2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 191 comments
It was 28-10 today here in Houston as the Houston Texans took care of the New York Giants in Preseason Game No. 3 of 4. Coolest play of the game for the Texans was in the 1st Quarter, where the NYG QB was about to be tackled for a safety but ended up tossing a desperation pass... that ended up in a Texan's hands for a pick six. The Texans led 14-10 at the half and would pitch a shutout on defense in the 2nd half. CJ Stroud started at QB then went to Case Keenum. Stefon Diggs was in the game and contributed. Nico Collins had a solid outing.

I most enjoy CJ Stroud's vision among all of his abilities. I do like Stroud's leadership, but I think his vision and awareness shine brighter. He'll need both of those qualities along with the offense stepping up for the Texans to have possibly their best-ever season.

Here is a funny note about this game. When Hurricane Beryl hit Houston, some of the roof panels of NRG Stadium were damaged. Even though NRG Stadium has a retractable roof, this game was counted as an "outdoor" game because of the openings in the roof. So each home game at NRG Stadium will be "outdoor" games until they repair the roof panels ripped off from Hurricane Beryl.

Houston's final 2024 NFL Preseason game will be at home against the Los Angeles Rams next Saturday at Noon.

Congratulations to all other Preseason game winners this week! And Jump_Ace, I hope your Giants have as great of a 2024 NFL season as they can muster.

I could only watch the first half of the game as I had to take my youngest swimming. And I'm glad we went :lol: That errant throw IN THE ENDZONE for a pick 6 is the defining reason why we shouldn't have paid Jones. We should've kept Saquon, basically at all costs, but it wouldn't have been 'at all costs', just a lil more. Maybe we would've won less games, maybe we'd have a rookie QB. I think either of those scenarios would be better than what we currently have. DJ ain't the guy! I don't care that he has the same temperament as Eli. He went to Duke FFS, he should have never been a Giant to begin with. Rant over.

Your Texans look like they never had an offseason break @JohnBM01, if y'all can contain Richardson, I think the div is yours.

Jerome

Why can't other teams beat the Chiefs? Are they stupid?

Seriously, I love the the Lions are like the Chiefs kryptonite. It's going to make it easier if we ever do play them in the Super Bowl.

Also, I know he's like an RB3 or RB4 but I'm still hyped for Vaki and love when he takes the field. If he can continue to improve he could become one of my favorite Lions.

Maybe my Texans can learn from Detroit when we play at Kansas City on December 21. Then too, that just gives me nightmares of the 2019(?) AFC match at Kansas City- up 21-0 after one quarter to lose BAD.

We have two games on tonight as the 2024 NFL Preseason continues. Tonight:

• GB Packers at DEN Broncos
  • NO Saints at SF 49ers

The Saints at 49ers game will be on FOX. So if you don't have any plans for Sunday night, why not watch that game?

If you wish, let us know about how your favorite team(s) is/are doing so far this preseason.

We should've kept Saquon, basically at all costs, but it wouldn't have been 'at all costs', just a lil more. Maybe we would've won less games, maybe we'd have a rookie QB.
What?! Saquon is gone? 😔
I think either of those scenarios would be better than what we currently have. DJ ain't the guy! I don't care that he has the same temperament as Eli. He went to Duke FFS, he should have never been a Giant to begin with.
I'm not really up to speed on college football - is Duke bad?

Between Thursday and Sunday, the NFL Preseason for 2024 will wrap up. Most of the 53-man rosters will be filled out by the end of this final set of Preseason games. Some good players may end up getting cut. Or, they may make up the Practice Squad.

On Thursday, we have an all Midwestern night of NFL football. The Indianapolis Colts will meet the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Chicago Bears will be at the two-time defending Champion Kansas City Chiefs.

The three Friday matches include Jacksonville Jaguars at the Atlanta Falcons, a Sunshine State Showdown between the Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the San Francisco 49ers at the Las Vegas Raiders.

Some (not all) of the Saturday matches are as follows with a lot of Noon games... my Houston Texans will host the Los Angeles Rams, Joey D's Detroit Lions will host Fezzik's Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Minnesota Vikings are at the Philadelphia Eagles. The battle for New York City will happen at 7:30 PM Eastern between the New York Jets vs. the New York Giants. The nightcap on Saturday will be the Cleveland Browns at the Seattle Seahawks.

Sunday's three games: Tennessee Titans at New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals at Denver Broncos, and New England Patriots at Washington Commanders.

You folks enjoy the final week of Preseason, ya' hear?!

Just a reminder... tonight begins the final Preseason games for 2024. Tonight is Colts at Bengals, and we also have Bears at Chiefs. Enjoy the action should you be watching or following.

Tonight...

• JAX Jaguars at ATL Falcons
  • MIA Dolphins at TB Buccaneers
  • SF 49ers at LV Raiders

Three more NFL Preseason games for you all tonight. From last night, it was 27-14 in Cincinnati as the Indianapolis Colts downed the Cincinnati Bengals. The Colts at Bengals game was shown on Thursday Night Football as I saw on Twitch. The Chicago Bears won 34-21 at the Kansas City Chiefs last night.

Remember that Preseason games don't mean anything towards the regular season or postseason. If your team wins all their Preseason games, good! If your team loses all of their Preseason games, that's good too. Just make sure to keep your players healthy as well as complete your 53-player roster for the season.

This is the final week of NFL Preseason. Build up those 53-player rosters and make ready for the new season, which starts up on September 5. Enjoy the action today and tonight!

The Houston Texans won 17-15 against the Los Angeles Rams in their final Preseason game. The Houston Texans complete the 2024 NFL Preseason with a 3-1 record. Their only loss was in the weather-shortened Hall of Fame Game against Chicago Bears. The Texans mostly had players fighting to join the 53-man roster for the regular season in today's game. First game of the 2024 regular NFL season is at our usual House of Horrors- Indianapolis Colts.

Congratulations to all other winners from this final stretch of Preseason games!

I'm ready for my afternoon nap while I watch the battle of the Turnpike.

Jerome

The 2024 NFL Preseason ends today. Today's three matches:

• TEN Titans at NO Saints
  • ARI Cardinals at DEN Broncos
  • NE Patriots at WAS Commanders

Be sure to enjoy any Preseason action that you can check out today. Players will learn their fates, wondering if they'll make the 53-man roster for the teams they are with.

Steelers went winless in the preseason - things can only get better from here. We hope.

Looking forward to the regular season:

I'm hopeful for a decent season from Russell Wilson. It will be nice having a competent QB again. Justin Fields will probably get a shot at some point as well. I see why he was highly rated out of college, and also why the Bears ran out of patience.

The offensive line should be okay once we integrate the 2 high draft picks. WR is a bit weak, especially if anything happens to Pickens. The linebackers and Fitzpatrick at safety will carry the defence. Finally we seem to have a good cover in Nick Herbig for when TJ Watt inevitable gets injured. Special teams will be a disaster as always outside of the kicker.

I do think they need to move on from Tomlin soon and give the whole organsation a kick in the backside, but we're stuck with him and likely another 9-8 season. Super Bowl thoughts are just fantasies.

Last edited:

willy-wonka-suspense.gif

Yep and Hassan Reddick still hasn't shown up. History tells us if he signs in the next week he will probably sometime early this season

Seems like the calm before a storm in here :lol:

I can't wait for the Thursday AND Friday night games this week!

Jerome

No more tune-ups. Rosters are set. Let's play for the opportunity to hoist the Lombardi Trophy!

Week 1 does not guarantee you any success or failure. You are not guaranteed or assured a spot in the Super Bowl; you are also not assured the first overall draft pick should you fail in Week 1. This is just the first game of a long season. Now let's get you ready for Week 1!

--- WEEK 1 PREVIEW ---
* Two-time defending Champions, the Kansas City Chiefs (I almost said Royals, but that's another sport), host a hungry Baltimore Ravens team on Opening Day on Thursday Night.

* In Sao Paulo, Brazil; the Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers will clash on Friday Night.

* The Houston Texans play at what has usually been their House of Horrors, and the site where they clinched their postseason berth last season- at the Indianapolis Colts. How will the defending AFC South Champion Texans start the 2024 season?

* The Pittsburgh Steelers will play with some Dirty Birds in Atlanta. The Atlanta Falcons host Pittsburgh.

* Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals will host the New England Patriots in lovely Cincinnati.

* Sunshine State Showdown for Omnis' Miami Dolphins as they will host the Jacksonville Jaguars.

* The Carolina Panthers know a hard season is ahead, and going to the Big Easy to meet the New Orleans Saints won't be so easy.

* The New York Giants will host the Minnesota Vikings in the shadow of New York City.

* AFC West meets NFC West as the Denver Broncos visit the Pacific Northwest's only NFL Team- the Seattle Seahawks.

* How bout dem Cowboys? Well, them Dallas Cowboys will hit the Midwest to meet the Cleveland Browns. Can the Brownies shut down them 'Boys?

* Sunday Night Football sees Joey D's Detroit Lions host the Los Angeles Rams. The cats from MoTown want to return to the NFC Championship game and maybe even make a Super Bowl run.

* The first Monday Night Football of 2024 happens in Santa Clara, CA as the San Francisco 49ers host Blitz24's New York Jets.

There are obviously many other games I didn't discuss, but this is the schedule among most of us active GTPlaneteers. You waited long enough. The NFL is back in full anger. Enjoy this week's games, whether they happen in North America or South America!

Last edited:
Rather annoyingly the Steelers season opener is on Sky Sports this Sunday in the UK. I don't have that and it means it'll be blacked out on Game Pass, which I was about to resubscribe to. I guess I'll have to watch Redzone instead and just catch the big plays.

Even though I want to see my Eagles play the Packers on Friday night - i refuse to subscribe to Peacock.

If i have to pay for watching Indy Car, the Tour De France or the Spanish Vuelta - F that. I can miss one game.

Besides, the Eagles have next weeks MNF game against the falcons. I'll be fine.

Heyyyyy, GTPlaneteers! Let me ask you a very important question... ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

It's showtime, GTPlanet! Ravens at Chiefs begin the quest in 2024 for the Lombardi Trophy. Get ready for another wild season of football as the National Football League's 32 teams all compete among themselves to play in Super Bowl LIX and play to become Champions. Who will be atop the NFL mountain this season? It all begins this week and this weekend.

Enjoy this week's games!

Even though I want to see my Eagles play the Packers on Friday night - i refuse to subscribe to Peacock.

If i have to pay for watching Indy Car, the Tour De France or the Spanish Vuelta - F that. I can miss one game.

Besides, the Eagles have next weeks MNF game against the falcons. I'll be fine.
If you golf or know someone that does, get Golfpass instead of a Peacock sub. It's cheaper than the whole year of peacock and they include it as a freebie with your GP sub.

Latest Posts

Back