◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,475 comments
Hello SNAIL. I’ve read the first post and I’d like to join. I’ve been playing Gran Turismo since PS1. I’ve seen info about SNAIL before on the internet but I never knew it was this big. My friends encouraged me to join.
@Beck7

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Scores for 6/23 copied to data.

June 23rd Standings.png

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 23, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize B
  3. Rasta_Senpai ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. DUB-L-DEE --------- did not submit a vote
  10. Wareaglewar1968 --- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. yuhboiari --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Ineligible for Prize)
  2. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize A
  3. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Ineligible for Prize)
  4. Kakalaylay -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Ineligible for Prize)
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize C
  8. SlimReaper1974 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. es_danny868 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
  12. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V (SS) at Alsace Village - S09 Early Morning (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Fudman420 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (SM) at Trial Mountain Circuit - S01 Early Morning (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Chiochansan so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
View media item 2540
Race Date: 23 June 2024
Currently tracking 7 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

I had Hosting duties on my mind but I did manage to have great racing with just about everybody in D1 this past Sunday. As usual, I'm sharing pictures of things I saw out there.

I saw a great 10-car grid to start the night on a fantastic first combo.
SHARE_20240625_0151020.jpeg

I saw this race marshal not doing his job, wondering where he misplaced his yellow flag when @wareagle68 slipped up in race #1.
SHARE_20240625_0151041.jpeg

I saw this helicopter flying way too low at times when exiting the tunnel at Dragontrail.
SHARE_20240625_0151052.jpeg

I saw @Kgffy give @Dragonwhisky a dose of that awful burnt rubber smell.
SHARE_20240625_0151073.jpeg

I saw this photographer perfectly placed on this rock to catch the action between @Salty Toloom and I.
SHARE_20240625_0151370.jpeg

I saw @DublDee , @A_Higher_Place and @Nicktune have some intense battles at Trial Mountain
SHARE_20240625_0151381.jpeg

This 3rd combo was different. Somebody in the chat mention that it might have sounded like a bunch of mosquitoes flying by but these fans seemed to enjoy it.
SHARE_20240625_0151392.jpeg

I think everybody got their car squirly at some point. I saw what I believe to be @Kgffy blowing this lefthander. (Must be a hard combo for a controller driver)
SHARE_20240625_0151413.jpeg

Finally, I saw myself accidently squeeze @Nicktune off the track a bit on evening's last race. Nick did recover and went on to win this race.
SHARE_20240625_0152081.jpeg
See you at the Car-Show.

I had Hosting duties on my mind but I did manage to have great racing with just about everybody in D1 this past Sunday. As usual, I'm sharing pictures of things I saw out there.

I saw a great 10-car grid to start the night on a fantastic first combo.
View attachment 1367598

I saw this race marshal not doing his job, wondering where he misplaced his yellow flag when @wareagle68 slipped up in race #1.
View attachment 1367599

I saw this helicopter flying way too low at times when exiting the tunnel at Dragontrail.
View attachment 1367600

I saw @Kgffy give @Dragonwhisky a dose of that awful burnt rubber smell.
View attachment 1367602

I saw this photographer perfectly placed on this rock to catch the action between @Salty Toloom and I.
View attachment 1367603

I saw @DublDee , @A_Higher_Place and @Nicktune have some intense battles at Trial Mountain
View attachment 1367604

This 3rd combo was different. Somebody in the chat mention that it might have sounded like a bunch of mosquitoes flying by but these fans seemed to enjoy it.
View attachment 1367605

I think everybody got their car squirly at some point. I saw what I believe to be @Kgffy blowing this lefthander. (Must be a hard combo for a controller driver)
View attachment 1367606

Finally, I saw myself accidently squeeze @Nicktune off the track a bit on evening's last race. Nick did recover and went on to win this race.
View attachment 1367607 See you at the Car-Show.
Great flow of the photos and the descriptions . Really interesting like a intro movie as you scroll down, all the action packed highlights

The stewards have completed the necessary reviews and this week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
Prize winners have changed, and are cleared to make their selection, as follows:

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V (SS) at Alsace Village - S09 Early Morning (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Fudman420 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (SM) at Trial Mountain Circuit - S01 Early Morning (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Salty Toloom gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Chiochansan so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.​

Prize winners will be included in a conversation shortly.

Last edited:
Back