2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 97 comments
The Houston Texans unveiled their new uniforms today. This was the work of fan input in trying to put together a new look and new identity for the Texans. This video basically encapsulates the hustle and character of Houston with the new Texans uniforms:

Personally, I like these new Houston Texans uniforms a lot. The numbers and fonts appear sharper and more edgy but not overaggressive. The stylized "H" looks great while having some hints of Oilers blue. I am not blown away by the new uniforms, but I strongly like the new uniforms. So I'm going to give this an "A" or at worst, an "A-".

The NFL Draft begins tomorrow night. My Houston Texans won't be making picks until Friday. Now for some new uniform talk.

People here in Houston are still raving over the new Houston Texans uniforms. I seen a number of videos breaking down each uniform and all of their details. The Texans claimed they've had literally thousands of fans discuss what they wanted to see in making the new uniforms for the past two years. Not saying this as a homer, but I think the Texans have perhaps the best newer uniforms of all teams that changed things up, and now I'm even more excited for the 2024 NFL season to start seeing the new Texans threads.

Elsewhere regarding uniforms...

* I think the New York Jets got some nice new uniforms. Green is not my favorite color (blue is), but I tend to like the dark green of the Jets as much as I do the green for the modern Philadelphia Eagles.

* My Texans aren't the only surging NFL team of late- another on-the-rise team is Joey D's Detroit Lions. Detroit's newer uniforms look okay to me, though. I wasn't really blown away on the newer style.

* Most of the ones people did not like as much are the newer Denver Broncos uniforms. However, their "Orange Crush" throwbacks from the 1970s are very cool.

If any of you seen the newer uniforms, what do you think about certain uniforms unveiled by teams lately?

From Detroit, the 2024 NFL Draft begins TONIGHT! The lives of many a college football player who declared for the Draft will be in for this life-changing event. Who will go where? Be sure to watch to see what players get drafted and to what teams starting tonight.

I was hoping we'd take a flyer on JJ/Penix, but it was obvious we'd get a WR since we let Saquon walk and we (incorrectly) gave DJ lots of money. This receiver isn't going to do much good because A) No O Line B) No more Saquon/run game and C) DJ's ceiling has been reached. I bet we'll get an even better draft spot next year! :lol:

Jerome

QB is by far the most important position, so maybe Atlanta is ahead of the game in having 2 starters ready. Cousins isn't exactly an ironman.

My Steelers took a tackle for the 2nd year running, which is very boring and also the absolute correct thing to do. Sort out the blocking now and then figure out the QB situation, so whoever we go with long-term has some chance of staying upright. We had no chance of getting a franchise guy this year anyway.

The 1st rd was very interesting. I would have preferred that the Jets took Bowers but I have no problem with them taking an Olineman especially since Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season in a couple of years. I don't understand why Buffalo basically hand the Chiefs Xavier Worthy. That's all Mahomes needs a Tyreek Hill type receiver.

The Houston Texans' 2024 NFL Draft went like this:

• Rd. 2, 42: Kamari Lassiter (CB, Georgia)
  • Rd. 2, 59: Blake Fisher (T, Notre Dame)
  • Rd. 3, 78: Calen Bullock (S, USCal)
  • Rd. 4, 127: Cade Stover (TE, Ohio State)
  • Rd. 6, 188: Jamal Hill (LB, Oregon)
  • Rd. 6, 205: Jawhar Jordan (RB, Louisville)
  • Rd. 7, 238: Solomon Byrd (DE, USCal)
  • Rd. 7, 247: Marcus Harris (DT, Auburn)
  • Rd. 7, 249: Ladarius Henderson (G, Michigan)

I haven't studied any of the picks, but I welcome the newest Texans.

Not knowing college football at all. Panthers seem have done a good job overall with the draft. Understandable there's some question marks with Xavier Lagette (how good is his Southern accent, btw? lol) not having much production outside of last year and Jonathon Brooks coming off an ACL. But Bryce Young needed weapons and they've at least given him some now.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about college football to say if Keon Coleman will be a good pick for the Bills, but he's already one of my favourite players. Check out his press conference and other intro vids, that young man is going to be a star.

During the latest NFL Draft, I was meaning to mention... I saw an interesting pick Joey D's Detroit Lions drafted. They drafted an offensive tackle out of British Columbia, Canada named Giovanni Manu. He goes 6'7", 350 lbs- A GIANT! Detroit had an awesome season last season. They can only get better. Hopefully MoTown can go platinum if they can reach (and perhaps win) the Super Bowl some time soon.

The Houston Texans in 2024... here's the schedule (! = division (AFC South) game):

• SEP 8: at IND Colts!
  • SEP 15: CHI Bears (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • SEP 22: at MIN Vikings
  • SEP 29: JAX Jaguars!
  • OCT 6: BUF Bills
  • OCT 13: at NE Patriots
  • OCT 20: at GB Packers
  • OCT 27: IND Colts!
  • OCT 31: at NYJ Jets (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NOV 10: DET Lions (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NOV 18: at DAL Cowboys (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NOV 24: TEN Titans!
  • DEC 1: at JAX Jaguars!
~~~ bye week ~~~
  • DEC 15: MIA Dolphins
  • DEC 21: at KC Chiefs
  • DEC 25: BAL Ravens (on Netflix)
  • (JAN 4 2025 or JAN 5 2025): at TEN Titans!

The Texans' first regular season game is on September 8, 2024. Have a baller previous season, you get a baller upcoming season. How much more can the Texans improve? It will be interesting to see if the Texans can take that next step forward and truly be a contender.

So... that's my beloved NFL team. How about the schedule for your favorite team(s)?

How about the schedule for your favorite team(s)?

Horrendous, brutal, just nuts. Starting with 3 of 4 on the road, ending with 6 of the last 8 games against 2023 playoff teams.
NFL hates my Steelers.

Last edited:
Well, Fezzik, let's see your 2024 schedule:

--- Pittsburgh Steelers' 2024 Schedule ---
(! = division (AFC North) game)

• SEP 8: at ATL Falcons
  • SEP 15: at DEN Broncos
  • SEP 22: LAC Chargers
  • SEP 29: at IND Colts
  • OCT 6: DAL Cowboys
  • OCT 13: at LV Raiders
  • OCT 20: NYJ Jets
  • OCT 28: NYG Giants
  • NOV 10: at WAS Commanders
  • NOV 17: BAL Ravens!
  • NOV 21: at CLE Browns!
  • DEC 1: at CIN Bengals!
  • DEC 8: CLE Browns!
  • DEC 15: at PHI Eagles
  • DEC 21: at BAL Ravens!
  • DEC 25: KC Chiefs
  • JAN 1 2025: CIN Bengals!

Wow... what a Christmas present you're getting- the two-time defending Super Bowl Champs. You do get my Texans on August 9 in the Preseason. Yeah, this is BRUTAL. Just the stretch from hosting the Ravens to hosting the Bengals has me gravely concerned for the Steelers. I agree with you, mate. Could be a LOOOOONG season. Keep good faith, though.

[UPDATE] I had DEN Broncos twice. They face the Chargers in Week 3, not the Broncos.

Last edited:
So the Falcon got penalized for tampering with Cousins:

The punishment? One fifth round pick. If that's the punishment now, then all teams should just tamper. Unless, the NFL thinks drafting Penix in the first round when you don't need a QB is punishment enough.

So the Falcon got penalized for tampering with Cousins:

The punishment? One fifth round pick. If that's the punishment now, then all teams should just tamper. Unless, the NFL thinks drafting Penix in the first round when you don't need a QB is punishment enough.
:lol: Truth.

Jerome

We are less than a month away from the first of the Preseason games. So it won't be long until we get our first look at the new talent and some of the returning talent. My Houston Texans will be in the Hall of Fame Game against the Chicago Bears on August 1.

The new football season is a-comin'. You ready?

[UPDATE] I had "DEN Broncos" twice in previewing the Steelers' 2024 season. I changed it. After DEN, they take on the LAC Chargers. Changes made.

Last edited:
Longtime defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, has died today. He was 84 years old and was best known for introducing the Tampa 2 defense. He has had success in college and pros as a coach. His youngest son, Chris Kiffin, is the linebackers coach for the Houston Texans. My condolences go out to all who known and loved Monte Kiffin.

Also, I want to extend my condolences to Minnesota Viking, Khyree Jackson, after he was killed in a car crash last weekend along with a few others. Khyree Jackson was only 24(?) years old.

Oh no! :( Jacoby Jones used to play for the Houston Texans, so that news kind of hits hard for me. My condolences to all who known and loved Jacoby Jones.

Any time I see someone die so young it hits home. I think about all the people I knew who didn't make it past 40

This upcoming season of NFL football is still a long way away. So to pass the time and get people into the new season, I may go ahead and discuss certain teams from fellow GTPlaneteers.

Who Dey? This post is a look Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals. Here is the 2024 schedule for them cats from Cincinnati...

--- Cincinnati Bengals 2024 Schedule ---
(LEGEND: ! = division (AFC North) game)

• SEP 8: NE Patriots
  • SEP 15: at KC Chiefs
  • SEP 23: WAS Commanders
  • OCT 6: BAL Ravens!
  • OCT 13: at NYG Giants
  • OCT 20: at CLE Browns!
  • OCT 27: PHI Eagles
  • NOV 3: LV Raiders
  • NOV 7: at BAL Ravens!
  • NOV 17: at LAC Chargers
  • DEC 1: PIT Steelers!
  • DEC 9: at DAL Cowboys
  • DEC 15: at TEN Titans
  • DEC 19: CLE Browns!
  • DEC 29: DEN Broncos
  • JAN 5, 2025: at PIT Steelers!

The Cincinnati Bengals ended last season with a record of 9-8, last in the competitive AFC North. The one thing I wonder is how the Bengals can operate without the likes of Joe Mixon (now with my Texans). I do have my doubts on the Bengals this upcoming season. If Cincinnati wants to make a statement, they got to hold down the Ravens in their division. Their in-state rivals, the Cleveland Browns, will also be a threat. Pittsburgh is usually a tough out any season. We'll see how Cincy does in 2024.

An extra note to pass along is that Chicago secured deals with QB Caleb Williams and WR Rome Odunze. Caleb's deal is four-years for $39M with a $25.5M signing bonus. Rome's deal is a four-year deal for $22.7M and a $13.3M signing bonus.

I hope to do more previews and schedule talk in the future before the season starts proper. If you're a fan of a certain team, don't be afraid to speak up. We can always talk about the upcoming season for our favorite teams. Or, you could even discuss your own favorite team(s) schedule(s). cue Cody Rhodes "So, GTPlanet... what do you want to talk about?"

Last edited:
Last time, I discussed one pack of cats. Now, I discuss another. This time... Joey D's Detroit Lions.

---Detroit Lions 2024 Schedule ---
(LEGEND: ! = division (NFC North) game)

• SEP 8: LAR Rams
  • SEP 15: TB Buccaneers
  • SEP 22: at ARI Cardinals
  • SEP 30: SEA Seahawks
  • OCT 13: at DAL Cowboys
  • OCT 20: at MIN Vikings!
  • OCT 27: TEN Titans
  • NOV 3: at GB Packers!
  • NOV 10: at HOU Texans
  • NOV 17: JAX Jaguars
  • NOV 22: at CHI Bears!
  • DEC 5: GB Packers!
  • DEC 15: BUF Bills
  • DEC 22: at CHI Bears!
  • DEC 30: at SF 49ers
  • JAN 5, 2025: MIN Vikings!

Those cats from MoTown got a nice foundation going. The Detroit Lions won the NFC North and finished the regular season with a 12-5 record. They made it all the way to the NFC Championship game and were one win away from making the Super Bowl. If the Lions can build off of last season, they may have a chance to make the Super Bowl, and maybe even win it. Their biggest opposition in conference will be Green Bay. Minnesota is a tough customer also in the NFC North. Chicago could be tough based on how newcoming QB Caleb Williams does. If Chicago has a run like what my Houston Texans had last year, Chicago could be a viable threat to Detroit in the NFC North. I just wonder if Detroit can build off of last season and try to go better and further than last season.

For another round of team previews, I figured I'll talk a little New York City. But who, because there are two teams there? I'll talk about those Jets for this one. Here is what Blitz24's Jets have to deal with in 2024...

--- New York Jets 2024 Regular Season Schedule ---
(LEGEND: ! = division (AFC EAST) game)

• SEP 9: at SF 49ers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • SEP 15: at TEN Titans
  • SEP 19: NE Patriots!
  • SEP 29: DEN Broncos
  • OCT 6: vs. MIN Vikings « game played at Tottenham Hotspur New Stadium in London, England, UK
  • OCT 14: BUF Bills!
  • OCT 20: at PIT Steelers
  • OCT 27: at NE Patriots!
  • OCT 31: HOU Texans
  • NOV 10: at ARI Cardinals
  • NOV 17: IND Colts
~bye week~
  • DEC 1: SEA Seahawks
  • DEC 8: at MIA Dolphins!
  • DEC 15: at JAX Jaguars
  • DEC 22: LAR Rams
  • DEC 29: at BUF Bills!
  • JAN 5, 2025: MIA Dolphins!

The New York Jets finished 7-10 last season, 3rd in the AFC East. I always thought the Jets and Giants usually play each other every season. Or maybe they play every so often, like how my Texans and Cowboys usually play every four years in the regular season. According to ESPN, the Jets were 30th in passing yards (171.7), tied for 22nd in rushing yards (96.9), 29th in the NFL in points for (15.8), and 12th in points against (20.9). Not very good. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers and company can find a way to turn this team around in 2024. Buffalo and Miami are going to be plenty tough against the Jets in their division. Can the Jets figure it out? Find out this upcoming season!

As a side note, I found out I was accidentally doing the Miami Dolphins' schedule while I was trying to do the Jets' schedule! I had to re-do everything so I got the right team, because I saw the final game was against the Jets. Like... what team plays against themselves in a season? All to find out I did the wrong team. That's okay. I'll revisit the Dolphins' schedule in the future.

The key to the Jets season is the offensive line. If they can keep Aaron Rodgers healthy they will have a good season and make the playoffs. He doesn't have to the Aaron Rodgers of old just not an old Aaron Rodgers. He can still make all of the throws but we have to see how moves in the pocket.

wayward pines GIF

I mentioned the New York Jets in a previous post. What about the other New York City team? Let's get to that. Coming up... the New York Giants' schedule...

--- New York Giants 2024 Regular Season Schedule ---
(LEGEND: ! = division (NFC EAST) game)

• SEP 8: MIN Vikings
  • SEP 15: at WAS Commanders!
  • SEP 22: at CLE Browns
  • SEP 26: DAL Cowboys!
  • OCT 6: at SEA Seahawks
  • OCT 13: CIN Bengals (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • OCT 20: PHI Eagles
  • OCT 28: at PIT Steelers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NOV 3: WAS Commanders!
  • NOV 10: vs. CAR Panthers « game played at Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany
~bye week~
  • NOV 24: TB Buccaneers
  • NOV 28: at DAL Cowboys!
  • DEC 8: NO Saints
  • DEC 15: BAL Ravens
  • DEC 22: at ATL Falcons
  • DEC 29: IND Colts
  • JAN 5, 2025: at PHI Eagles!

The New York Giants finished 3rd in the NFC East with a record of 6-11. Well, I'm sure the Giants know the Cowboys and Eagles are tough customers in the NFC East. They'll have to do a lot to try to take down those two in their division. Their best stat from last season is their 110.2 rushing yards, good for 16th in the NFL last season. Most other stats last season have been pretty rough- 31st in passing yards (169.8), 30th in points for (15.6), and 26th in points against (23.9). Maybe the Giants can find a way to improve their stats from last season. Who knows? If good enough, they may be able to sneak into the Playoffs via an NFC Wild Card. Anything can happen...

Shaq Barrett abruptly retired, which kind of sucks for the Dolphins but is great for NYJ. Hopefully the fins rookies pan out.

You remember I said I accidentally covered the Miami Dolphins' schedule while trying to work on another? Well, this time it is no accident. Let's talk about Omnis' Miami Dolphins in 2024...

--- Miami Dolphins 2024 Regular Season Schedule ---
(LEGEND: ! = division (NFC EAST) game)

• SEP 8: JAX Jaguars
  • SEP 12: BUF Bills!
  • SEP 30: TEN Titans (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • OCT 6: at NE Patriots!
~bye week~
  • OCT 20: at IND Colts
  • OCT 27: ARI Cardinals
  • NOV 3: at BUF Bills!
  • NOV 11: at LAR Rams (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NOV 17: LV Raiders
  • NOV 24: NE Patriots!
  • NOV 28: at GB Packers
  • DEC 8: NYJ Jets
  • DEC 15: at HOU Texans
  • DEC 22: SF 49ers
  • DEC 29: at CLE Browns
  • JAN 5, 2025: at NYJ Jets!

The Miami Dolphins finished last season tied with Buffalo for the AFC East lead- 11-6, but Miami ended up with an AFC Wild Card berth. I do think the Dolphins are pretty tough. Maybe the best of the three Florida teams. Their toughest opposition is surely the Buffalo Bills. Unless the Jets (or even the Patriots) sneak up and become instant contenders, I do think Miami's AFC East hopes hinge on trying to take down those boys from upstate New York. If Miami doesn't win the AFC East, I can see them snatch another AFC Wild Card berth.

I am not going to preview every team. I am mostly doing teams I know GTPlaneteers may be fans of. You all can always let me and others in on your favorite teams. Maybe I'll feature as many teams before even the first Preseason game. Anyhow, I'll turn the spotlight over to the Carolina Panthers. Here is the schedule for the cats from Charlotte:

--- Carolina Panthers' 2024 Regular Season Schedule ---
(LEGEND: ! = division (NFC South) game)

• SEP 8: at NO Saints!
  • SEP 15: LAC Chargers
  • SEP 22: at LV Raiders
  • SEP 29: CIN Bengals
  • OCT 6: at CHI Bears
  • OCT 13: ATL Falcons!
  • OCT 20: at WAS Commanders
  • OCT 27: at DEN Broncos
  • NOV 3: NO Saints!
  • NOV 10: vs. NYG Giants « game played at Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany
~bye week~
  • NOV 24: KC Chiefs
  • DEC 1: TB Buccaneers!
  • DEC 8: at PHI Eagles
  • DEC 15: DAL Cowboys
  • DEC 22: ARI Cardinals
  • DEC 29: at TB Buccaneers!
  • JAN 5, 2025: at ATL Falcons!

The Carolina Panthers finished the 2023 season with a 2-15 record, dead last in the NFC South. A number of folks probably wished the Panthers drafted CJ Stroud or somebody. Sadly for me, one of Carolina's only two wins last season was against my Texans (we should have won that game). That was the Panthers' first win last season. The 2024 season is going to be pretty tough for Carolina. All of the other NFC South teams are fairly tough for Carolina to try to get even 3rd in the NFC South. You never know, though- a team can be sorry one season and then somehow explode to contender status the following season. So always be hopeful.

Can you believe we are only a week away from the first of the NFL Preseason games for 2024? It is time to get psyched for the 2024 NFL season. The first game will be the Hall of Fame Game between the Houston Texans and the Chicago Bears. Of course, Preseason doesn't amount to anything towards the regular season or postseason. Just get your favorite teams warmed up and ready for the 2024 regular season.

Back