2023 Honda Accord Officially Unveiled- Better or Blander than Before?

Just read prices for the new Accord. $65,000 Australian dollars. Holy guacamole!

It's going to be even rarer seeing these. Sales reports had last year's model at least than 150 in traffic! I don't know how well Accords are selling in the USA, but this may be a case where the Accord name transfers to or gets shared billing with an SUV version.

Just read prices for the new Accord. $65,000 Australian dollars. Holy guacamole!

It's going to be even rarer seeing these. Sales reports had last year's model at least than 150 in traffic! I don't know how well Accords are selling in the USA, but this may be a case where the Accord name transfers to or gets shared billing with an SUV version.
They are selling pretty well here...anecdotally I see more of them than the new Camry. I wish I didn't though, because I don't like them at all (despite my earlier posts more in favor of the design). Honda has had some good designs out lately, but the new Accord is not one of them. Swing and a miss.

Last edited:
I really have forgotten how flipped it is over here than in the USA. Camry and Mazda6(when it was selling) were the hot selling models and Accords were low volume. In its lifespan, Accord Euro sold more than the bigger Accord 75,000 to 52,000, respectively. Plus, the Euro was still selling well. Shame Japan cancelled it. The Civic is pretty much the halo car for JDM Honda. Though I did read a new Accord Type R rumour travelling the net.

As for the 2024 design, yeah, I can only guess it almost looks like the Gen 2 in the nose, but wow, it’s longer than a new A6! I’m so out of the Honda/Acura loop I forgot about the TLX and Integra. Re-educating myself.
1723580405432.jpeg

1723580518202.png

I forgot this car existed until I seen one in a classic Toronto traffic jam a couple weeks back. It’s grown on me a bit, it’s invisible and I like that.

I bought a 2019 Camry during the pandemic and had to return it in a week because:
A) I couldn't adjust carplay while the car was moving, AT ALLLLLLLL
B) I couldn't turn on the circulate cabin air while the defrost is on. The amount of exhaust fumes was unreal.
So sadly, I'll never touch another Toyota ever. Thankfully, I traded it in and didn't lose a penny cause used car prices were just starting to go nuts :lol:

I've been in my Accord ever since and I don't have any complaints. I think it's intentional that Honda made the choices they did in the specs and design of the car. It's not like they took some 911 frame and slapped a couple rear doors on it, resulting in a watered down car and branding. It's a tall man's Civic and family car.

Jerome

Last edited:
I've been seeing a lot of Civics, but not a whole lot of the new Accord unless it's just been blending in.
The newer Civics are nearly as big as Accords anyway, makes them hard to distinguish between one another.

Ok which one is is the new Accord?

2024_acura_tlx_front.jpgmlp-img-ext-2023-accord.jpg

IMO, The Acura is the better accord, espceially in that Type S variant with the funny quad pipes, it's more sporty pace, feel and styling appeals better to me and Honda could have pitched it like a Guilia Rivalling car, its just a bloody shame neither are sold in the UK, bloody hell!

ZEE
Ok which one is is the new Accord?

View attachment 1381221View attachment 1381222

IMO, The Acura is the better accord, espceially in that Type S variant with the funny quad pipes, it's more sporty pace, feel and styling appeals better to me and Honda could have pitched it like a Guilia Rivalling car, its just a bloody shame neither are sold in the UK, bloody hell!
If Ford and Vauxhall can't sell whatever a potential 2024 Mondeo or Insignia would be, Honda isn't likely to shift any Accords in this day and age. Mazda no longer has a 6, Jaguar has just dropped the XE. It's just not a fashionable size segment right now. Especially as BMW and Merc do saloon versions of their size-smaller 1/2-series and A-class as well as the Audi A3, which are probably roomy enough for those who prefer what a saloon offers over a hatchback or SUV.

Back