• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments

MustangRyan

GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup
Premium
United States
North Carolina
Droptop2001gt
I don't have a particular rooting interest in the final race, so I'm already looking ahead to next year.

With the low downforce package returning for the entire season, I'm hoping this means the return of Tony Stewart as a competitive driver. Now, if they would just put all of the power back in the engines, we might really get the most entertaining races possible.

Which other drivers will probably benefit most from the 2016 rules package? The JGR teams sure looked strong when they were testing the 2016 packages earlier this year.

We know the LDF package works at the intermediate tracks, but I'm curious to see how it works at the superspeedways.

Bold prediction for 2016: Cars will go in circles and there will be Roush Tri-Wrecktas.

In more serious thoughts, the 2016 season looks to be more promising than this year's season overall. I said I probably won't watch Cup races in 2016 in the 2015 thread, but since I'm usually a hypocrite in a lot of things (including NASCAR stuff), I'll probably watch a few regardless. The areo packages should make racing far, far better, and that should make things far better as a fan in some aspects.

Good to see the Woods returning to full-time.

The move to the Penske camp has helped them with having more sponsors for the whole season.

Still won't watch the races, but I believe the low downforce package will be for the better.

Aren't we supposed to wait until the season ends before we make a new thread?
Not really. It is the final weekend. I've seen the F1 threads change sooner.

This thread towards last thread's name
YX6ZTJ2.gif

Instead of whole teams doing better, I think a lot of the guys that enjoy wheeling loose cars, like Keselowski, Logano, and Kyle Busch will be pretty ahead of the field. The package just fits their driving style a lot more. The racing should definatly pick up next year.

Also hoping Stewart cab get his mojo back. I recently saw he has 48 Cup wins. Be great to see him hit #50, as well as win the 500!

Back