2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,348 comments
I'm with you on this. If a person has a Y chromosome, they should be disqualified from sports classes that are reserved exclusively for X chromosomes. I don't have a problem with that.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell it's not quite as simple as that, and it depends on what your goal is.

I can think of three different ways (one of which is a bunch of ways with varying complex names) wherein someone who is entirely female-presenting might test with a Y Chromosome and might have never known otherwise. And a fourth if we use the old method wherein we only implied its presence.

If the goal is to allow only people who've lived and developed as female for their entire lives to compete against one another for the protection of each other, a Y Chromosome test alone may not be adequate.

Even without the trans aspect, you're looking at ~1% of competitors not passing and it coming as a complete shock that they're not who they thought they were...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell it's not quite as simple as that, and it depends on what your goal is.
I'm with you that a y chromosome test might not be sufficient or possibly wouldn't even be helpful.
Even without the trans aspect, you're looking at ~1% of competitors not passing and it coming as a complete shock that they're not who they thought they were...
Not sure where the 1% comes from, but if it's general population, selection bias for sport performance could result in more than that.

===========================

My previous posts have come off critical of the IOC. I wanted to say that I appreciate what they're doing to enable different sports to have different rules, and that makes a lot of sense to me. But I would have thought that the IOC would set the standard rather than anoint other authorities to set the standard and just hope those do a good job. I can see why they didn't want the responsibility, but at the moment abdicating responsibility is pretty ugly.

Last edited:
Not sure where the 1% comes from, but if it's general population, selection bias for sport performance could result in more than that.
I was more thinking of those where a Y Chromosome is present but either non-functional, inactivated, or in which the person is (for want of a better word) immune to it. And mosaicism.

It may well be the case that some sports requiring more physicality has an overrepresentation of female-presenting women (who may know no better) with a functioning or partially functioning Y Chromosome than the background population.

conservatives are gonna blow their ******* minds
Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

I was gonna make a Hitler joke but decided to chuckle to myself about it.

Edit:

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

I was gonna make a Hitler joke but decided to chuckle to myself about it.

Edit:

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I forgot Kamala is:
A: Part of the Algerian Olympic Committee
OR
B: Part of the Italian Olympic Committee.
OR
C: Part of the International Olympic Committee

Her opinion carries about as much water as Mr. Wahhhh-tters does. That is none.

And that’s just ignoring the outright falsehood (or at least wildly presumptive allegation) that she’s “genetically male.”

This Shapiro bloke sure sounds like a confident speaker.

Now, ask him if Palestinians deserve to have their own country or if Israel is committing war crimes. Or better yet, ask him what he thinks of people protesting for the ethical treatment of the Palestinians. Dude is being so two-faced there because he's doing exactly what he's accusing Trump of doing, but with the Palestinians.

Shapiro being the VP is the only way that I won't vote for Harris.

Now, ask him if Palestinians deserve to have their own country or if Israel is committing war crimes. Or better yet, ask him what he thinks of people protesting for the ethical treatment of the Palestinians. Dude is being so two-faced there because he's doing exactly what he's accusing Trump of doing, but with the Palestinians.

Shapiro being the VP is the only way that I won't vote for Harris.
Yeah, his good publicity seems to be running out behind the scenes. He's had some exerts coming to light that he apparently wrote back in college about the IDF & Palestine, and is being accused of a sexual harassment cover up.

Kelly & Walz seem to still be the other 2 major candidates.

Last edited:
This Shapiro bloke sure sounds like a confident speaker.

This guy is speaking exactly like Obama did and that is weird. Not weird weird, but weird. But then I suppose Obama was and is sort of an icon of public speaking and charisma so it makes sense that other professional speakers would emulate that. The resemblance is so uncanny it surely isn't on accident.

Problem is... this appears to be a retcon by one individual: IBA's president Umar Kremlev.

From what I've seen, the approximate sequence of events and people is:

*Russia-based organising body AIBA faces allegations of corruption and match-fixing at 2016 Olympics
*IOC bans AIBA from organising boxing at 2020 Olympics
*Khelif represents Algeria at 2020 Olympics without issue (and not spectacular results)
*AIBA becomes IBA
*Khelif reaches final of (Russia-based organising body) IBA world championship in 2022, is beaten by Irish woman
*Khelif reaches final of IBA world championship in 2023
*IBA's Russian president disqualifies her (and another boxer) over unspecified "eligibility" test at unspecified laboratory
*IBA president affirms she also failed in 2022, but it was too late to disqualify her (what? Lance Armstrong was stripped of a 14-year old title!)
*IBA board ratifies decision on eve of final
*IBA board also calls for standardised gender testing in same meeting
*IOC claims IBA attitude has shifted from uncooperative to hostile and abusive
*IBA president subsequently claims Khelif has a Y chromosome, without confirming the eligibility test
*IBA president states IOC official in charge of boxing through to 2017 is a criminal who should be shot
*IOC strips IBA of organising body status over "governance, finance and corruption concerns"
*IBA president subsequently claims Khelif has high testosterone levels, without confirming the eligibility test. These would be two different tests.
*Khelif represents Algeria at 2024 Olympics
You have a new one to add.

The American Bar Association doesn't appear to be naming names but is speaking out about its concern over the future sanctity of American law.

Still not beating that weird label.

Look at that smile lmao. I wonder if these guys get bonuses based on how dumb the **** they say is. He's thinking he just made so much freaking money on that one.

For some reason a lightbulb just went off while typing that. This little clip reminds me so much of all the Russian pundit clips about the Ukraine war. The aggregious propaganda and complete nonsense that they're yelling about. Their only goal is to piss people off and cause a ruckus - but they're not pissing us off, they're angering their own viewers which is how they get them addicted to their material. That dude's smile says he knows what he said is totally assinine but it's going to sell like hotcakes.

Last edited:
Isn't the issue less about what the Republicans are trying to make it (that Khelif is male) and more about her testosterone levels being higher than what's allowable?
Her testosterone levels aren’t higher than what’s allowable though. If they were, she wouldn’t be allowed to compete.

The issue is very much what Trump is trying to make it look like, he is a populist looking to score populist points by spreading lies about an athlete in the Olympic Games, and by doing so he generates a ton of hate towards her among his fanatic followers. It’s despicable.

The issue is very much what Trump is trying to make it look like, he is a populist looking to score populist points by spreading lies about an athlete
...who isn't American and neither was the other boxer she fought. A strange thing to get on your hobby horse about when it's got nothing to do with your own country.

Might as well talk about football hooliganism in Poland or Peruvian railway timetables.

I've started finding that notion rather funny given the Republicans ushered out four debate stages of candidates like Haley, Vivek, DeSantis, Scott, etc. knowing full well the one guy who never showed up to any of them was already their nominee.

Latest Posts

Back