• 149,534 comments
I had no idea I was doing so well :dopey:
I'll have to start committing a little more to practicing and showing up lol

But I'm starting college in two weeks :scared:
Talk about close
Da_Panda_Bear 230
jobyone71 229
lifesagamble420 227

If only I had not gotten that penalty for unsafe re-entry;)

I wish we could have all gone head to head every week.

And you are allowed to have fun while in college;)

Hey guys I was thinking of buying a headset and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them as to which ones were good? Also was looking at a buttkicker as my new race seat has a spot for one. Anyone use one? If so would you recommend one or is it a waste of money?

I have used the Bluetooth/Sony and one of the other brands from BestBuy, both have worked for me.

No opinion on a seat, yet.

I do have 'ambivalent' as my kindest thoughts on HSR/Rev combo.

Maybe "Whoa, Nelly!" But that is still TBD.

Back to practice.

Hey guys I was thinking of buying a headset and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them as to which ones were good? Also was looking at a buttkicker as my new race seat has a spot for one. Anyone use one? If so would you recommend one or is it a waste of money?
Here are some responses I got when I asked the question.

I use the big Sony one. It's wireless (bluetooth with dongle) so I can move around without worry of hanging myself on something. The sound is good and the range lets me get almost all the way across the house without missing out on the conversation. They are very comfortable. Some smaller ones make my ears hurt after a while, but these do get a bit hot. They will play all sound (game and voice) through the headset, so I don't bother the wife much when I'm playing. The mix of game to voice volume is adjustable, as well. They also work with my computer which is a nice bonus. They are typically under or very near $100.
Check my forum Sig for a decent logitech headset, under $200.00 I think. Bought a set for my son last Christmas and wife bought mine with the rest of my gt5 gear. Since I haven't had a ps3 very long and have had no other wireless headsets to compare it to my review might not be the best to base a decision on. It works. Mic muting is accomplished by button or boom rotation. Volume controls are easy to find and as far as gt5 goes, one will control game environment sounds while the Mic volume will control received voice comms. As for range, my home is 1400sqft with a basement and garage under it and I haven't gone anywhere in the house yet where signal was lost. Bluetooth transceiver is also the charger so not dependent on ps3 being powered up to charge. Initial charge is lengthy but set lasts about 4-5 hours and subsequent charge time are much less than initial. Speaker pods rotate so you can lay them flat on horizontal surface or take up less room on a wall hook.

This is the headset I use: Turlte Beach PX5.
IMG_0478.jpg

In my opinion , this is the best headset , for the money ($229.00) , that you can buy. If your willing to drop the cash , you'll be very happy!
I ended up getting the sony Wireless PS3 headset $80 at best buy. Been very happy so for. Only thing is it does use one of the usb ports so I had to buy a hub and you still need a cable to charge it. But I love that it is wireless. Means I can still here what is going on when I take a quick break.

hillracing

I was using the Sony wireless headset, best part about it was the wireless. Seemed to induce some extraneous clicks and pops for others in the lounges. Have switched to a Turtle Beach headset, no more pops and clicks and the sound is much better than the old headset. Downside is it's wired and uses the optical output from the ps3 so if you're hooked up to an amp wiring can be a pain.

Buttkicker, buy one you won't be disapppointed. I have the 300 watt version and when I hit stuff it will feels like I hit stuff :) Some of the cars will actually make you feel like you're sitting in an idling race car 👍 And when racing running over the rumble strips vibrate the seat. You could even go one step further and have a left and right channel buttkicker so the rumbling comes from the correct side of the seat :) Even I think that's overkill :lol:

hillracing

I've been researching the heck out of headsets lately. I'm thinking about getting the Turtle Beach Call Of Duty X–Ray wireless. It's about $189 but you get some really good features for the money. Dual Band wireless, 5.1, and the battery lasts over 14 hours.

ZZII would of been sweet to see. It's sendable, so maybe we can use it sometime. ;) hint hint. S7 also another one I'd love to see used.

I so agree with the ZZII. It is one of the best cars in the game. I believe if we had a car like this and some TC, RM models, we would have a very hard time figuring out what combo to drop.

I guess some guys just don't know how to pick cars and combos..:yuck:

I so agree with the ZZII. It is one of the best cars in the game. I believe if we had a car like this and some TC, RM models, we would have a very hard time figuring out what combo to drop.

I guess some guys just don't know how to pick cars and combos..:yuck:
Is that aimed at anyone in particular?;)

Last edited:
Got my wheels under me... Most of the time!

Starts are... Interesting... As are the two turns after the tunnel, but that aside, I think there will be several interesting 'groups' in the races who manage some close (and hopefully respectful/clean!) finishes.

Thanks to Luv2Coach, Skills, TEX, Iroquois, and Dangerzone, for dropping by for a few.

ZERO and Others -

I've got friend looking to sign up and run with us. He is pretty new to forums so I got him signed up on GTP his ID is BCRacing1. As well if you can send him the D1 request for practice sessions (PSN - BC_Racing1 ) thank you all. I'd imagine he will be brining another with him in a few weeks when he sees how's awesome this group is and the racing we get.

Okay, just sent a D1 FR to Brian. Thanks for spreading the word about S.N.A.I.L. :D

Can you please ask him to make a post on the thread so that I can reply to him with our our rules and time trial process? :)

Brian is a good guy and races dirt cars in real life. He has noted to many that GT5 on the wheel has improved his real racing. He is ready to get into a more serious racing group so he can improve his Racecraft. Which he wins often on dirt. So with this great group I for see him kicking some major rear in his real world racing. :)

Thanks guys. Excited to see the skill set learned here carry over for him.

A real dirt racer, eh? Sounds like he and Bowler will have some things to chat about. ;)

The 7.1 is virtual. I have the original Sony 7.1 headset and the virtual is enhanced but definitely nothing like 5.1 where you would be able to hear people walking up behind you. Everything I've read says to go with Dolby Digital 5.1 if you want real surround sound.

Hey everyone, just got a message from Goat that his internet is really iffy right now. Is there any one with a good connection who can host and run the Red Room tonight?

JoeW, are you 👍 for the Blue Room?

Hey everyone, just got a message from Goat that his internet is really iffy right now. Is there any one with a good connection who can host and run the Blue Room tonight?

Sign me up.

What is the PP on the TVR after oil change?

AMWeaver47
We needed a better team. I didn't do anyone any justice in that car. It was fun anyway, thanks for making a room.

Maybe if some1 explain what is the cat and mouse event maybe i would rejoin!!

Triton Pro's or their new ones. Real 5.1 surround. So the cars sounds are correctly located. I can not stand using the 720's which are simulated surround. For they need four speakers in each ear piece. The real surround sound headsets allow you to hear cars at all corners. Helps to judge when clear. When one is beside or back corner. Coming from a pretty good theater set up I could not use the faux surround. Cars just had no position for me.

LINK-
http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/proplus.asp

As for buttkicker. Wouldn't want to race with out it. If you can do one of the bigger ones. No regrets.

If you don't mind building your own stuff aurora shakers are way better then the gamer 2 so I've heard. I use a gamer 2. Grab a sub amp and one of those aurora's You be shaking it up!

The buttkicker IMO is adds immersion only rivaled by the wheel. Buttkicker better then triples. ;)

Edit: hill try these links for a shaker set up

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=299-028

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/subwoofer-plate-amplifiers/332

Zero, he is supposed to respond in the thread shortly. ;) thank you much.

Last edited:
Sign me up.

What is the PP on the TVR after oil change?

Thanks Wolfsatz! Please PM me the room # about 15 minutes before practice starts. Also, please be sure to set it for 16 drivers. 👍

As for the TVR, mine only went up 3 PP after oil change (I forget the final number though). I guess when the PP is that high, there's a diminishing return on fresh oil. :)

I use the Afterglow. Absolutely love it! There is nothing I wished it did, that it doesn't do.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009CL6LA6/?tag=gtplanet-20

Screen+Shot+2012-06-08+at+10.45.23+AM.png

Best pic I could find; didn't think ya'll would mind the added scenery.

zer05ive
Thanks Wolfsatz! Please PM me the room # about 15 minutes before practice starts. Also, please be sure to set it for 16 drivers. 👍

As for the TVR, mine only went up 3 PP after oil change (I forget the final number though). I guess when the PP is that high, there's a diminishing return on fresh oil. :)

Mine is 640 PP with 837HP, but i already had it and not from the OCD.

Triton Pro's or their new ones. Real 5.1 surround. So the cars sounds are correctly located. I can not stand using the 720's which are simulated surround. For they need three speakers in each ear piece minimal. The real surround sound headsets allow you to hear cars at all corners. Helps to judge when clear. When one is beside or back corner. Coming from a pretty good theater set up I could not use the faux surround. Cars just had no position for me.

As for buttkicker. Wouldn't want to race with out it. If you can do one of the bigger ones. No regrets.

If you don't mind building your own stuff aurora shakers are way better the tue gamer 2 so I've heard. I use a gamer 2. Grab a sub amp and one of those aurora's You be shaking it up!

The buttkicker IMO is adds immersion only rivaled by the wheel. Buttkicker better then triples. ;)

Edit: hill try these links for a shaker set up

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=299-028

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/subwoofer-plate-amplifiers/332

Zero, he is supposed to respond in the thread shortly. ;) thank you much.

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'm getting the tritons.

I hope to be on for racing tonight. Whole family has been sick since Dec 23. Crappy.

Had to work outside sat/sun/mon while sick 10hrs each day. So still not recovered but I kinda want to sit behind the wheel a bit tonight with my homies. Haven't driven since the anniversary event.

Got my son a new RC car for Xmas and we spent some time at the track today so I'm a little drained but hopefully ready to drive in the back for a bit.

I agree with true dolby, don't go with the virtual. as for the differences between 5.1 and 7.1. 5.1 is a 5 speaker setup and 7.1 is, well, 7 speakers. BTW, there is also 6.1. basically a 5.1 system with an added rear center channel.
I say buck up and get the true 7.1 dolby surround. however, even a 5.1 true dolby is way better then virtual or stereo. I mean, look at it like this, would you rather drive a yugo, a yugo with racing strips and an exhaust, or a lambo?

Back