2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 163 comments
Houston Texans DE, Denico Autry, has been suspended for six games for performance-enhancing drugs (PED). This will hurt the Texans in trying to build off of their awesome 2023 season.

I'll be honest @JohnBM01, I'm still a little skeptical on Stroud's abilities. If he is still successful this season after defenses and DCs adjusted to him, he'll be a phenom, and if he keeps his nose clean. I hope he does great things, but all too many times I've seen the sophmore slump. GL this season buddy!

Jerome

I'll be honest @JohnBM01, I'm still a little skeptical on Stroud's abilities. If he is still successful this season after defenses and DCs adjusted to him, he'll be a phenom, and if he keeps his nose clean. I hope he does great things, but all too many times I've seen the sophmore slump. GL this season buddy!

Jerome
Fair assessment. If I learned anything about being a sports fan, you can be as excited as can be for your favorite teams and players, being too excited or too confident can leave you in disappointment. CJ Stroud set the table big time last season. Now, how does he and the Houston Texans build upon that? A lot of Texans fans feel this year or sometime soon will be the time the Texans make it to the Super Bowl and maybe even win it. If the New Orleans Saints could make their first-ever Super Bowl and win it, so can any team, including the Texans. I'll only believe the hype when I see it.

Been following training camp stuff for the Jets and right now the defense is dominating the offense at the last couple of practices. I'm hoping it just a sign of a really dominant defense and just not a sorry offense. We'll see once the season starts

1722530264439.png

I don't care that it's pre-season. I don't care that it's meaningless. I don't even care if it's two teams that mean nothing to me. Football's back baby!

View attachment 1377280

I don't care that it's pre-season. I don't care that it's meaningless. I don't even care if it's two teams that mean nothing to me. Football's back baby!
You know it, @Fezzik ! :) Yes- the Hall of Fame Game starts tonight between my Houston Texans and the Chicago Bears. Andre Johnson is being honored in making the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He's the first-ever Houston Texan to make the HOF. CHI will not have Caleb Williams play.

As with any Preseason game, they don't matter anything towards the regular season or the postseason. Just get your team(s) ready to start a new season and keep everybody healthy. Enjoy the Hall of Fame Game if you will be watching!

I like the more fierce Houston Texans uniforms. Davis Mills is starting at QB for Houston. No real starters for either team are in the game. So no CJ Stroud or Caleb Williams starting.

Due to inclement weather, the game was called. And in the end, it was 21-17, Chicago called in the 3rd Quarter. The Texans' defense kind of regressed a great deal mostly late in the first half and through the 3rd Quarter. For a defense as feisty as the Texans, they got to try to maintain that SWARM (special work ethic and relentless mindset) mentality that made them so baller on defense.

Anyhow... preseason game No. 1 done. Plenty more to come. So get psyched about the 2024 season!

Houston and Chicago played their first Preseason game already. This week is where the other 30 teams will get to start their Preseason. My Texans will be at the Pittsburgh Steelers this Friday night for the Texans' second Preseason game. Hopefully you all get to see your favorite team(s) gear up for the upcoming regular season.

Houston and Chicago played their first Preseason game already. This week is where the other 30 teams will get to start their Preseason. My Texans will be at the Pittsburgh Steelers this Friday night for the Texans' second Preseason game. Hopefully you all get to see your favorite team(s) gear up for the upcoming regular season.
Should be fun. I can see why people think highly of Justin Fields, so much ability if he can put it all together. I suspect Russell Wilson may be Steelers QB1 for one season at most.

Some strong units for the rest of the team, the linebackers especially, but also some weaknesses. The secondary is 50% good (JPJr and Fitz), 50% useless. We only have 1 reliable WR. The offensive line will be okay once the 2 high draft picks are ready but early on things look a bit iffy.

I'm expecting a slow start in preseason and the proper games (3 of 4 on the road including a trip up to Mile High), but hopefully the results come eventually and we can sneak into the playoffs. Will be tough as ever in the AFC North.

Tonight continues the 2024 NFL Preseason. Remember none of these games matter towards anything. Just keep everyone healthy. If you want to discuss how some of the new talent and returning talent have fared in their Preseason, feel free to discuss.

Lions football is back and I'm so happy. Hopefully, between now and February, I only have to go without Lions football during the week between the pre-season and regular season, the bye, the first-round bye in the playoffs, and the week before the Super Bowl.

*Sips Kool-Aid

HEADS UP! Tonight in the NFL:

• CAR Panthers at NE Patriots
  • DET Lions at NYG Giants

Both games are underway as I type this. So enjoy you some Preseason NFL!

It was 20-12 as the Houston Texans downed the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh. I mostly saw the first quarter of this game. I did see that Houston was up 20-6 after three quarters. AFC North will be tough, but I think the Steelers will put up a great fight in the AFC North this season. So good luck to your Steelers in 2024, Fezzik.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week!

[OMISSION] It was reported that Jacoby Jones died of cardiovascular disease.

Last edited:
First time in this thread, I became a Jets fan due to constant pestering from a friend from New Jersey and for the last 10 years I've been slightly more depressed than I otherwise could have been. Somehow sticking with the team through the whole Adam Gase thing and finally Culminating in a season that lasted 4 plays last season...

I really should have learned by now but I'm looking forward to the new season. I would have liked another veteran WR signed. Lazard is still too high on the depth chart for my liking.

OL upgrades are the source of most hopes of an improvement. I find it hard to believe that Tyron Smith is going to survive a whole season on the Metlife turf though... 😫

Last edited:
It was 20-12 as the Houston Texans downed the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh. I mostly saw the first quarter of this game. I did see that Houston was up 20-6 after three quarters. AFC North will be tough, but I think the Steelers will put up a great fight in the AFC North this season. So good luck to your Steelers in 2024, Fezzik.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week!

[OMISSION] It was reported that Jacoby Jones died of cardiovascular disease.
1723598854641.png

GL this weekend buddy.

Sorry I totally spaced our game last week @Joey D If its any excuse, I did have Covid last week.

Jerome

JJ is missing the entire season. Puts new meaning to the term, ouch.

Jerome

Sorry I totally spaced our game last week @Joey D If its any excuse, I did have Covid last week.
You know, you didn't miss a damn thing other than have to suffer watching Nate Sudfeld play minor league football.

Man... awful news for the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikes will have to do with another QB to take JJ McCarthy's place. The 2024 season will be that bit tougher with this injury news. I still think Minnesota will put up a good season in the tough NFC North.

Man... awful news for the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikes will have to do with another QB to take JJ McCarthy's place. The 2024 season will be that bit tougher with this injury news. I still think Minnesota will put up a good season in the tough NFC North.
They carted Jordan Addison and Thayer Thomas off the field too.

Maybe I should take the G-Men week 1 🧐

Jerome

Since you're here, @Joey D , what is your outlook on the Detroit Lions on 2024? How do you think they'll do this upcoming season?

Since you're here, @Joey D , what is your outlook on the Detroit Lions on 2024? How do you think they'll do this upcoming season?
If they stay healthy, they have a shot to win the division; if there are any injuries to the core players, I think we're kind of screwed. We don't have a quality backup QB and our WR and OL seem iffy with depth. At RB, we're at least good if Montegomy or Gibbs goes down because Vaki is going to do awesome (I'm so happy they drafted him; I liked watching him at Utah). We're iffy on a kicker because Bates is an unknown in the NFL. He can drill 70-yarders in practice, but I don't think his accuracy is NFL levels.

I think as long as we stay reasonably healthy, we're going to make a push. As of right now, we have the pieces to go to the Super Bowl since we fixed our secondary, which was complete trash.

I'd like to see a Lions v. Bengals Super Bowl and I think this year has the best chance of that happening.

So the Jets trade for Hassan Reddick with a handshake agreement that they would rework his contract once he came into the building. BUT somewhere between then and the start of OTAs he changed his mind. So now he is holding out and wants to be traded. So the Jets gonna Jet. Same old Jets and every other cliche you can think that applies to the Jets. Now my take on this is both parties are at fault. I get Reddick is trying to get 1 last big deal and the Jets have to pay some of their younger players next year. So why not right the deal was done go ahead and convert his bonuses to the cash he was wanting while maintaining him on the last year of his deal. But this being the Jets they couldn't do that now they have a mess on their hands. They are the butt of jokes but they brought it on themselves.

Only one Preseason game on tonight. It's the Philadelphia Eagles at the New England Patriots starting at 7 PM Eastern Time. NFC East meets AFC East.

Get ready for another Saturday of NFL Preseason football. A lot of the games will be in the daytime. This is probably the point where rosters start getting trimmed. Some players may make the starting roster, some may go to the Practice Team, and some others may get cut entirely. So enjoy the NFL action coming up.

Back