◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

:eek::dunce::ouch:

I wonder who he pissed off. RIP DP

penguin.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love the penalty system in GTS, driving down the straight side by side, other driver sideswipes me, spinning himself on my car, I get negative SR and an in race 10 second penalty, like come on...
Yeah, iRacing is the same way though. You just have to put up with it and assume that the guy causing the penalties will end up having more of them over time than you do, so your rank will end up better.

Edit: I've had a good share of getting taken out/rammed/knocked into spinning traffic when the game first came out, but my SR is up to "S" now, mostly thanks to the N300 event...

It would be nice if they scrubbed the time penalties though. I've heard a lot of stories where people have been rear ended, they get the time penalty, and the one behind didn't....
Yeah, maybe not having voice chat is a good thing.

It would be nice if they scrubbed the time penalties though. I've heard a lot of stories where people have been rear ended, they get the time penalty, and the one behind didn't....
Yeah, maybe not having voice chat is a good thing.

It does not make sense for a driver to be penalized if they were not the aggressor. The system should be that only the aggressor gets the penalty, not the person receiving the aggression.

It does not make sense for a driver to be penalized if they were not the aggressor. The system should be that only the aggressor gets the penalty, not the person receiving the aggression.
It might be hard for the penalty system to tell who the aggressor is. With rear ending the person in front could of braked earlier into a corner than normal intentionally to get someone to hit them and get a penalty/ make them spin out/ take the corner ****ed up

It's all in the algorithm. It's hard with some solid AI that isn't around yet to get a game to know intent. Being its not around yet, it's nigh impossible for the game to know.
As the complaints come in, I imagine it will get better. And honestly I am not opposed to the point penalty for contact. It's everyone's job to be aware of their surroundings, regardless of fault. It's the time penalty that needs to go.

I haven't seen a S.N.A.I.L. room up in GT Sport. What about the time trial for group placing? I'll be on tonight from about 10pm-12am. and possibly some during the day.

It's all in the algorithm. It's hard with some solid AI that isn't around yet to get a game to know intent. Being its not around yet, it's nigh impossible for the game to know.
As the complaints come in, I imagine it will get better. And honestly I am not opposed to the point penalty for contact. It's everyone's job to be aware of their surroundings, regardless of fault. It's the time penalty that needs to go.

In my opinion I think the point penalty is okay. That said, the contact must be one that really affects the car ex: costing the driver position, etc.. Minor contact is bound to happen at times. Minor contact happens in real racing and doesn't result into a point penalty. That doesn't mean minor contact should happen by the same person most of the time to the same driver.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...g-prohibited-racing-update-poll-added.361999/

Cast your vote and hopefully it'll grab the attention of the higher ups

I casted my vote and voted yes. A tuning prohibited race would be nice. I thought of a few ideas. The tuning prohibited race could be one of the races every Sunday night or possible one Sunday every month where all three races are tune prohibited. Prohibited tuning throws a mix into the situation, so things aren't always the same type of stock racing. People can tune their vehicle the way they want. One can add whatever tires he or she wishes. I done chose to not have the max time let that be the driver's choice to make. There can be braking upgrades and adjustments. As mentioned earlier one can add more horse power, decrease the vehicle's weight. A driver can also adjust the suspension. I think this would make for interesting racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. The wire ear piece that comes with the PS4 doesn't plug into my T-150. Is there another way I can still used the ear piece or must I purchase a wireless ear piece? If I need to purchase one does anyone have any information one which I should purchase?

Ok I’ve been playing GTS for 5hours and having a lot of trouble, I’m leaning on buying G29 with Playseat Evolution. Am I making mistake not considering Thrustmaster and I don’t have time to build custom rig. Any advice would be appreciated here or in pm.

The T300 allows you to adjust the steering radius while in game. For example , The kart races default to 270 degrees so the steering is extremely sensitive. It made the kart almost undrivable in my opinion but i was easily able to set the radius to 900 degrees and made it much more manageable. You may see some "emersion extremists" that disagree with that approach, but it worked for me.

I dont know for a fact, but I heard that the G29 does not have that option

I have a question. The wire ear piece that comes with the PS4 doesn't plug into my T-150. Is there another way I can still used the ear piece or must I purchase a wireless ear piece? If I need to purchase one does anyone have any information one which I should purchase?

I've never heard of plugging an earpiece into the wheel. From my experience it usually gets plugged into the PS4. What type of adapter is at the end of the ear piece? IF usb try plugging it into one of the USB ports on the game console itself.

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

:eek::dunce::ouch:

I wonder who he pissed off. RIP DP

penguin.jpg

Anyone knows Penguin CPR?

Skipper-needs-CPR-penguins-of-madagascar-23791565-480-320.png

anyone? ANY ONE?

ok then
keep-calm-and-kill-the-penguin.png

It plugs into the controller. Kinda of odd.. but have not bought a new headset my self.. so having the controller in between my legs so I could hear the other Snails in party chat.. not the best set up.. but it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be hard for the penalty system to tell who the aggressor is. With rear ending the person in front could of braked earlier into a corner than normal intentionally to get someone to hit them and get a penalty/ make them spin out/ take the corner ****ed up

True. The problem with the way the system is set up is that there is clearly a formula that ATTEMPTS to be decisive about fault, when in reality the following driver is ALWAYS at fault, regardess of how "early" the leading driver braked. Be it in a sim game or real life, the leading driver has the right to enter a turn however they choose to. It is the responsibility of the chasing driver to know his opponent and their weaknesses. GT programming has for a long time assigned blame to the slower driver and IMO this just isn't the proper mentality to follow in writing code. Furthermore it justifies the contact made by the following driver and further exacerbates the "positional rights" problem, making racecraft issues even worse.

The T300 allows you to adjust the steering radius while in game. For example , The kart races default to 270 degrees so the steering is extremely sensitive. It made the kart almost undrivable in my opinion but i was easily able to set the radius to 900 degrees and made it much more manageable. You may see some "emersion extremists" that disagree with that approach, but it worked for me.

WARNING: IMMERSION EXTREMIST POST TO FOLLOW! ! !

Haha! In truth, it did make me smile because a real kart probably has no more than 110* total steering rotation. Now, in your defense (and I haven't played the game so I don't know for certain) I'm guessing maybe things just aren't quite right with the steering senstivity in the kart? Maybe it is in fact is too sensitive? I don't know, but I can tell you though that a proper race kart is in fact VERY sensitive to steering inputs and they do not require much at all. I can certainly understand the desire to ease up on things in an effort to actually enjoy the game however

Here's my very first time in a TAG kart (125cc single speed water cooled). Watch how little steering I was inputing and how easily it got the kart out of shape.

It plugs into the controller. Kinda of odd.. but have not bought a new headset my self.. so having the controller in between my legs so I could hear the other Snails in party chat.. not the best set up.. but it works.

Perhaps a dumb question, but why do you need a new headset for the PS4? (providing your old headset is not broken)

Perhaps a dumb question, but why do you need a new headset for the PS4? (providing your old headset is not broken)
Your headset should work with the PS4. I don't know of any that haven't, my Turtle Beach is just fine with it.

Your headset should work with the PS4. I don't know of any that haven't, my Turtle Beach is just fine with it.

From what i seen on youtube videos, you can connect any brand headset to the PS4 Controller because the connection is 3.5MM. Should be able to hear through the headphones once the setting for headphone audio is switched from chat only to all audio in the settings on the PS4.

I dont know for a fact, but I heard that the G29 does not have that option

I've never heard of plugging an earpiece into the wheel. From my experience it usually gets plugged into the PS4. What type of adapter is at the end of the ear piece? IF usb try plugging it into one of the USB ports on the game console itself.

The plug in is a male end, it's the one that comes with the PS4. I just purchased a Thrustmaster T-150. The steering wheel is a little smaller. The bottom rubber pieces on the pedals slide on the carpet. The grip is awful, so I just finished hot clubbing rubber spikes from a car mat onto the rubber pieces. Hopefully that will stop the base from sliding away.

well.... thought of this before.... mine is about 3.5 years old.. but have not been able to sync it to the PS4 at all. . will try again.
Any special sequence to search for bluetooth connections. I will try with my bluetooth keyboard as well.
Works just fine in the PS3.

Mine is not wired. Only bluetooth

No spoiler, but just a comment on the Formula 1 qualifying. The pole position lap time is 1:33.1xx (132 mph avg) and when I ran there in 2016, my best lap was 2:54.800. That is absolutely bonkers.

They are a couple seconds faster than they were at the inaugural race. I want to say F1 cars are something like half a minute faster than DP's. A lot of that time is in T3-6

Plug it into the controller

Anyone knows Penguin CPR?

Skipper-needs-CPR-penguins-of-madagascar-23791565-480-320.png

anyone? ANY ONE?

ok then
keep-calm-and-kill-the-penguin.png
I don't know why he's banned, but I'm sure he loving all the love!

I hear the DP saga has turned another corner.
Banned!!!
From all of GTPlanet?
Although I blocked him months ago and have distanced myself from his drama, I am super curious as to what kind of poo poo he did to warrant a full ban? Not that I am surprised, not with all the burning bridges he left in his wake. Never in my life have I come across a guy like him. I don't dislike the guy, he comes across as semi normal when talking.....but, no matter how much he asked for help and guidance, Aerolite and I had to give up, he just doesn't get it. It used to be fun to rag him, but the line was getting close to being crossed into bullying. I may be a dik sometimes, but I am not a bully.

On another happier note, depending on how attendance is for our Snail sponsored LOBANARO LOUNGE with PCars2 this Monday night, we may start recruiting new Snail drivers next week. Keep posted to this channel for more details.

I hear the DP saga has turned another corner.
Banned!!!
From all of GTPlanet?
Although I blocked him months ago and have distanced myself from his drama, I am super curious as to what kind of poo poo he did to warrant a full ban? Not that I am surprised, not with all the burning bridges he left in his wake. Never in my life have I come across a guy like him. I don't dislike the guy, he comes across as semi normal when talking.....but, no matter how much he asked for help and guidance, Aerolite and I had to give up, he just doesn't get it. It used to be fun to rag him, but the line was getting close to being crossed into bullying. I may be a dik sometimes, but I am not a bully.

On another happier note, depending on how attendance is for our Snail sponsored LOBANARO LOUNGE with PCars2 this Monday night, we may start recruiting new Snail drivers next week. Keep posted to this channel for more details.
I kinda feel bad for the Chilly Willy. He really enjoyed GTPlanet. Oh well, we all have a code of conduct to adhere to.

Last edited:
Back