◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,809 comments
I have read the first post and would like to join. Will there be races over the holiday weekends?

@BassMaestro

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

The Samba Bus

Samba plain.jpg

ATTENTION SNAILS!

By now all off you know the Samba Bus has been released. It's a steal at a measily Cr75,000!

Let's have a friendly Livery Competition with it. Let's see what creations we can come up with! Hold-off posting your designs, you don't want your competitor to steal your idea.

Let's all post our creations next Friday (12/29/17). Winner will be the post with the most likes by Sunday

There is now a tuning prohibiting option when creating a lobby. Still no qualifying option unfortunately.

As for HP and weight; HP can be set to a max limit; however weight is also set to a max limit, meaning you can reduce the weight of your car and still enter a tuning prohibiting lobby. That and brake balance is still unlocked.

Lighter=faster, right? Granted, you can identify someone running lighter by selecting "member list" at the top of the lobby page but, WTF pd?!

It could just be a typo. I found one in GT League. I forgot which event it was but the description says only for non-race cars costing more than 10 million credits. This is obviously wrong as there are no cars that cost more than 10 million credits and the eligible car list is very extensive.

Did you attempt to enter a lobby set to tuning prohibited with a car that had weight reduced? Does the tuning prohibited option work alongside the BoP option? Meaning, can you have them both activated at the same time?

Merry Christmas my Friend.
Search Tags 1. snail 2. racingchamp30 3. livery
alternative. Add me as FR and shall see it on activity board.

I think it came out OMG WoW! :bowdown::bowdown: but let me know if any elements need changing :nervous:

20171222022349 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171222022359 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171222022408 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171222022417 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171222022427 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171222022436 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@Wolfsatz No changes to be done at all, wonderful job my friend. I will use the livery once i start racing Christmas night. Merry Christmas to you as well. For you to take the time to do all these liveries and a way to show appreciation to you is me to use them. :cheers:

It could just be a typo. I found one in GT League. I forgot which event it was but the description says only for non-race cars costing more than 10 million credits. This is obviously wrong as there are no cars that cost more than 10 million credits and the eligible car list is very extensive.

Did you attempt to enter a lobby set to tuning prohibited with a car that had weight reduced? Does the tuning prohibited option work alongside the BoP option? Meaning, can you have them both activated at the same time?
Yes , I tested and am able to run both tuning prohibitive and BOP concurrently. When doing so It locks everything down except brake bias.

When running TP without BOP on I am able to reduce the weight of the car and still able to enter the course, however if I raise the weight , I am not.

You may lower HP and enter as well but raising it over the max settings won't let you to enter when using TP

You can still identify someone with reduced weight by clicking on "member list" on the top of the lobby page. It's an added step and can be missed if someone is not aware or looking for that.

We will just have to wait and see what the BOD decides. Since we will surely get many opinions on this , let me be the first to say I would much rather run full power than not, however fully understanding why we may continue with BOP.

Yes , I tested and am able to run both tuning prohibitive and BOP concurrently. When doing so It locks everything down except brake bias.

When running TP without BOP on I am able to reduce the weight of the car and still able to enter the course, however if I raise the weight , I am not.

You may lower HP and enter as well but raising it over the max settings won't let you to enter when using TP

Thanks Tom. BoP and tuning prohibited together give us what we had in GT6 just at the BoP HP and weight. It would be nice to run at stock but I think it would be nicer to know that everyone is running the same setup (sans brake bias).

Thanks Tom. BoP and tuning prohibited together give us what we had in GT6 just at the BoP HP and weight. It would be nice to run at stock but I think it would be nicer to know that everyone is running the same setup (sans brake bias).
Definitely would be nice to not have to check people as they enter the track. IMO Automated assurance no one is running lite is worth running at BoP settings instead of stock settings.

Hope folks will consider the Holiday Race on Saturday night.
Ran simulated races today.

Quite the challenges with the three very different car & track combinations.

Holiday event details and sign-up page here:

December 23, 2017 Holiday Event

See Live Results Here
Goals:
  • have fun.
  • pick your rival and try to beat him. We're not "equalizing" performance.
  • If you want to team up with someone, we can make some team points and you can coordinate liveries....
  • there will be a pitstop or two - sometimes your rival screws up his strategy and then you have bragging rights...:lol:
  • first come first serve. (teams get priority)
  • if room fills up quickly, then someone can open a second room. Hopefully there will be enough info here to set up the rooms correctly.
  • @SAMHAIN85 will keep score
Format:
Three races of 25 minutes each
Standard SNAIL settings, except where stated otherwise below

Race 1: (These cars are not eligible for Sunday night SNAIL Racing)
Gr B / Gr 3 Road Cars (Class N500) : Lap times varied from mid 2:15 to 2:20 ish
Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.B ROAD CAR
Subaru WRX GR.B ROAD CAR
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
Chevrolet CORVETTE C7 Gr.3 ROAD CAR
Ford MUSTANG Gr.3 ROAD CAR
Mazda ATENZA Gr.3 ROAD CAR
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car (N500)​

Track: Auto Drome Lago Maggiore - GP 04:50 Clear

Qualify as per SNAIL procedure
BOP is on
Max tire is SS, Min tire SH (you can choose what you want)
Tire wear and fuel consumption set at 3 times
Fuel starting level is at 60 Liters​

Race 2: (Reverse Grid) (lap times around 1:34 should be ok)
Gr.B Rally Cars (Set all to default - Gentleman's agreement)
AUDI SPORT QUATTRO SI PIKES PEAK 1987
FORD FOCUS GR.B RALLY CAR
FORD MUSTANG GR.B RALLY CAR
HONDA NSX GR.B RALLY CAR
HYUNDAI GENESIS GR.B RALLY CAR
MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.B RALLY CAR
NISSAN GT-R GR.B RALLY CAR
PEUGEOT RCZ GR.B RALLY CAR
SUBARU WRX GR.B RALLY CAR
TOYOTA 86 GR.B RALLY CAR​

Track: Colorado Springs - Lake 13:10 Clear

By default there is no tire wear or fuel consumed, so there won't be a pit stop
There is no BOP option, so Gentleman's agreement default settings​

Race 3 (Reverse Grid) Laptimes will dip below 1:20 (Fastn yer bra straps and remove yer false teeth.... this is going to be faaaast!!!)

Gr.1 Race Cars (BOP on) (No VGT cars)
AUDI R18 TDI AUDI SPORT TEAM JOEST 2011
NISSAN GT-R LM NISMO 2015
PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL 2010
PORSCHE 919 HYBRID PORSCHE TEAM 2016
TOYOTA TS030 HYBRID 2012
TOYOTA TS050 HYBRID TOYOTA GAZOO RACING 2016​
Track: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa 19:30 Clear

Max tire is Racing Super Soft, Min tire RH (you can choose what you want)
Tire wear and fuel consumption set at 3 times
Fuel starting level is at Default (Full tank)​

If @Wolfsatz doesnt have a Holiday practice lobby open by 9pm est, I'll make one

IMG_4112.JPG
@Wolfsatz I will be looking to taking a picture of my desktop but i did set one of the pictures as my desktop background, very much appreciated for what you done with the livery for me. I'm not that creative but will try things out once i start playing.

Edit: @Wolfsatz Taken with an old digital camera but wanted to show i put that one up as my desktop background for my computer.

Last edited:
@Wolfsatz I will be looking to taking a picture of my desktop but i did set one of the pictures as my desktop background, very much appreciated for what you done with the livery for me. I'm not that creative but will try things out once i start playing.

You are welcome. Glad you liked it. Not that hard if you have the patience. Getting use to the controls if probably the hardest part; and getting a lot of decal downloaded to make it more interesting.

Back