◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,453 comments
Just go to sport mode and you'll see connection or network test
I understand that part but don't know how to able to post pic of the results of the test in forum. When i tested, it goes from 48 to 51 MS and says that it's a good network environment.

Last edited:
is that done in game or how?

In game, go to Sport, then go Test Connection Quality
17230450639523141064341113324001.jpg

Taking a pic with your phone is super quick.

Last edited:
My view through the view-finder:

View attachment 1378920View attachment 1378921

@daggamasta sees a short cut to the beer garden.
View attachment 1378922

My high point for the night (the less said about the rest the better). After a shaky start I was able to come back from 12th to chase @TokenTimmy for 2nd at the end.
View attachment 1378923

Before:
View attachment 1378924

After:
View attachment 1378925View attachment 1378926View attachment 1378927View attachment 1378928

Looking clean.
View attachment 1378929View attachment 1378930

@racingchamp30 paint lends itself to reflection shots. An obvious favourite of mine.
View attachment 1378931View attachment 1378932
Lmao to the comment about me going ffor beers :D

Ideally we need hosts to have all 5 parameters at 100%. The lag issues not only make it difficult for stewards to review IRs accurately, it also makes it difficult on race night to race with any level of confidence that cars won't be lagging and jumping around while trying to have a close, clean race.

Anyone in D2 have maxed out parameters on the sport connectivity test? It's worth a shot testing some different hosts.

Ideally we need hosts to have all 5 parameters at 100%. The lag issues not only make it difficult for stewards to review IRs accurately, it also makes it difficult on race night to race with any level of confidence that cars won't be lagging and jumping around while trying to have a close, clean race.

Anyone in D2 have maxed out parameters on the sport connectivity test? It's worth a shot testing some different hosts.
I'll run the test on my PS5 when I get home later tonight.

Thank you for information. I can do replays for D2.

Last week I discovered my ISP wanted to send me a new modem that would unlock 300Mbps download. Previously I was only paying for 100/10. I got that modem last week and got it all set up and was using it last Sunday, even though my PS5 was still getting the same speed test results it got previously. The next pictures show those results.

Feb 2023 in game:
Gran Turismo® 7_20230216160521.png

Feb 2023 PSN test;

20230213212546.png

PSN Test August 2, 2024, after new modem install;
20240802194924.png
Not exactly what you would call an improvement there. Admittedly, the PS5 was still wired to a 15 year old router and the cabling's capacity is suspect. It shows it's 5E, which is supposed to be good for 1Gbps.

Ordered a new router, Reyee Model E5, on Sunday, it got here Monday and I just got it set up and connected this PC and the PS5 to it using existing cabling. Network tests were not encouraging. Went through some router settings that did not improve it. Got a few wireless devices connected to the new router and they were passing data at, or close to, advertised 300Mbps levels. Bypassed the old cabling connecting the PS5 with a brand spankin' new Cat5E 25', rebooted everything and put up the following tests;

PSN & GT7 Network tests after new router and cable connection;
20240807191950.png

20240807200030.png

20240807200129.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20240807192136.png

While you can see the PSN network download has more than tripled, GT7 parameter test remains largely the same between the 100/10 and 300/10.

@racingchamp30 if you're paying for 300Mbps down and at least 10Mbps up and not getting maxed out on at least 4 of the 5 GT7 test parameters, somethin' ain't right there.

Sorry I’m not very tech savvy, is the lower or higher number better when it comes to ping? I’m guessing lower is better.

Here is mine, hardwired to fiber internet through a telephone company you have never heard of. :lol: I've had times where parameter 2 will be down 1 level but that tends to happen when I wake the console from rest mode. Running the internet connection test on the console fixes the issue for parameter 2. I have never seen parameter 1 all the way to the top. Don't know if port forwarding would help with that or not, haven't fiddled with the routers since getting fiber since it so darn fast by itself.

GT7Nettst824.jpg

PS5NetTest0824.jpg

With what Joe has shown me in a private chat and what he posted here, parameter 1 is your ping/latency and you have to have less than 25ms to get that parameter maxed. If the chatgpt results correlate accurately, parameter 2 is "jitter", which is usually what's happening when cars are "skipping" a bit. Parameter 3 is packet loss = cars teleporting, parameter 4 is your upload rate and 5 is download. Don't have a clue what the thresholds are for Ps 2-5.

From what I'm seeing of those willing to submit their results here, @TexHill and @JamCar0ne ought to consider trading off hosting for D2 and see which one works out the best. I expect, overall, it will be whomever is more centrally located, geographically, to everyone else.

Last edited:
What's your download and upload speed?
Ok so with both of us on its 899Mbps download and 416 Mbps upload.
Now I’m glad I checked, this seems considerably lower than the last time I checked about a month ago.
Anyway, not sure if it’s good bad or otherwise but that’s what we have.

Ok. That parameter one just posted at 25ms ping so perhaps my thinking is a bit off there. Anyone get a result with 26ping and P1 dropped off max?

Latest Posts

Back