2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

Yes. Decent races, though not a lot of overtaking.
Not a great weekend for the BMWs even with Turkington's race 1 win. He got roughed up by Ingram and Sutton in the other 2 races and Hill had problems in qualifying and was always chasing back in the races. Lost his championship lead.

3 different winners, 3 different cars, so the rules and tyre regs seem to be working quite well.
Gutted for Hill.

Yes. Decent races, though not a lot of overtaking.
Not a great weekend for the BMWs even with Turkington's race 1 win. He got roughed up by Ingram and Sutton in the other 2 races and Hill had problems in qualifying and was always chasing back in the races. Lost his championship lead.

3 different winners, 3 different cars, so the rules and tyre regs seem to be working quite well.
Eh, I disagree with the last part, the tyre rule is stupid, the differential on the hard is too big to be interesting.

I think they should ditch that, bring back the standard control tyre, equalise hybrid allowance (maybe introduce a 'rule' for when it can be used) and bring back success ballast. Hybrid restriction hasn't replaced that effectively enough, the racing has suffered overall as a consequence.

Some will argue that ballast is still an artificial technique to manufacturer close racing but in a series like this, it is essential otherwise everyone will just follow eachother around in cars that have more or less identical performance. The racing has gotten worse since they ditched it.

Honestly, respectfully hard disagree. Ditching the success ballast was a long time coming and ultimately the best decision made of these updated regs. Compared to the S2000's these NGTC cars have always carried weight well, so the ballast levels had become excessive just to take effect. And in doing so seemed to hamper FWD cars more than RWD's.

With the Hybrid allocation, whilst it's not perfect by any means (personally I think it still needs to be more powerful, given how it's distributed based on where you finished), it's a better solution. As the gap between front and rear wheel drive has been closed across all fronts it seems. Granted, with just WSR running RWD with the 330e's theres not much to compare against Vs all the FF chassis'. The tyre compound rule does need work, I feel the hard and soft used at Croft was a bit OTT, given the 1s+ delta between the two. But it did make for some interesting, if not predictable racing tactics 🤷‍♂️. And has worked so far this year otherwise 👍

As for the quality of racing? To be honest I don't think there's been much change, I definitely don't think it's gotten worse though. Given the grid size has shrunk a bit recently, some of that chaoticness, for want of a better description seems to have died down somewhat. Though at tight tracks like Oulton that's no bad thing I'd say.

Last edited:
Good P2 for Ingram, salvaged a tough weekend, back into the championship lead by 3 points.

Championship standings after Round 21

1 - Ingram - 278
2 - Hill - 275
3 - Sutton - 258
4 - Cammish - 236
5 - Turkington - 224
6 - Cook - 222
7 - Huff - 162
8 - Rowbottom - 158
9 - Chilton - 154
10 - Taylor-Smith - 151

Welcome to the all new TOCA Junior Championship spec car, the Chevron B1417. Powered by a 4cyl 1.9 liter bespoke TOCA engine, the series will feature 14-17 year olds running as a support to the BTCC with 30 races across 10 rounds. It's first season will be capped to 26 entries.

Last edited:
Holy nostalgia, Batman!
1723595358403.jpeg

1723595581771.jpeg

I would have preferred a four door sedan but that’s too cool! It’s like racing your first car built from the hand-me-down-family-grocery-getter. Pretty slick.

Last edited:
Welcome to the all new TOCA Junior Championship spec car, the Chevron B1417. Powered by a 4cyl 1.9 liter bespoke TOCA engine, the series will feature 14-17 year olds running as a support to the BTCC with 30 races across 10 rounds. It's first season will be capped to 26 entries.

Looks awesome!

Why do they want it to look like a 27 year old car though??? :confused:

Last edited:
Turkington takes round 1 at Donington ahead of Sutton, entertaining race. Great debut for Dan Zelos as well, finished ahead of Halstead and Chilton 2 of the other Hyundais, won't do him any harm if he wants to the seat till the end of the season.

Sutton wins Race 2 from Turks and Hill. Ingram out due to overheating caused by contact with Sutton.

Zelos in the points again.

Cammish wins Race 3 from Reverse Grid Pole.

Last edited:
Back