Shooting at the Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Election Rally

• Thread starter TheCracker
  • 395 comments
Not to be a malicious dick, but it's a pity it was only his ear. Not saying this because I dislike Trump (I do not like Trump), but this is the world he wants.

Through his rallies, especially when he feels that he's being treated unjustly, Trump tries to rally supporters and get them riled up, leaning on threats of violence that empower his fanatical supporters to violent acts like on January 6th, to death threats against judges families. This is Trumps world. If you don't get what you want naturally, react violently.

The problem is that when you apply force, you will meet an equal force. He empowers his supporters to violence, which in turn will cause some supporters of his opponents to also move to violence because they see it as the only way. Violence begets violence.

If the shooter had been successful, it may have stood as reason to examine exactly what the impact of his rhetoric is/was, and question if policians really should be acting the way Trump does.

Edit - because some people seem to think that "pity it was only his ear" means I regret that the shooting wasn't fatal - I don't want Trump dead. My comment is intended to frame that if the injury had been more severe, it may have given Trump cause to examine his violent rhetoric and what it leads to.

Last edited:
Not to be a malicious dick, but it's a pity it was only his ear. Not saying this because I dislike Trump (I do not like Trump), but this is the world he wants.

Through his rallies, especially when he feels that he's being treated unjustly, Trump tries to rally supporters and get them riled up, leaning on threats of violence that empower his fanatical supporters to violent acts like on January 6th, to death threats against judges families. This is Trumps world. If you don't get what you want naturally, react violently.

The problem is that when you apply force, you will meet an equal force. He empowers his supporters to violence, which in turn will cause some supporters of his opponents to also move to violence because they see it as the only way. Violence begets violence.

If the shooter had been successful, it may have stood as reason to examine exactly what the impact of his rhetoric is/was, and question if policians really should be acting the way Trump does.
Believe me, we’re all thinking the same thing. Before I even knew it happened a buddy texted me and all he said was “they almost got him”.

Least. Talented. Rifleman. Ever.

This just won him the election 👎

Jerome

Shameful comment. How can you? Does the forum allow it?

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Shameful comment. How can you? Does the forum allow it?
It’s an opinion, and on an American website we’re allowed to speak our opinions.

So…is Trump following Bolsonaro’s 2018 playbook or what?
Pretty sure Bolsonaro followed Trump’s 2016 playbook…and Trump followed other playbooks that time as well. The asshole playbook has a long lineage.

Last edited:

As much as I would love the conclusion to be "this is why we don't resort to extreme violence for political campaigns" if it did succeed. Something tells me the plan was doomed to be spun around against them from the start regardless of success due to the "us vs. them" mentality.

Aren't their other Republican politicians with the same mentality as Trump?

Last edited:
Debatable.

My crayons have been taken away before as a result of one of my “assessments” and/or opinions
I expect such action wasn't the result of you expressing opinion so much as the manner in which you chose to engage others.
No he doesn't.
Oops.

I expect such action wasn't the result of you expressing opinion so much as the manner in which you chose to engage others.

Oops.
Pot to kettle, sport.

Although, I’ve seen you haven’t been as abrasive to others in quite some time.

Not to mention, I never disrespect anyone personally, and if I do…I promptly apologize. But I definitely don’t treat others to the extent that Conservatives consistently get treated in this forum (although I will readily admit, most of them deserve it).

Last edited:
No he doesn't.
Did you not see the events of January 6th and how Trump praised the insurrectionists? Did you not read the countless reports of how Trump didn't want to call them off or how he wants to pardon all of them if he wins?

The people who invaded the Capitol that day were trying the lynch the vice president and members of Congress. They're enemies of the state and should be treated like such. They shouldn't be pardoned.

Pot to kettle, sport.
How's that?
Gosh.
Not to mention, I never disrespect anyone personally, and if I do…I promptly apologize - certainly not to the extent that Conservatives consistently get treated in this forum (although I will readily admit, most of them deserve it).
lol. Conservative is when you cry like a little bitch.

Last edited:

You guys are insane. Welcome to the Banana Republic of America. The fact that people even have these attitudes shows how screwed up everything is.

If Trump were assassinated, the Trumpets would have had an excuse to go totally ape-caca against their political and conspiratoidal enemies. That said, let's not forget that the left has plenty of wackos as well that have actually tried to murder people. I feel that Trumpicide would have made our country and the world a much less secure place. That's not a powderkeg that we need going off right now.

Last edited:
You guys are insane. Welcome to the Banana Republic of America. The fact that people even have these attitudes shows how screwed up everything is.

If Trump were assassinated, the Trumpets would have had an excuse to go totally ape-caca against their political and conspiratoidal enemies. That said, let's not forget that the left has plenty of wackos as well that have actually tried to murder people. I feel that Trumpicide would have made our country and the world a much less secure place. That's not a powderkeg that we need going off right now.
Well we are there already.

If this had been successful, I think on the current trajectory it would have handed a republican the whitehouse, and probably locked up the supreme court for 20 years. On the otherhand, we'd maybe have prevented the fall of the nation. I think success would have meant better global safety but worse domestic safety as compared to the best possible future. The worst possible future (for all) is that Trump somehow takes office.

Oh absolutely. To be clear though - I don't mean that I want Trump dead. If the attempt resulted in a more serious injury, it may have been a reality check because realistically only Trump can unwind his supporters now. You're 100% right - if he'd died on that stage, his supporters would have reached for their guns and gone after any minority that Trump has riled against, undoubtedly seeing them as the reason this happened.

A minor injury to his ear isn't going to do that. Trump will use this to further embolden his supporters.

*Also to be clear, when I refer to "his supporters", I'm not referring to your average Republican supporting American. I'm referring to the Trump supporters that take things to the extreme because that's what he tells them to do.

Last edited:
Well we are there already.

If this had been successful, I think on the current trajectory it would have handed a republican the whitehouse, and probably locked up the supreme court for 20 years. On the otherhand, we'd maybe have prevented the fall of the nation. I think success would have meant better global safety but worse domestic safety as compared to the best possible future. The worst possible future (for all) is that Trump somehow takes office.

Can’t help but to roll my eyes

There was a time of the opposite end where you were much more level headed & had interest in an actual discussion. For whatever reason, you've been doing that weird "guerilla" type posting style others did where they would come in here, stir things up & then exit back to other parts of the forum. Rinse & repeat every few months. If that's the way they wanted to post, fine, but when it was combined with just bait/troll type posts without a zero desire to carry out a discussion & go straight to an aggressive attitude every time, it got old fast. And since that's the way they wanted to act, I have no problem rolling like that. But, when guys like Joey D & Danoff who avoid all the chest thumping by actually presenting a more calmed approach to debate, they catch that same attitude. So by the point, we might as well be **** posting for funsies, then.

I do honestly think you're still a more reasonable conservative that ventures into this forum who seems genuinely interested in giving a take on a topic. But, them last few posts where you flat out refuse to engage in your own thoughts, ignore a genuine question by Eran0004, & post tin-foil hat memes ain't it.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely. To be clear though - I don't mean that I want Trump dead. If the attempt resulted in a more serious injury, it may have been a reality check because realistically only Trump can unwind his supporters now. You're 100% right - if he'd died on that stage, his supporters would have reached for their guns and gone after any minority that Trump has riled against, undoubtedly seeing them as the reason this happened.

A minor injury to his ear isn't going to do that. Trump will use this to further embolden his supporters.
Regardless of the result, bottom line is that the type of people who support trump thrive on escalation. The idea of threats is enjoyable - aggression is a part of their culture. It is their deescalation technique and I know because I was raised by it. Locker room culture, who’s the bigger man, etc. They were always going to escalate the situation, it’s kind of an uncontrollable spiral at this point.

Back