◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,533 comments
Hey guys. I would like to join your series if possible. Thanks. Have a good day.

Hi DBUCKEYES,

Thanks for your interest! Go Buckeyes (as long as they are not playing an SEC team)! We are always happy to have drivers who race clean. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hey everyone,

The latest race in STaTS - SNAIL Tuning and Team (Season V) is on tonight in SNAIL_Division2 at 10:00 PM EST. Plenty of tunes available, just ask and Hillracing or one of the other tuners can get you set up!

It's a great series with some awesome racing. The playing field is leveled by using success ballast, so no more 'I'm not fast enough' excuses :)

Hope to see you on track tonight 👍

Heading to D1to run the possible Cappuccino RM on Madrid/Reverse for a bit. ;-)

(G' Night, gents, the wife calleth, I need to keep 'er happy, or nobody's 'appy!)

Last edited:
As do I. One of the most enjoyable FF cars in the game, in my opinion.

As for my Prize B suggestion, Spa and Daytona RC sound fun -- Fuji also if we turn off penalties -- but my pick will be Suzuka. I really love that track, and I don't think it's gotten a fair shake with the cars we've taken there recently.

I have to agree with you. Suzuka will also be my Prize B suggestion:)

OOPS! Remember this?

April 29th lineup:
ROUND ONE
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
@Circuit Madrid
ROUND TWO
Nissan Silvia SPEC-R Aero (S15) RM '02
@Nürburgring GP/F
ROUND THREE
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
@Suzuka Circuit

This was a one and done. But in all fairness , I think we were on sports hard tires rather than sport soft back in April so I'd like to give it another go!

Last edited:
Any idea what we are racing sunday guys, i'd like to get the cars and do a bit of practice before tomorrow =)

I thought this Sunday was unofficial. Break this week due to the Harbough brothers. For non-NFL fans, that is Super Bowl XLVII.

I thought this Sunday was unofficial. Break this week due to the Harbough brothers. For non-NFL fans, that is Super Bowl XLVII.

Yes correct, this coming sunday we are off, the following sunday we are racing.
I was just wondering, as i will be on tomorrow for an "extra" practice :)

DIVISION 4 PICTURES

GrandValleyEast_zps020ec9ab.jpg

GrandValleyEast_1_zps6b040bc7.jpg

GrandValleyEast_2_zpsb603d5f9.jpg

GrandValleyEast_3_zpsec782c81.jpg

Ghost Passing 101

Rome_3_zps7596a929.jpg

Rome_6_zpse6dba7fc.jpg

Rome_5_zps5c1cceb4.jpg

Rome_4_zps275ca596.jpg

AutumnRing_6-1_zpsddbce0ca.jpg

AutumnRing_5-1_zps323b33f8.jpg

AutumnRing_4-1_zpsf2d67fd6.jpg

AutumnRing_3-1_zps1e65fb40.jpg

AutumnRing_2_zpsf549c945.jpg

AutumnRing_1-1_zpsf4c3569c.jpg

OOPS! Remember this?

April 29th lineup:
ROUND THREE
@Suzuka Circuit

Oh yes, I remember it very well. Spooble and myself were side-by-side for around 20 seconds through the esses 👍

Oh yes, I remember it very well. Spooble and myself were side-by-side for around 20 seconds through the esses 👍

Ahh yes, I remember that combo fondly, as it was the first time I scored a win in D1 (granted it was a reverse grid race, and I'd finished near last in the first one, and 6 people disconnected, hahaha).

I do think the combo might be worth a revisit on softer tires, but I really like the Daytona suggestion also. Tough pick :scared:

Handlebar
(G' Night, gents, the wife calleth, I need to keep 'er happy, or nobody's 'appy!)

Reminds me of what my friend put on Facebook this morning...

Who are we?
Women!
What do we want?
We don't know!
When do we want it?
NOW!

OOPS! Remember this?

ROUND THREE
@Suzuka Circuit

This was a one and done. But in all fairness , I think we were on sports hard tires rather than sport soft back in April so I'd like to give it another go!

Heh, wow. If I remember right, I joined SNAIL just a few weeks after that. It's new to me! 👍

Ahh yes, I remember that combo fondly, as it was the first time I scored a win in D1 (granted it was a reverse grid race, and I'd finished near last in the first one, and 6 people disconnected, hahaha).

I do think the combo might be worth a revisit on softer tires, but I really like the Daytona suggestion also. Tough pick :scared:

Just tried the 8c at Daytona. Pretty fun once I realized I could not attack the course like I could in the Camaro SS '10 RM. it will be a challenging combo as throttle control will be very important as will a delicate touch:tup:

Do we have a confirmation on A and B yet?

Since we are not officially racing Sunday. I am proposing to keep the rhythm going tonight,

SNAIL NURB RECYCLER

Last time I did this one there was good participation (on a Monday). We can start with the 3 cars from last Sunday and then the winner or last can choose any of the past SNAIL cars from previous weeks.

.... unless we have a better plan for our racing needs? 💡

Alright folks, after some extensive testing, I've decided my offical choice will be:

Daytona Road Course

Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Suzuka, but I think Daytona will provide for closer racing, with more passing room.

the2armedmen
i dont know if you guys noticed but my pick was the Cap RM on madrid reverse

Since I have my first unit test tomorrow I'm going to act like I didn't see that. I keep telling myself study then race study then race, but all I see is race, then race.

since i have my first unit test tomorrow i'm going to act like i didn't see that. I keep telling myself study then race study then race, but all i see is race, then race.

You are not alone. I have that same loop in my head. LOL.

Looks like a fun line up.

(1) Clio @ GVE
(2) Alfa @ Daytona (RC ?)
(3) Cappuccino RM @ Madrid Reverse

Glad the Alfa gets another chance. Fun car.

I noticed it and decided to break in the 'new' Cap last night. Apparently some ***hole had added chassis reinforcement to the 'old' Cap :banghead:

What a jerk. He did that same thing to my Alfa for the H-gate enduro.

Madrid will be worse than Rome for all the guys complaining about street courses being too tight or having guys bouncing off the wall and into your line. I know a few guys made that complaint about Rome in D2 last week and about street courses in general. They will just love Madrid!:scared:

I personally like the street courses so no complaints here. I just know it will probably be unpopular in D2. I think that is also partially why racefan picked Daytona. Plenty of room and runoff space in most parts of the track with a lot of draft passing if you don't lose the pack.

Based on PP,

Cappuccino
Clio
8C

Right?

I would normally agree about a city course. But the cappuccino is very small and Quite manueverable. this should avoid most of the problem you mentioned and Madrid is much better than most city courses for width.

Latest Posts

Back