100th Indianapolis 500- May 29th

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 232 comments
Wow, absolutely amazing. Wonder if we'll see some amazing feat in the 600 tonight. What an amazing weekend for Motorsports.

Amazing to see him in victory lane rn. I think he is in shock right now. So humble.

Edit: Well, I'm off of the thread for the the day gents. Good talking with you all, and general shenanigans.
To be told with 5 laps to go 'you're in the lead' must have been a shock to him

You know what? Standing ovation to American rookie Alexander Rossi. Let's not diminish this victory in any such manner. He didn't ask to be the leader, he didn't pay anything to be winner, he simply was faster and smarter (and a bit luckier) than the 32 other drivers he faced. I'm proud for the guy. So once again- standing ovation to California boy Alexander Rossi in his pretty blue and gold NAPA car. Of course, I love blue and gold as a combination, so that's extra credit to the fellow.

CjphGgZUoAALS_Q.jpg

Gotta love it that a driver who had, going into this year, trashed the series and regarded his time in Indycar as a "Seat-Warming Exercise" while waiting for an F1 ride to open up wins The Indy 500...

Gotta love it that a driver who had, going into this year, trashed the series and regarded his time in Indycar as a "Seat-Warming Exercise" while waiting for an F1 ride to open up wins The Indy 500...
That's quite wrong considering he hadn't raced in Indycar before this season.

Thinking of the wrong guy, Scott Speed in Champcar?

Still trying to understand how on Earth Rossi won. Makes no sense. Although, Manor hired Haryanto over Rossi causing him to go into IndyCar so Haryanto won.

Still trying to understand how on Earth Rossi won. Makes no sense. Although, Manor hired Haryanto over Rossi causing him to go into IndyCar so Haryanto won.

One will be remembered as the 100th 500 Champion regardless of how he got it while no one will remember a winless pay driver so I fail to see how Haryanto "Won". You can't buy wins as easily as you can buy rides.

One will be remembered as the 100th 500 Champion regardless of how he got it while no one will remember a winless pay driver so I fail to see how Haryanto "Won". You can't buy wins as easily as you can buy rides.
As people should clearly be able to see, this was a joke. It also helps if you've seen the Indonesian F1 fans.

I'm shocked the queen of trolls Fryer would post something negative about Indycar.:odd:
What's she supposed to say, if the numbers were down they were down. From what I'm interpreting her tweet to say, even though this was a historic race and there was no blackout on the Indianapolis market, the ratings were still down. How would you spin that in a positive light?

How in world has the race only now been aired live in its home state? I can't understand that.
It's always been blacked out in the Indianapolis market because of the ridiculous FCC blackout restrictions... even when the race had been sold out, as it was yesterday. They made an exemption in airing it live this year because of the 100th running of the race.

Regional blackout restrictions do more harm than good. In theory it should force people to go to the event, but in actuality, people don't go because they can't afford to, and then they end up not being able to watch it live due to blackout.

What's she supposed to say, if the numbers were down they were down. From what I'm interpreting her tweet to say, even though this was a historic race and there was no blackout on the Indianapolis market, the ratings were still down. How would you spin that in a positive light?
Maybe the ratings were down since 357,000 people were at the track? Strange that I cant find any mention in her tweets about the Sprint All-star race ratings being their lowest since 1999. How odd...

Maybe the ratings were down since 357,000 people were at the track? Strange that I cant find any mention in her tweets about the Sprint All-star race ratings being their lowest since 1999. How odd...
They weren't hyping up the All-Star Race as a historic event like they were this race. A historic event, in theory, would draw more viewers in to watch it that normally wouldn't. Even accounting for the rise in attendance (Up only 140,000), the ratings wouldn't drop by .2 (Signifying a drop in viewers by 230,000 viewers on TV), that's still a minimum of 90,000 viewers that watched last year on TV but didn't watch on TV this year and didn't attend the race.

Back