◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,476 comments
Quick question.
If a driver is listed as active/part time, which I am, should still I post on the thread that am not going to race on Sunday, or should I post when I am going to race? Just want to be sure.

Just in case, I will not be racing in this Sundays event. Hopefully next week I will.

February 23, 2014 lineup
banners by @jobyone

ROUND ONE
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01
(227HP / PP 434) (Racing Hard tires)
at Silverstone International (9 laps)

GTI_SilverInt_zps0adac500.png

photo by @KTR5

ROUND TWO
Lotus Elise Race Car '96
(182HP / PP 504) (Racing Hard tires)
at Fuji Speedway GT (6 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car
(520HP / PP 568) (Racing Hard tires)
at Nürburgring GP/F (5 laps)

R32TC_NurbGPF_zps0e966eed.jpg

photo by @shmibal_GT

Idea 1. I gotta say, all of that is covered in post 1 and 2.
Rally is correct, it is redundant.
all that has to be done is update the page 1 combo's as they become decided. by tue morn we know at least 1 (the one w fewest votes, and as things get decided post them in page 1. dont wait for all 3, change it as the info comes.

image.jpg

So today spent all day at the track ran a new PB 11.59 @ 127mph
Next track day ill be running in high 10s my rear breaks I found out there
Toasted no pad left so I couldn't stage/perload the car or get full boost out the
Hole. Next time ill get that elusive 10s pass, the picture was taken after my burn out
And the whole car went side wayz

SNAILs I have two ideas I would like to put out there for discussion.

For instance I would Recommend @Drgreenthumb977 :cheers:

Why I nominate him - Of all the fast racers I get to race with I feel none show the patience he does. He never tries to drive through me. He adjusts his speed and lines to mine until he is able to seize an opportunity to pass cleanly. I see him doing this with others as well. He is encouraging to others and is quick to try and stop negative behavior in rooms. He does not let the fact that English is not his first language be a barrier. Basically I think he is one hell of a SNAIL!

So those are my two ideas for the day. What do you all think?

Totally True! I second that motion!

HatTipCartoon.jpg

It's too bad that we won't see a Snail forum. It would really take this organization to the nextlevel.

Sifting through thousands of posts on a myriad of subjects in a single thread is about as inefficient as you can get. I don't see how it could be less efficient really.

V
SNAILs I have two ideas I would like to put out there for discussion.

Idea Number 1💡

1. With all the what is the combo where is this chatter going on what if we tried to use the TotP posts to have four icons that link to the most asked for info. I am currently working on this idea for the DTC series. Below are the rough icons that I am using for the moment. The links will be to the following:

1. The car will link to the sign up sheet to help people choose there lineup
2. The calendar will link to the details for the next event.
3. The gear will link to the detailed explanation of the series
4. The tracks will link to the current eligible tracks.

For SNAIL i would suggest these links:

1. Sign up - How to Join
2. Calendar - This weeks lineup
3. Gear - All about SNAIL Link page
4. Either OLR or Results

Obviously the icons would be designed for SANIL. If each of the main people that aim to grab the TotP had these icons/links they could add them to the post and then nearly every page would have a quick link to those important details.

Idea number 2💡

My second idea has to do with recognizing outstanding SNAILs. I feel it is time for us to have a SNAIL of the Month! We could have people post recommendations and then have a secret vote. The winer could have a quick Q&A session that could be posted in the thread. Perhaps there could be a small prize or some bonus Shells! I would suggest that only SNAILS that have been around for 1 year or SNAILs that are apart of team SNAILS could make the recommendations. Anyone could be nominated and every SNAIL would get a vote.

For instance I would Recommend @Drgreenthumb977 :cheers:

Why I nominate him - Of all the fast racers I get to race with I feel none show the patience he does. He never tries to drive through me. He adjusts his speed and lines to mine until he is able to seize an opportunity to pass cleanly. I see him doing this with others as well. He is encouraging to others and is quick to try and stop negative behavior in rooms. He does not let the fact that English is not his first language be a barrier. Basically I think he is one hell of a SNAIL!

So those are my two ideas for the day. What do you all think?
Very touching those words Jobyone thank you :bowdown::gtpflag:. You are a great driver on track and like you said I'll always respecting you on track like the others. I gotta say the West Cost division helped me a lot with my driving. :cheers::gtplanet: DrG

View attachment 118923

So today spent all day at the track ran a new PB 11.59 @ 127mph
Next track day ill be running in high 10s my rear breaks I found out there
Toasted no pad left so I couldn't stage/perload the car or get full boost out the
Hole. Next time ill get that elusive 10s pass, the picture was taken after my burn out
And the whole car went side wayz

Good luck and let us know when it happens! We want to see that golden 10 second ticket!

The Mrs and I did some cruising tonight and enjoyed the 50 degree evening.

Attachments

• IMG959430.jpg
    IMG959430.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 7
I have sent PSN Friend requests out to all new D6 drivers. Please accept them before 8:45 pm tonight to have access to the Friends Only D6 room. Qualification begins at 9:30 pm EST, once we are cleared to go.

Sent to:
@Hottracer88 - sent this am
@Josh Moss - sent this am
@sseyferth - done! Thanks!
@unitedstomper - sent about February 1st

As a backup, if the PSN gets wonky again, it would be wise to add several of the backup hosts (@ExoSphere64 @TEX36 @USERID_77a23 @Azure Flare just in case)

Back