR2 would be more interested in the "Ferrari Challenge" license, as they tend to focus on GT racing. However, I am glad they have gone the other route. Having the aforementioned developer work on the "Official Ferrari" game, I think, will yield far better results (and have a much wider variety of tracks), than their Xbox bound counterparts could have pulled off.

;)

I wonder if this game or sim is ever going to be released ?
It has been announced in 2006 and now in 2008, their website hasn't been updated since 29 october 2007, and it shows only 4 screenshots :ouch:.

EDIT: I'm downloading M3 Challenge, the free sim from Blimey!.

M3 challenge is a free game, based on the GTL engine. It's one car, different colours, and one track.

I was able to play it on this comuter: 2.8GHz P4, 2 gig RAM, AOpen board, XFX Nvidia 6200 AGP graphics card. The computer had problems with this game but it was playable.

Double post! ;)

Blimey! games
We know we’ve been quiet of late, but the news will start exploding soon on both Ferrari and Project Falcon. We’d really like to be showing you guys how cool it looks and tell you all about it, but as it’s going through a top tier publisher, we are fairly tied in what we can say.
Sounds good!

Quote is from March 21st, 2008.

:)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have pre '90 F1 cars :D

I'd love to have a go at driving a ferrari f1 before they were awesome.

I can still hope :)
They have a Ferrari F1 car or even more than one from the sixties.

Official information about from Ian Bell himself in an interview with AutoSimSport.:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3027165&postcount=408

Edit: Oops, double post again. :guilty:

Ian Bell said so himself. Read what it says in the red square.

Attachments

• 1 (Medium).jpg
    1 (Medium).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 53
Ian Bell says that Project Falcon has nothing to do with the Ferrari game. Which we knew already ;)

Any hope of this coming to the PS3? My computer isn't really good enough for any games really (solitare is about all it can manage!!).

Back