Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,921 comments
Emphasis is mine.

I am SOOOO looking forward to this! After living in the A section for a while I got the VR aaaannnnd . . . straight to B I went during the adjustment period! Now I'm back in the A rating (barely!) and I'm soooo looking forward to this race.

I've been practicing every night and playing with the suspension settings (limited though they are) and this doesn't have to be in the official practice mode. When I set up a custom race I make sure I'm using the BoP settings.

Good luck this week!
Well done! In March I was DR C, then I got the VR and started to learn how to race! impossible to drive without nowadays for me, but 35 laps with this bloody headset on my forehead will be physically tough (I wish we would be already living in year 2040 and the VR headsets are 100g heavy or just simple specs:)

I tested the heavy damage in a custom race today. It is not too bad, small contacts have no impact. Then I hit the PC on purpose to test it, I wasn’t that slow after suffering from mild aerodynamic damage. So all gonna depend when the damage happens etc. I just hope to survive the first lap without damage otherwise the frustration is massive

The IM and W tires are listed as allowed in the event details in game, so if that's what you were looking at, you are correct.

I was referring to the announcement on the website: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_5726553.html. That appears to leave out a bunch of other details, so it wasn't clear to me how much to read into the absence of the rain tires.
Ah ok, I don't know...I read the IM-W in the event details and thought about the weather risk, now I don't know :embarrassed:

Man, only now signing up for the Manu, GT1 on has 3 timeslots available. Really a bummer. I planned to enter the morning slots.

Really bad timeslots for a weekend
Agreed 100%, as do many here. This whole thing needs a shakeup.

GT3 - DR C and below
GT2 - DR A & B
GT1 - A+ to 75%A+
GTX - 76%A+ to S

DR A and a chunk of A+ drivers aren't qualifying for GTWS; there just aren't enough points available in even an all mid-A+ lobby races to do so. So put them in GT1 with all of the time slots available. The high A+ players and S players are the ones really contending, so they can keep the three timeslots as they will make the time to catch at least one of them. The rest of us are casuals and do some races in-between life events.

So yea, three slots in the evening/night hours on a Saturday? Come on PD.

Last edited:
Im not a GT1 racer so won’t have heavy damage to contend with, but I think PD have a bit of a mistake on this. While this is the perfect opportunity for them to implement this move I think they should have gradually implemented this into the game. Can see they been a lot of complaints and rage quits on Saturday as people unaware or not use to the new system.

They should have added damage to Daily C for a few races.

One thing that needs testing is how much performance do you lose from not pitting with damage?
Never tested it concerning numbers but i raced a lot in private leagues with permanent damage on and with very fast drivers A+ and some the fastest in my country...

In doesnt need any test its a thing you see in real time, any minor damage against good and consistent drivers will make you lose time and start to lose positions.

You might choose to stay on track with minor damage if you near the end of the race or even try to end a early stint to not mess up the strategy but youll lose the oportunity to win the race or podium if the drivers have similar pace compared to yours if they are faster forget.
More serious damage you have to pit cause you lose to much speed and cornering ability.

I would love that. Instead I have 6 slots all in the daytime where the family is using the television and PS. Last slot at dinner time.
Well there are 10 slots for GT2/3.

Regardless, my point is the more time slots available the more likely a casual like me will be able to make at least one.

I know spreading all the slots through the day might make the playerbase thin at certain moments, But 2 in the mornig, 2 in the afternoo, and 2 in the night Should make anyone who wants to participate able to do so.

I might have missed the count. But it's not making a difference, 10 or 20 slots, as long as no one is after 6 at night it's very hard for family men to race
Hm, okay. Not sure of the times for GT2 in Europe, but in the States they go from 11:00-22:00 (less a two hour break) and 12:00-23:00 (less a two hour break) respectfully for Manu and Nations. So there are plenty beyond 18:00.

I read the IM-W in the event details and thought about the weather risk, now I don't know :embarrassed:
Just to muddy the waters a little more, I noticed today while poking around on the GT website that the final for the GTWS Manufacturer's Cup Showdown last month was a 35-lap race at Suzuka (sound familiar?). It had rain from laps 10-19.

Maybe we shouldn't discount the possibility of weather being in this week's race after all.

Placed some twist for Nations Cup on Saturday. While I will stay with Nissan, every round the car I will be driving will be decided by RNG. For round 1:
1694708827754.png

Placed some twist for Nations Cup on Saturday. While I will stay with Nissan, every round the car I will be driving will be decided by RNG. For round 1:

Oof, good luck with the Super Silhouette if you need to save fuel. I love that car, and its pretty fast once you get used to it, but it only works if you're revving it to the moon

I might have missed the count. But it's not making a difference, 10 or 20 slots, as long as no one is after 6 at night it's very hard for family men to race
Yep 100% this, I'd love to take a couple of shot at Suzuka saturday but I'm really trying to found a full hour of time in the morning to do it...it's a pity cause if for whatever reason the race goes badly I'm not gonna have another chance if not for a miracle in the early evening
Just to muddy the waters a little more, I noticed today while poking around on the GT website that the final for the GTWS Manufacturer's Cup Showdown last month was a 35-lap race at Suzuka (sound familiar?). It had rain from laps 10-19.

Maybe we shouldn't discount the possibility of weather being in this week's race after all.
I'm honest, I'm not trying Suzuka in the wet, I'm relying on the free practice in the event screen, but I think it's possible to have some rain...

I also recommend anyone using the tricky 458 to take a look at Praiano's setting for suspensions, I know he set those numbers mixing them with the whole setting, but after I saw a good improvement in handling with his set

I'm having some regrets over my Honda pick. The Gr3 NSX feels very unstable and twitchy over bumps and kerbs. The round at the Ring will be even more of an absolute nightmare.

Hope it doesn't rain for Suzuka. I'm having enough trouble as it is, especially the first Degner.

I'm having some regrets over my Honda pick. The Gr3 NSX feels very unstable and twitchy over bumps and kerbs. The round at the Ring will be even more of an absolute nightmare.

Hope it doesn't rain for Suzuka. I'm having enough trouble as it is, especially the first Degner.
I feel like us GT2/3 racers have been hard done by with having to balance your pick with a decent Gr3 and Gr4.
Gr4 NSX is nice, not driven the Gr3.

As for my pick, I’m going with Nissan. Didn’t really want to pick a manufacturer I’ve already used, so I was left with BMW, Nissan, Porsche, Ferrari, & Lexus. The others I’ve either used or have no intention of using.

GTR Gr3. - Suzuka GTR feels great. Nurbs 24 probs not going to enter but if I do solid pick and Barcelona it’s not bad. Ideally I’d have pick Porsche for these 3 rounds but factoring Gr4 the Cayman sucks!
Silvia Gr4 - in my test found the Silvia the better drive over the GTR.

Anyone on the DR B/A crossover? If so what race pace are people doing? I did a test race but with GT1 settings and I did 30 consistent laps at a 2:04. Fastest lap was 2:03.4. I’m not sure if 15/16 laps at 2:04 is fast enough?

I feel like us GT2/3 racers have been hard done by with having to balance your pick with a decent Gr3 and Gr4.

As for my pick, I’m going with Nissan. Didn’t really want to pick a manufacturer I’ve already used, so I was left with BMW, Nissan, Porsche, Ferrari, & Lexus. The others I’ve either used or have no intention of using.

GTR Gr3. - Suzuka GTR feels great. Nurbs 24 probs not going to enter but if I do solid pick and Barcelona it’s not bad. Ideally I’d have pick Porsche for these 3 rounds but factoring Gr4 the Cayman sucks!

Anyone on the DR B/A crossover? If so what race pace are people doing? I did a test race but with GT1 settings and I did 30 consistent laps at a 2:04. Fastest lap was 2:03.4. I’m not sure if 15/16 laps at 2:04 is fast enough?
I'm 1/4 A/S and did a lobby race at lunch (Rory's Stream)

Full 16 player grid 17 laps with GT1 multipliers doubled.

4 A+ 1 A (me) and the rest were B and C

The A+ guys QT was low 2:01 and mine a 2:03

Race pace the A+ guys was 2:01-2:02s

My A pace was 2:03s

And the B/C peeps were 2:03s and slower

In GT2 it's definitely a no stopper unless there is going to be weather. I'd also imagine the same no stopper in GT1

Last edited:
This is my first time trying the Manufacturer's Cup (GT2 level). How often does PD make weather a factor in these GTWS races? Is that something worth preparing for?

PD only listed the Racing Tires under 'Usable tires' of the race details in their announcement, not IM or W. Does that mean anything?

@TheNormsk posted his settings on the Daily Race thread from last week's Race B at Suzuka here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-daily-race-discussion.404847/post-14090525

His settings work well in practice for the Porsche, okish time 2:02:055 and I did some smaller mistakes.

It is obv with tyre wear so brake bias +2 will affect the rear tyres and I will get in trouble later on (GT1)? I am a noob when it comes to settings etc.

Last edited:

MR cars are twitchy until you get a handle of them. Once you start to feel comfortable with the MR Honda NSX you will love it in the rain. MR cars are great in the rain.

I'm 1/4 A/S and did a lobby race at lunch (Rory's Stream)

Full 16 player grid 17 laps with GT1 multipliers doubled.

4 A+ 1 A (me) and the rest were B and C

The A+ guys QT was low 2:01 and mine a 2:03

Race pace the A+ guys was 2:01-2:02s

My A pace was 2:03s

And the B/C peeps were 2:03s and slower

In GT2 it's definitely a no stopper unless there is going to be weather. I'd also imagine the same no stopper in GT1
Thanks for this 👍🏻👍🏻
Ok so my pace is there or there abouts then. I’m sure I can do mid-high 2:03s

I ran a full 35 lapper at suzuka last night. Since this is my first foray into GT1, I went with Genesis again (I ran it in the last manu) to have something I know and am comfortable driving. (And it seems like the meta every week now.)

I was not really competitive last week at suzuka and the genesis was not my choice for that track. In my simulation, I was driving conservatively but my pace was only 2:04s at best, lots of 2:05s. I had to pit once because of stupid AI tricks. (Actually, I pitted twice because I got in a hurry and clicked right through the 'don't repair' button - Be Carefull!!) Seems hard for me to keep a blistering pace over an hour or so.

I didn't simulate any rain; without rain it is a no-stopper. The hard tires held up, but I started having to brake earlier in the latter half of the race. (I'm notoriously bad with tires). I suppose if I have to stop for repair, I would go ahead and change tires.

So, my first GT1 series, I plan to treat this as a learning experience and not worry too much about my placement. I'll probably drop to DR B before this thing is over. I'll be the one with a 'Baby on Board' sticker, driving around the back slowly and carefully! I could even see myself getting lapped or at least timed out before I finish. Again, learning, it's all good.

Since you can alter the dampers in the Suzuka round, try softning the compression in the front, and a bit too in the rear.
Extension/decompression you can either stiffen a bit in the rear, or keep it stock, and soften the front a bit

Last edited:

I picked Nissan as well. Do you have any idea about the fuel map, suspension, or brake settings? I've only done the free practice so far and it's very hard to tell without the wear and fuel consumption. I plan on simulating via time trial later today or early tomorrow before the races start.

If you want to set up a lobby, with the race settings, you should check out the website (gt-engine.com). I've been using it since sport. They give all the info you need, time of day, weather, tires and everything you need. They have the weather listed as S01 for this race and I have never seen them get it wrong.

Last edited:
I picked Nissan as well. Do you have any idea about the fuel map, suspension, or brake settings? I've only done the free practice so far and it's very hard to tell without the wear and fuel consumption. I plan on simulating via time trial later today or early tomorrow before the races start.
Suzuka - GT1 fuel not an issue, tyres you can no stop, but some suggest you could 1 stop, but I guess it ll depends on the field spread with damage. GT2 easy no stop. just a straight out sprint. As for Brake Bias I like to run it forward so I run -3 or -2. Dampers/Suspension I've not really looked into this as I'm not too sure how the settings work. but in my test race I did 2 clicks down/softer on the rear and left the front as it was.

As I'm GT2 league I have Gr4 cars for round 2 & 3 - Using the Silvia. Im not fuel saving as both tracks you lose too much time on hard trying to save 4-5 laps of fuel. Use soft tyres and the mandatory. Again BB I run -3/-2 to the front. Suspension I left it as it was and it felt nice for me

Back