100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw

It's not accumulating by the number of points flashing across your screen.
Therefore, ASpec points (offered) are not cumulative.

They saturate at 200p.

Thank You. We can expect to see you in this Club soon?

Obiously you guys are not reading/understanding me correctly... :indiff:

I never said you acumulate the points flashing on the screen you acumulate the points needed to reach 200 points per race.
If you do a 10 point race and go back and do a 12 point race you dont get 2 points you get 10+12= 22 you have cumulated 22 points towards the 200 max...

:dopey:

raz_10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw

It's not accumulating by the number of points flashing across your screen.
Therefore, ASpec points (offered) are not cumulative.

They saturate at 200p.

Thank You. We can expect to see you in this Club soon?

I never said you acumulate the points flashing on the screen you acumulate the points needed to reach 200 points per race.
If you do a 10 point race and go back and do a 12 point race you dont get 2 points you get 10+12= 22 you have cumulated 22 points towards the 200 max...

NO why is this so hard to understand.
Go and load up your game and try it. Write down you A spec points then go and enter a race you have already done. Before entering the race note how many points you have already earned in it. Then enter the race making sure it offers more points than you had previously earned. After winning the race go and check your A spec total.
Your new total will be
Original A spec points + points earned in race - points previously earned in race

ANK
NO why is this so hard to understand.
Go and load up your game and try it. Write down you A spec points then go and enter a race you have already done. Before entering the race note how many points you have already earned in it. Then enter the race making sure it offers more points than you had previously earned. After winning the race go and check your A spec total.
Your new total will be
Original A spec points + points earned in race - points previously earned in race
not surpassing 200...1+1+10+60+....until yu hit 200.

Yes. I have tried it... read my first post...even you said it...
""They saturate at 200p."""

raz_10

Is this really that difficult? You are wrong. If you do a 10 point race and then go back and get 12 you WILL NOT get 22 points you will get 10 + (12-10) = 12! you get only the BEST score you have achieved up to a maximum of 200 pts. As an extreme example, if you do a race for 199 points and then go back and do it for 1 point you will NOT get 199+1 = 200pts. The only way to get 200 pts is to do the race for 200 pts. Finally, you do not "cumulate" points you accumlate points. "Cumulate" is not a word. Now. Please. Stop. We. Are. Correct.

As for the Dodge RAM, yes you can rag it for 200 points, but even if you do every race possible to win with it you'll get 20000 tops (Special Conditions, Sunday Cup, Sport Truck, 4WD, NA Sport, Clubman Cup). That leaves 93100 that are not so easy - still think it's a walk in the park?

route_66
Is this really that difficult? You are wrong. If you do a 10 point race and then go back and get 12 you WILL NOT get 22 points you will get 10 + (12-10) = 12! you get only the BEST score you have achieved up to a maximum of 200 pts. As an extreme example, if you do a race for 199 points and then go back and do it for 1 point you will NOT get 199+1 = 200pts. The only way to get 200 pts is to do the race for 200 pts. Finally, you do not "cumulate" points you accumlate points. "Cumulate" is not a word. Now. Please. Stop. We. Are. Correct.

As for the Dodge RAM, yes you can rag it for 200 points, but even if you do every race possible to win with it you'll get 20000 tops (Special Conditions, Sunday Cup, Sport Truck, 4WD, NA Sport, Clubman Cup). That leaves 93100 that are not so easy - still think it's a walk in the park?

try this....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cumulate

But just incase you dont want to look cuz you are so right

cu·mu·late
Audio pronunciation of "cumulate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kymy-lt)
v. cu·mu·lat·ed, cu·mu·lat·ing, cu·mu·lates
v. tr.

1. To gather in a heap; accumulate.
2. To combine into one unit; merge.

Attachments

• arguing.jpg
    arguing.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 83
route_66

thankyou!! i knew i was right since otherwise i could run a 1pt race 200 times and get 200 points. which never happens 👍

msako
There is a hole in A-Spec points and I was pointing it out. I'm not ill-informed. I tried it myself with the Dodge Ram. You can rack up A-Spec points like crazy.

Don't you think WE know that? :dunce:

Tell you what, I'll tell you the OTHER major hole - Nitrous!

Think that between those holes, getting 100,000 points is easy?
Why don't YOU try it out and tell us!

Your behavior is typical and frustrating. The problem is this: you're picking on a couple anecdotes, a couple bugs and immediately becoming dismissive of the entire thing! That's what I call a "Fox and The Grapes" attitude (go look up Aesops Fables if you don't know what I mean). Point is, just because the point system is NOT perfect and IS flawed, doesn't mean it's useless!

In 80% of the cases, it works and if you chose to give it more of a chance rather than being idly dismisseive (and use the 200p and the Stock Car thread as guidance) you may just realize this for yourself! 👍

While you're in those threads, take a peak at how many 200p races were ONLY achieved by the Dodge RAM. You'll find exactly ONE series: the PD Cup.

We don't want to use cheap methods to get points so we make the conscious choice NOT TO!

To raz_10:

Saturate is NOT an acronym for Cumulate.
While you're in that dictionary, find that out for yourself.

But I don't want to get dragged into a game of useless semantics. So, I'll just ask... do *you* understand how you achieve 200p now? Do you realize that your first statement was incorrect? Would *you* like to offer a clearer way to explain it?

Any other questions?

raz_10
try this....

cu·mu·late
v. tr.

Well. I accept you're correct about the word (though I remain slightly dubious), I apologise. Doesn't make you right about the points though now does it?

Edit: By the way, RAM fans, winning the PD cup with the truck IS NOT EASY. Getting 100,000 points was NOT EASY. If people don't want to get the points that's fine, but that isn't what this thread was for. Yes the system is flawed, but that doesn't make it unworkable. Go and read the 200 point thread and see the amount of work people have put into to it before you come here and tell me it's all rubbish.

route_66
By the way, RAM fans, winning the PD cup with the truck IS NOT EASY. Getting 100,000 points was NOT EASY. If people don't want to get the points that's fine, but that isn't what this thread was for. Yes the system is flawed, but that doesn't make it unworkable. Go and read the 200 point thread and see the amount of work people have put into to it before you come here and tell me it's all rubbish.
Listen to the man, he speaks the truth. Half the time your racing a Ford GT in PD cup. Not an easy car to beat in a RAM. Even if you could just do 200 1 pt races, it would be hella hard to do each race 200 times. You'd have to be crazy!

I got 200 pts a race in Formula GT in a stock 787B, hard racing tires. Fun races.

raz_10
not surpassing 200...1+1+10+60+....until yu hit 200.

Yes. I have tried it... read my first post...even you said it...
""They saturate at 200p."""

Go and try what i said. At the end of the race the game will tell you you have earned X amount of points but they WILL NOT all be added onto your total if you had some points in that race to start with.
By the way can you point out to me where i said they "saturate at 200p"

1+1+10+60 in the same race=60 points

You can run the same races over and over. That's how you accumulate funds very quickly. (see threads on special conditions #2, sell the Toyota prize, etc).

A-Spec points can be gamed. That's my only point. That detracts from the achievement.

All cars can be acquired quite easily because of B-Spec. That detracts from the achievement.

100% golds cannot be acquired easily. That makes it in impressive achievement since there is no fast path or easy way (except with a game shark, I guess).

100% missions cannot be acquired easily, either. Very impressive.

If someone reaches the 100% club with 0% B-Spec, then that is impressive, they earned it. There's no way to cheat on the miles. You just have to put in the miles and grind it out.

The problem is, A-Spec points can be tainted if you abuse the Ram. There is always doubt unless you qualify it. That's what I don't like about it. I don't abuse the Ram so my A-Spec points mean something, however, I don't like having to qualify my achievement.

I am almost finished with the Enduros, 100% A-Spec with 0% B-Spec on my status. It's a bother that I have to qualify this. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone has reached the 100% club with 0% B-Spec. I got tired of scanning each post because everyone seemed to have used B-Spec to reach 100%.

It's a shame that A-Spec has this taint.

Chris Criswell
So you need to win 500 races, by getting 200 A-Spec points in each race?

How many races are there?

msako
You can run the same races over and over. That's how you accumulate funds very quickly. (see threads on special conditions #2, sell the Toyota prize, etc).

A-Spec points can be gamed. That's my only point. That detracts from the achievement.

All cars can be acquired quite easily because of B-Spec. That detracts from the achievement.

100% golds cannot be acquired easily. That makes it in impressive achievement since there is no fast path or easy way (except with a game shark, I guess).

100% missions cannot be acquired easily, either. Very impressive.

If someone reaches the 100% club with 0% B-Spec, then that is impressive, they earned it. There's no way to cheat on the miles. You just have to put in the miles and grind it out.

The problem is, A-Spec points can be tainted if you abuse the Ram. There is always doubt unless you qualify it. That's what I don't like about it. I don't abuse the Ram so my A-Spec points mean something, however, I don't like having to qualify my achievement.

I am almost finished with the Enduros, 100% A-Spec with 0% B-Spec on my status. It's a bother that I have to qualify this. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone has reached the 100% club with 0% B-Spec. I got tired of scanning each post because everyone seemed to have used B-Spec to reach 100%.

It's a shame that A-Spec has this taint.

I have 100% A-specced the whole game and (If you looked in my first post you would have seen that). I only started using B-spec AFTER getting 100% because otherwise I would have to drive over 100000 miles on test course in A-spec to get the necessary engine wear for the last 2000 A-spec points (Which naturally, have to be done in A-spec mode!). And If the A-spec system is so "tainted" then why have only 3 people managed to do it? If it was so easy why hasn't everyone done it? As I said earlier, you can use the RAM to get 20,000 points or so, but the other 93k doesn't come so easy (By the way, winning the PD cup or special conditions hard is still not easy even with the RAM).

Secondly, How could you get anywhere near maximum A-spec points without Driving every race in A-spec? B-spec gets you nothing and I got 109,600pts without letting B-Spec Bob anywhere near my cars. Indeed it was only grudgingly that I let B-spec wear out my cars now.

Finally, If you'd looked at the 200pt races thread you would have seen that the 3 club members and numerous others have been trying to maximise there A-spec points without using any cheap tricks - No RAM unless necessary (PD cup), No NOS unless necessary (2CV cup). Try and get 100000 pts and then tell me the attempt has no merit. You just can't get round the fact that this is an achievement that I and others are justifiably proud of.

If you do get 100% A-spec congratulations, I've done it and I know how much effort it takes. But you should try and get 100,000 A-spec and you'll see, RAM or not, it takes considerable effort - maybe then you won't be so quick to criticise.

ANK
Go and try what i said. At the end of the race the game will tell you you have earned X amount of points but they WILL NOT all be added onto your total if you had some points in that race to start with.
By the way can you point out to me where i said they "saturate at 200p"

1+1+10+60 in the same race=60 points

My bad ANK, I thought you were the one that said saturate...I apologise

ANK
No problem. :)

Do you get how the points work now?

Nope I've being racing the f1 cup (forgot the actual name) for about three weeks now... :dopey: not much racing lately
I'll get back to yall... :) :cheers:

raz_10
try this....

cu·mu·late
v. tr.

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahaha the image is just the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on the internet... and the most appropriate, too! Congrats!

To raz_10:

Saturate is NOT an acronym for Cumulate.
While you're in that dictionary, find that out for yourself.

[B]Main Entry: 1sat·u·rate
to unite with the greatest possible amount of another substance 2: infuse or fill completely
2 : to cause to combine till there is no further tendency to combine[/B]

Any other questions?[/QUOTE]

But you're right """But I don't want to get dragged into a game of useless semantics."""

I may not be right but just wanted to let you that it was my experience...I am human and can be wrong (and probably I'm wrong) , but I do have an opinion, and I am entitle to my own

later...

raz_10
But you're right """But I don't want to get dragged into a game of useless semantics."""

Who started the semantics debate? You did.
Look back over the posts and you'll figure that out for yourself.

Both the statements I and route made are correct.
Points are NOT cumulative.
(Here you need a thing called context, the context is the points offered). You chose to play games with the semantics of that statement rather than testing it.

The points saturate at 200p.
And you even tried to play semantic games with this statement which is truly ridiculous. :rolleyes:

And even why I ASKED you to offer a clearer way of explaining the system, you pull this post.

raz_10
I may not be right but just wanted to let you that it was my experience...I am human and can be wrong (and probably I'm wrong) , but I do have an opinion, and I am entitle to my own

later...

No, you chose to mire this dicussion in a debate over those semantics rather than testing your "experience" against ours. :irked: :dunce:

Yes, you *have* an opinion.
NO, you are not *entitled* to your opinion, particularly when your opinion is attempting to refute FACT.

There's this old saying about "opinions". Perhaps you've heard of it?

jdw
Who started the semantics debate? You did.
Look back over the posts and you'll figure that out for yourself.

Both the statements I and route made are correct.
Points are NOT cumulative.
(Here you need a thing called context, the context is the points offered). You chose to play games with the semantics of that statement rather than testing it.

The points saturate at 200p.
And you even tried to play semantic games with this statement which is truly ridiculous. :rolleyes:

And even why I ASKED you to offer a clearer way of explaining the system, you pull this post.

No, you chose to mire this dicussion in a debate over those semantics rather than testing your "experience" against ours. :irked: :dunce:

Yes, you *have* an opinion.
NO, you are not *entitled* to your opinion, particularly when your opinion is attempting to refute FACT.

There's this old saying about "opinions". Perhaps you've heard of it?

Originally Posted by raz_10

I may not be right but just wanted to let you know that was my experience...I am human and can be wrong (and probably I'm wrong)

Is just a friendly discussion sir relax...I just admitted that I could be wrong...just let it go sir..!

raz_10

Originally Posted by raz_10

I may not be right but just wanted to let you know that was my experience...I am human and can be wrong (and probably I'm wrong)

Is just a friendly discussion sir relax...I just admitted that I could be wrong...just let it go sir..!

I have accepted I was wrong about the semantics.
You have accepted you were wrong about the points?
Yes. Good? Problem solved.

All's well here then.........let's just all play nicely now :)

raz_10
[Originally Posted by raz_10

I may not be right but just wanted to let you know that was my experience...I am human and can be wrong (and probably I'm wrong)/B]

Believe me, I remember that... I just don't know how it all got out of control from there.

raz_10
I just admitted that I could be wrong...just let it go sir..!

Fair enough. 👍
Well, perhaps once you've got used the points system we'll see you making contributions to the 200p thread and then finally the 100,000p club yes?
(Unfortunately, it DOES take a lot of getting used to :ill: )

Gee, I feel stupid. When I was going for 100,000 A-Spec points I guess all I had to do was get in the RAM. :lol: But, aside from finally beating Mission 34, getting 100,000 gave me the most satisfaction in the game (and I have 80 golds). It was trying, took a long time and not many have done it.

I made it! 👍

100%
100583 A-Spec points
1503 races 100% win ratio
426 prize cars
991 cars in garage (going to weed some out)
7802 B-Spec points

For more A-Spec points, I have to do: 1000 miles, all f1 races, all but one enduro, Crossfire, Saleen and clean up a few races that I was lazy in getting all 200 or so points for.

Thanks to 66, ANK, jdw and all the guys who posted races/cars/points/setup, ect.

Thanks to Famine and dori-san for all the help with mission 34.

Thanks to the GT community for having a cool forum.

I can now race for pure joy. :)

slotcarrod
I made it! 👍

100%
100583 A-Spec points
1503 races 100% win ratio
426 prize cars
991 cars in garage (going to weed some out)
7802 B-Spec points

For more A-Spec points, I have to do: 1000 miles, all f1 races, all but one enduro, Crossfire, Saleen and clean up a few races that I was lazy in getting all 200 or so points for.

Thanks to 66, ANK, jdw and all the guys who posted races/cars/points/setup, ect.

Thanks to Famine and dori-san for all the help with mission 34.

Thanks to the GT community for having a cool forum.

I can now race for pure joy. :)

Welcome to the Club. Can you post your status screen? It's not that I don't trust you, I'd just like to make sure noone can question your achievements.

Back