2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 210 comments
Absurdly rigged game, I would have been mad even if the Ravens won. Full bias. The last drive was on them though, very close but that part is alright.

What I don’t understand is after Ronnie Stanley got called for 4th or 5th time for illegal formation someone would pull aside and say move up just a tad. The Ravens should have kept running the ball with Henry but it’s the 1st game they will get better.

It was 27-20 as the Kansas City Chiefs took down the Baltimore Ravens last night at home. It was almost 27-26 with a chance to force Overtime, but the Ravens' receiver had the tip of one of his feet on the out-of-bounds line. So the Chiefs start the 2024 NFL 1-0.

Tonight is the Green Bay Packers vs. the Philadelphia Eagles to be played in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Enjoy this game if you will be watching and/or following!

Imagine having Derrick Henry and your QB rushes for three times the amount of yards.

Also, that game showed that the NFL will continue to cuddle up to Kansas this year. It's boring for them to constantly get favourable officiating. Also, enough of Taylor Swift. Let her enjoy watching her boyfriend and quit hyping her up every game. I mean we don't need this headline:

Also, Swift really drawing up plays for the Chiefs? Come on, the NFL can get a better storyline than that.

Gruden's back. Still can't believe he's not in the league.

My Houston Texans will be at the Kansas City Chiefs way later this year. So I'm sure we'll get the 2019 nightmare of being up 21-0 after one quarter, only to lose 51-31. I am a "Swiftie" myself, but even I think the media can be a bit too crazy over Taylor Swift. Like... chill out a bit. "R-E-L-A-X," as a certain NFL player said.

By the way, the Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Green Bay Packers 34-29 last night in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I was loving the Eagles game. Jalen Hurts really needs to get his stuff together though. Two very bad interceptions.
Defense looks legit this year after last years disaster. Saquon Barkley over 100 yards and three scores.

Hope the injury to Jordan Love is not too serious.

I was loving the Eagles game. Jalen Hurts really needs to get his stuff together though. Two very bad interceptions.
Defense looks legit this year after last years disaster. Saquon Barkley over 100 yards and three scores.

Hope the injury to Jordan Love is not too serious.
It's being reported that it's an MCL strain:

Remember when Sundays were fun? Well, those times are back because the National Football League is back in business with the first meaningful Sunday of action! It is time to begin that 17-game grind across 18 weeks of competition. Good teams make it to the playoffs. Better teams make it to the Super Bowl. The best team will be Champions. It all begins with this stretch of games as most teams that haven't played yet officially start the new NFL season.

Enjoy today's games, including the Los Angeles Rams at Detroit Lions nightcap!

THIS JUST IN...

ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" reported that Miami's Tyreek Hill was arrested and released on a driving violation. He is told to play for Miami later today.

Time to begin the 2024 NFL Season. In what is usually the House of Horrors for the Houston Texans, the Indianapolis Colts still remember the crushing loss on the final regular season week of last season. Today is the first-ever time the Texans started the season in Indianapolis. This back-and-forth battle ended up with the Houston Texans winning 29-27. Stefon Diggs and Joe Mixon each found the end zone for Houston. It was 159 yards rushing for Joe Mixon in his Texans debut. This is now nine straight Division road game wins for Houston, and 11 straight opening week losses for the Colts. And let me say this right now- that Indianapolis QB, Anthony Richardson? He's good. Indy is going to be a threat in the AFC South. You Colts fans are sad to lose this game, but this guy is good, so don't worry.

Up next, we'll see you next Sunday on Sunday Night Football when the Chicago Bears come on down to H-Town. Bears at Texans. Chi-Town in H-Town next week.

Congratulations to all of this week's winners! How did your boys start the 2024 NFL season?

1725837507203.png

Jerome

Giants might be one of the worst teams in football this year. Only team I believe is 100% worse is Carolina but Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver and Pittsburgh are in the running as of now.
When is the draft, April...right?

Jerome

The back-to-back plays of an overturned touchdown followed by a would-be touchdown that instead resulted into a fumble into the endzone and recovered by the Patriots about summed up the day for Cincy. And they kept showing shots of Burrow shaking his hand. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hurt again. One week in, and it may already be a lost season.

Giants might be one of the worst teams in football this year. Only team I believe is 100% worse is Carolina but Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver and Pittsburgh are in the running as of now.
Hey! We don't belong on that list (yet). Beat the Falcons on the road, TJ Watt an unstoppable pass rushing machine, Justin Fields doing a very nice job filling in for Russell Wilson, our kicker (team MVP) nailing many long field goals. It was a decent start to the year.

Side note - Tom Brady is a terrible commentator. It makes me very happy.

Dak Prescott gets paid - 4 years / $240 million ( $80 million signing bonus )

* rolling on the floor laughing *
I'd rather have Dak than any other QB in the NFC East. Possibly the entire NFC (Toss up with Stafford).

Better to overpay a good QB than to roll with Daniel Jones for 5 seasons.

Joey D's Detroit Lions won at home 26-20 in Overtime. Now let's hype up the first Monday Night Football of the 2024 NFL Season. In case you're new to my previews, I usually give a quick overview of Monday Night games followed by information in case you are betting. So let me get started showcasing the first Monday Night game of the season...

Jets at 49ers TONIGHT!

--- INFORMATION ---
East meets West as the AFC East's New York Jets meet the NFC West's San Francisco 49ers.

• NYJ Jets at SF 49ers
  • FAVORED: SF (-3.5)
  • OVER/UNDER: 43.5 points

Tonight is the first game for Blitz24's New York Jets as they will jet their way into Santa Clara, California to meet the San Francisco 49ers. There is a great deal of hype with the Jets. Whether or not they can live up to this hype can determine whether or not they return home with a win tonight. The 49ers, meanwhile, want to start strong and make themselves a contender in the NFC.

Whether you a fan of either or both teams, have certain players on your fantasy teams, or just want to watch a good NFL game; enjoy tonight's game if you will be watching and/or following!

Hoping for a good game tonight. My father in law passed away a couple weeks ago and he was a 49ers fan, so I promised him I'd root for his team on his behalf this year. Pretty easy to do after the Vikings game yesterday :lol:

Jerome

Man the Lions impressed the hell out of me last night. The Lions of old would've just rolled over and died or only had a moral victory. There were some costly mistakes and penalties and the false starts were a bit annoying, but that stuff can be cleaned up. I had hope last year for the team, but this year I actually believe.

Time to begin the 2024 NFL Season. In what is usually the House of Horrors for the Houston Texans, the Indianapolis Colts still remember the crushing loss on the final regular season week of last season. Today is the first-ever time the Texans started the season in Indianapolis. This back-and-forth battle ended up with the Houston Texans winning 29-27. Stefon Diggs and Joe Mixon each found the end zone for Houston. It was 159 yards rushing for Joe Mixon in his Texans debut. This is now nine straight Division road game wins for Houston, and 11 straight opening week losses for the Colts. And let me say this right now- that Indianapolis QB, Anthony Richardson? He's good. Indy is going to be a threat in the AFC South. You Colts fans are sad to lose this game, but this guy is good, so don't worry.

Up next, we'll see you next Sunday on Sunday Night Football when the Chicago Bears come on down to H-Town. Bears at Texans. Chi-Town in H-Town next week.

Congratulations to all of this week's winners! How did your boys start the 2024 NFL season?
Amazing to see a run game in Houston for the first time since Arian Foster days. I'm really high on us this year. AFC champ game is what I'm looking at. Gonna be tough but the roster is there as long as health is positive.

H's up!

Back