2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,397 views
I'm assuming its going to be this thread because that one's just for commenting on the qualifying results (at least its supposed to be).
That's what I was thinking. I'm personally going to be doing thread updates here as well.
 
To be honest, I have to laugh at the DPi sandbagging allegations already. Unlike Le Mans (which was the FIA being stupid more than anything), the IMSA field is pretty much brand new and nobody truly knows what will happen. We all know the Caddy is the fastest right now, but the Mazda supposedly ran a 1m 37.1s lap in a practice session. Add to the electrical woes from the Cosworth system that everyone but Mazda has and it's still anyone's guess as to what will happen today. Sebring will be a better guess of who needs BoP adjustments due to pace than Daytona will since they'll have more development time by then.
 
NA engines forever. :D
To be honest, I have to laugh at the DPi sandbagging allegations already. Unlike Le Mans (which was the FIA being stupid more than anything), the IMSA field is pretty much brand new and nobody truly knows what will happen. We all know the Caddy is the fastest right now, but the Mazda supposedly ran a 1m 37.1s lap in a practice session. Add to the electrical woes from the Cosworth system that everyone but Mazda has and it's still anyone's guess as to what will happen today. Sebring will be a better guess of who needs BoP adjustments due to pace than Daytona will since they'll have more development time by then.
Not to mention Daytona is a one of a kind track. Literally nothing like it. Also, Mazda isn't running the Cosworth electronics? I thought everybody had too? :odd:
 
Is there no stream of the coverage on their main site? I'm not seeing it anywhere.
 
Oh I see, coverage starts there at quarter past - I had been told the green flag was at 7PM UK time.
 
Oh I see, coverage starts there at quarter past - I had been told the green flag was at 7PM UK time.
Yeah same here, I was already panicking :D
 
FSGO stream is pretty good quality FWIW

and it has it's own terrible commercials :boggled:
 
DRINK!

upload_2017-1-28_14-11-53.png
 
Anyone know why Turner Motorsport is only fielding one car in the GTD category?
 
Finally got the fire stick to work. Well at least I don't need to change the channel now lol.

Oh God...pre race ceremonies... :odd:
Anyone know why Turner Motorsport is only fielding one car in the GTD category?
This is most likely their only race this year.
 
Anyone know why Turner Motorsport is only fielding one car in the GTD category?

Both of their customer drivers from last year left racing. The Daytona entry came together at the last second so they may not even be at Sebring.
 
Wish you all a great race! :cheers:
 
Anyone know why Turner Motorsport is only fielding one car in the GTD category?
Both their customer drivers from last year didn't return due to the influx of factory teams in GTD.

Edit: Treed. Damn it @Northstar :P
 
T
Both their customer drivers from last year didn't return due to the influx of factory teams in GTD.

Edit: Treed. Damn it @Northstar :p
I edited it in as he typed it so technically double tree'd. :P
 
That other thread title has changed to a race thread.
 
Who cares we're using this. xD

Oh my God the cringe levels of the pit reporter asking how can we tell the difference between the Ford GT and a DPi. :banghead:
 
Those of you participating in the drinking gqmes, be careful if alcohol poisoning. I've seen the FAST BMW three times in the last five minutes.
 
on IMSA.tv you cannot see the main, but you can see the manufacturer camera option
 
Has it started yet? The IMSA stream just says "your event is about to start"

I'm panicking :lol:
 
Back