♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
Lessen, can we get another 2 cars to pick from? If the Host has the DLC everyone can use it, so while we have this break period lets get some DLC in the votes please.
Most of the online rooms are the GT3's which are fine and all, but we would like to open it up to a few more. Someone suggested the BMW turbo, DLC, ect.
Who wants to see a few more cars to pick from? If the masses want this, can it be up for vote?

@irmopars Thank you for the input.

Everybody, It seems there is at least some desire to have more variety within this series, although I'll be blunt, I kinda feel like I'm pulling teeth to find out. This thread isn't exactly overflowing with responses to my requests for opinions. I've been making a conscious effort not to make too many radical changes too soon. In my experience doing so typically does more harm than good. That's why I've initiated Season 5 according to the format that is already in place and from what I can tell reading the old thread, hasn't been an issue. However, over the 48-hour period that has been the standard allotted time frame for voting, I've received only 2 drivers' choices. Two? That makes me wonder... Are there drivers that suddenly don't care? Are there drivers that don't like either option? Don't like the voting format? Are holding out in hopes something will change? Spending time testing with no regard to the deadline? Let's get involved in the now, as well as the future. #yourvotematters

I thought we were going to use the extra time to test cars and tracks for next week and beyond?

Interesting. I'm not sure where there was any impression given that there was going to be any testing of cars/tracks. @JoeW suggested the week off to tally votes and to allow everybody some practice time (for the first race). I figured we'd just follow the same procedure that Grim had setup. Looking back it seems he just picked two cars and some track options, then let everybody vote. There was a two-day spread between when he posted the options and when he posted the results. Seemingly, there was no issue with the format then, hence my concern now.

I think with a leader change everyone thinks this is their opportunity to change the direction of a already well run league.

Don't sweat it. I respect your decisions and will race the car you put forth on the tracks you put forth. You're a good driver. I trust you.

I have two points to make.

1. I figured out the pit problem I had in the Nurb rain race. Maybe this will help others too. OneSpace talked about needing a "Default" pit strategy, which is completely true. The problem that I ran into is that I did not have a "Default" pit strategy at that time (because sometimes I'm OCD and prefer not to hold onto the unused and at some point I had deleted the default strategy). Through some testing I came to realize that when you enter a default setups lobby, the game automatically changes your pit strategy to whichever is at the top of your pit strategy list, which for me was a strategy I created for medium slicks and no fuel. Because the game defaults your strategy to the top of the list you can't simply create a new un-adjusted strategy and make it current because it will be at the bottom of the list. Furthermore, even if you attempt that and delete the strategies above, it still won't take. Bottom line, the only way to create a new "Default" strategy is to delete ALL of your strategies, in which case the game will instantly re-create a new "true Default" strategy.
  2. Season 5 will be run with either the Audi A1 Quattro or the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4. Get your votes in. This series will get a new selection format for Season 6 which I am working on and will announce in detail somewhere around Round 3 of this season.
I guess that's actually three points.

Results are in.
Season 5 will include the use of the Audi A1 Quattro.

Drivers that voted for ANY car may now vote for 8 out of the available 12 racetracks. Please submit all tracks votes no later than 8:30PM EST Tuesday. Thanks!
@irmopars @TheFilapino @SGETI @joe_diben

FYI: Voting will be simplified into one step for S6 and beyond. Along with having more options to choose from, the process will begin earlier and also migrate from private message to Google Forms. More information to come...

Season 5 Car Results_zpsppi7ugtx.jpg

You guys might find this interesting. I decided to do some in depth analysis of driving aids because I just wasn't particularly confident in my knowledge of what game settings affect the actual on-track use of aids. As you can clearly see, it seems aids are very much NOT controllable as any given users' global game settings can affect their ability to use aids regardless of how the lobby is setup. Global settings of "Real" or "None" seem to trump the lobby settings. However, when global settins are set to "All" (with all 3 aids turned to ON), the lobby settings work as I've always thought they should. Problem is, as Race Director I cannot control individuals global game settings. I'm a firm believer in controlling what we can control, and aids simply are not controllable. Therefor, until a patch fixes this issue this series shall revert back to "Force Realistic Driving Aids" effective immediately. If the graph isn't completely clear feel free to ask.

In all reality, there are probably several cars in this game that will race "better" with these aids on anyways, and good racing is the goal here.

Driving%20Aids%20Analysis_zps7dqqnipw.jpg

@irmopars Thank you for the input.

Everybody, It seems there is at least some desire to have more variety within this series, although I'll be blunt, I kinda feel like I'm pulling teeth to find out. This thread isn't exactly overflowing with responses to my requests for opinions. I've been making a conscious effort not to make too many radical changes too soon. In my experience doing so typically does more harm than good. That's why I've initiated Season 5 according to the format that is already in place and from what I can tell reading the old thread, hasn't been an issue. However, over the 48-hour period that has been the standard allotted time frame for voting, I've received only 2 drivers' choices. Two? That makes me wonder... Are there drivers that suddenly don't care? Are there drivers that don't like either option? Don't like the voting format? Are holding out in hopes something will change? Spending time testing with no regard to the deadline? Let's get involved in the now, as well as the future. #yourvotematters

I have two points to make.

1. I figured out the pit problem I had in the Nurb rain race. Maybe this will help others too. OneSpace talked about needing a "Default" pit strategy, which is completely true. The problem that I ran into is that I did not have a "Default" pit strategy at that time (because sometimes I'm OCD and prefer not to hold onto the unused and at some point I had deleted the default strategy). Through some testing I came to realize that when you enter a default setups lobby, the game automatically changes your pit strategy to whichever is at the top of your pit strategy list, which for me was a strategy I created for medium slicks and no fuel. Because the game defaults your strategy to the top of the list you can't simply create a new un-adjusted strategy and make it current because it will be at the bottom of the list. Furthermore, even if you attempt that and delete the strategies above, it still won't take. Bottom line, the only way to create a new "Default" strategy is to delete ALL of your strategies, in which case the game will instantly re-create a new "true Default" strategy.
  2. Season 5 will be run with either the Audi A1 Quattro or the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4. Get your votes in. This series will get a new selection format for Season 6 which I am working on and will announce in detail somewhere around Round 3 of this season.
I guess that's actually three points.

Results are in.
Season 5 will include the use of the Audi A1 Quattro.

Drivers that voted for ANY car may now vote for 8 out of the available 12 racetracks. Please submit all tracks votes no later than 8:30PM EST Tuesday. Thanks!
@irmopars @TheFilapino @SGETI @joe_diben

FYI: Voting will be simplified into one step for S6 and beyond. Along with having more options to choose from, the process will begin earlier and also migrate from private message to Google Forms. More information to come...

Season 5 Car Results_zpsppi7ugtx.jpg

You guys might find this interesting. I decided to do some in depth analysis of driving aids because I just wasn't particularly confident in my knowledge of what game settings affect the actual on-track use of aids. As you can clearly see, it seems aids are very much NOT controllable as any given users' global game settings can affect their ability to use aids regardless of how the lobby is setup. Global settings of "Real" or "None" seem to trump the lobby settings. However, when global settins are set to "All" (with all 3 aids turned to ON), the lobby settings work as I've always thought they should. Problem is, as Race Director I cannot control individuals global game settings. I'm a firm believer in controlling what we can control, and aids simply are not controllable. Therefor, until a patch fixes this issue this series shall revert back to "Force Realistic Driving Aids" effective immediately. If the graph isn't completely clear feel free to ask.

In all reality, there are probably several cars in this game that will race "better" with these aids on anyways, and good racing is the goal here.

Driving%20Aids%20Analysis_zps7dqqnipw.jpg
I just want to laugh, I guess better late then never, to figure out the game. Not real sure how the voting process is done, but you would think on an off week, guys could get together an try out the tracks to pick for the car chosen. And Lessen, you should probably do more then 3 laps to test a car choice. Test out tire ware, pit stops, driving assists, lap times compared to AI's, tire available for cars, etc.
And when you say testing with no regard to dead line, it's an off week. And "someone" has to do some testing if not the race director.
And you guys are welcome, to whoever "I" got your pits figured out for you. Funny how every one thought it was a pit stop bug, when in reality someone told you guys to save a pit strategy for a default setup race.
In my opinion for a good season, pick a low HP race car, add different weather slots to create more pit stops, turn tire ware up, when default setup is turned on. Or turn default setup off and use honor rule. Then all CARS in the game are worth using.
As far as newer road cars go, they come from the factory in real life with ABS, Traction Control, and just maybe Stability Control.
The biggest gripe I have with this game is that with default setup turned on, cars are limited on tires available for that car.
If SMS ever unlocks tires and pit strategy, when using default setup. This series will not be as fun as it could be.

It also seems to me that my buddy Onespace has his patience levels a little low. Let's take it easy, talk, listen and decide.
LOL, yea sorry if I sounded harsh Lessen, not your fault this game sucks in default mode. And thanks for taking over, it's a lot of extra free work your willing to do. Thanks again.
Sorry guys, guess it was a rant.

Believe me, it frustrates me too. It could be off the charts fantastic if it weren't for all the little issues. Fortunately it's so dang immersive and realistic we force ourselves to deal with the bad in order to enjoy the good. Let's have some good racing this season and look forward to a fresher future.

Is anybody else having the issue regarding limited fuel. I've only done a little practice driving at Azure for fun and I only go out with about 7 liters. I know this has been an issue for others as well. I have not yet started a race in this car though, I wonder if that will prompt the the tank to be filled and stay that way since the default setup has it at full tank for race?

*edit* nevermind. I see now the game gives you as much fuel as you need for the given race length

Last edited:
I have a couple questions:
1) Where is the "livery assignment" list?
2) Is there a driver list anywhere?

I have a couple questions:
1) Where is the "livery assignment" list?
2) Is there a driver list anywhere?

1. Yet to be posted, soon.

2. last known list, will also need to be updated.
Active Drivers - 17 Drivers
  • GrimGrnninGhost
  • zii1993
  • Mighty_mopar
  • SGETI
  • Von_Slam_Stone
  • DoublePass
  • TheFilapino
  • Schmiggz
  • Joe_DiBen
  • ONESPACE
  • Ice_Warden
  • quattpequatt
  • JAnWinston
  • Lessenjr
  • Fallen_log
  • Cardahs
  • austindecker

Retired Drivers
  • terrible1fi
  • Magrathea_42
  • flatspunout
  • Silentkiller_201
  • Parcells2
  • Brown352
  • M-D-I
  • gotdirt410sp

Thanks! @SGETI I've been meaning to get to that. :)

Welcome! @ffbbs

I will also have the Track list for this season posted tomorrow as well once I sort through the votes. Everybody feel free to choose your livery/color for the month. I'll get that list put together up there in the reserved posts as well.

Gentlemen,

First off, allow me to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everybody who is celebrating is able to enjoy a nice day with your loved ones. :)

Secondly, these will be the tracks we'll race (in this order) over the course of the next 4 weeks. My apologies for not having a very detailed display of all the voting and whatnot. I kinda don't get how Grim was organizing this aspect of the spreadsheet so I just did it the old fasioned way real quick. Plus, I've been working hard on the way Season 6 and beyond will work as far as the vote process and results reporting. That's been taking up the majority of my hobby time over the last week. I hope to see many of you guys on track Tuesday and enjoy your weekend! :)

Season%205%20Track%20Results_zpsfvbvlwfh.jpg

Why is Monaco constantly out of the options?

HA! I know Bud. I've always enjoyed Monaco. I thought it would suit the Audi nicely, being slower and what not. No luck though. But... if you had voted that would been two of us. ;)

I love to have a race at Silverstone classic, but of course the pits are screwed up. Just can't win with this game. And hit a landmine at start finish line one time. And I paid money for this track, LOL

Good Morning everybody! I hope everybodyhas digested the week's holiday festivities. :)

• The drivers list has been updated at the top of the thread. Basically it's split by "active" and "inactive". Active drivers being anybody who competed at least once in the previous and current season.
  • Below is the schedule for Season 5. It is also posted at the top of the thread for quick access.
  • You'll notice the omition of some lines items. KOQ has been completely eliminated from WRRC procedures. If we ever get to the point where we have more drivers that the lobby can hold, we will open a second room.
  • As discussed previously, we will manually [reverse] grid and start Race #2 of each event, therefor there is no longer a 2nd qualifier.
  • I will attempt to push the race distances to closer to the 40 minute mark each week.
Season%205.01_zpst8fx7rq9.jpg

Last edited:
Back