2024 World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 1,117 comments
??? So what exactly is going on? I'm watching on Motortrend so I had a long commercial break after the safety car started. We really not gonna race in the rain?
There is no issue on track except the rain, so... The problem being that it will not end anytime soon, time to sleep I guess. If only they could just tell us why.

Last edited:
There is no issue on track except the rain, so... The problem being that it will not end anytime soon, time to sleep I guess. If only they could just tell us why.
I think it’s just a preventive measure as the rain looks quite heavy. Full wet tires have their limits.

I feel if they didn’t do a full SC and something unfortunate did happen, there would be a cry as to why there wasn’t a safety car. At least this is a care of duty for everyone. Most of the cars on track have been reliable and were treated to some good racing and strategies for the duration. Doesn’t feel like races of old with high attrition and one car having it their way.
LMP2 is much more spread out than HY and GT3. I’m enjoying Le Mans today more than I ever have.

Last edited:
The rain radar is full for few hours, good night. ><
Yeahhh, I just looked up the radar out of curiosity, and that's a Florida-level rain cell just starting its journey through the area, minus actual thunderstorms taking place. Looks like this may be a long saftey car.

Also the #45 Crowdstrike Oreca has officially retired from the race.

If the current downpour is deemed too much, then I don’t know at which point they will restart. The weather forecast for the next 4-5 hours doesn’t look too promising.

Heard this from the finnish commentary:

Apparently the reason why they can't drive faster, is because the rain tyres use harder compound then previously.

Since there are no intermediate tyres, the rain tyres had to be made capable of sustaining higher downforces with dryer tracks.

Before that, monsoon tyres had a consistency of well-chewed bubblegum which worked better, but not so much anymore.

Last edited:
Interesting to learn that cars that pit under FCY will always lose at least one pace car position, because they won’t be released until the next pace car goes by.

Why would that engineer broadcast that non working number panel over the radio? Just jinxed the team if they get called out.

I didn't think we could potentially top that red flag barrier repair scenario from years ago that was... 4 and a half hours?

Last edited:
This race went from hero to zero

There wasn't any cars crashing or spinning when they called the safety car

Looks like we might be getting near the end of this rain event.
IMG_5798.jpeg

Back