A letter from Kaz.

• Thread starter Rudenut
  • 46 comments

I get that he does not want us sitting in the same race over and over. A better solution would have been to buff other races to the hourly rate of the most efficient races. But, MTX....

Also, the event content should be at minimum what GT4 had at launch, then expand from there. Where are the one make races as an example. They could then release updates that mix things up and change tracks for different series and races.
The thing is people will just see the responsonse and fall in love with the game again thinking the developers do care about them. But they instantly forget that the reason the developers are responding is because they are worried about loosing money. It's no different the governments making a bs speech so you don't loose faith in them after adding a huge increase to taxes.
Like OP said, if they didn't want you to repeat the same events then they would have just increased the smaller amount of races rather then decrease the larger amount of races. It would have been easier for them to do as there was less of them.
On top of that they would be focusing in adding more content. They would also increase payouts on custom races so they are actually worth doing as at the moment a 30 minute custom race at max difficulty pays less then 1 of the 1st campaign races in the game. No matter how you look at it, this game is an overall bad game. It so far brings nothing at all that is unique other then the progression system. A progression system this slow and garbage has never been seen in any other racing game.
Gt7 is not a new generation racing game. Nor is it single player focused. I would arguably say that it's not even a complete product due to the lack of content. If it is single player focused then why does GTSport have more then 3 times the amount of single player races and that game is online focused? Even Gran Turismo 3 on the Playstation 2 has more races. Read that again. GT3 the 1st ever Gran Turismo game on Playstation 2 which is 3 console generations before the PS5 has more races.
"But we have missions and circuit experience?" But races are not hard to add. They could also just increase the payouts on custom races and then they wouldn't need to rush new races out. I am not even bothered with this game anymore. I am bored of it. The only thing that kept me playing was tuning cars but now I can't be bothered to play the game with the new lowered rewards as buying and tuning cars will take to long and why am I gonna pay for over priced micro-transactions from a company that not only doesn't care about their consumers but also struggle to keep the online required game up for more then a couple weeks after launch. Then after being down for over a day and a half no one received a gift in game.
I couldn't care less if this company went bankrupt at this point before they rip more people off. Once a company starts pulling shady crap like this they never stop. Better pull out now before you let them rob you for to much.

This is really making me want to not play this game cause all I’m hearing is the MTX are going nowhere and if you want all the cars you’re either grinding for eternity to get enough credits or spending cash on credits. Too bad I don’t have a PS4 or I’d fire up GT4 again, sadly on PS5 all I have is 7 or Sport..

That's going to be difficult to do once everyone has uninstalled it out of boredom. You don't go to the cinema and pay your ticket price only to get told the film will now be played in black and white but that if you wait 8 hours the full colour version will appear.
That DLC best be in the pipeline...

I agree with you entirely.

I think people have a right to be upset, however this response wasn’t a standard corporate response. He genuinely responded to our concerns and he can’t spoil the plans.

I am not happy with the way the payouts are, but I’m going to continue to play the game and yes it will suck I can’t buy them fast enough.

Hopefully more races and events will be added soon. Lets give them a bit of a chance.

Ahahahaha 🤣🤣
What a crock of complete 💩

This is honestly as bad as No Man’s Sky.
I just wonder if PD can redeem themselves the way Hello Games managed, it will be a monumental achievement to turn around this - pun intended - car crash of a release.

It sounds a bit like "I would like people to enjoy the game even without microtransactions. I would like that, but unfortunately, that's not what's happening here. The prizes have been lowered so you can pay us money and we may consider adding new events with better payments in the future."
where does he say the bolded one?

edit:
also, he is not "responding to us", but rather to the handful of articles that were put up regarding gt7 (mal)practises
and asks "not to be judged"

Last edited:
Patience people, he got the message. If you start collecting cars in real life you do not get 400 cars in a few days neither. Give the man a chance!

Patience people, he got the message. If you start collecting cars in real life you do not get 400 cars in a few days neither. Give the man a chance!
While this is true, 1 has zero to do with the other though. This is a video game with an almost cult like following for a reason. There is less content in this game then this franchise had with GT2 (I think?) on PS2. The only feasible way of making a decent amount of credits has been cut basically in half for some I’ll explained reason. In my eyes (and I’m sure many others) this is just a ploy to get us to pay real world money to get credits to get cars. I’m not typically one to cry foul or ask for things, but the servers were down for what, a day and a half, before we got ANY kind of official response? We should have gotten some kind of in game compensation for that imo. This game is not worth the $60-$90 they’re charging in it’s current state

While this is true, 1 has zero to do with the other though. This is a video game with an almost cult like following for a reason. There is less content in this game then this franchise had with GT2 (I think?) on PS2. The only feasible way of making a decent amount of credits has been cut basically in half for some I’ll explained reason. In my eyes (and I’m sure many others) this is just a ploy to get us to

GT game is not a speed run. It is more of a endurance race, where patience pays off. The café, licences, missions and circuit experience (plus occassional good prize lottery ticket) gives you plenty of credits / cars to set you up for the stuff which comes later - 5.5M with no grinding, for the first 2 weeks I'd say pretty good.

I know there is plenty things missing, like one-makes, endurance races, lots of circuits do not still have any races, the FIA championships, but we got their message about what content they're planning to add, including events, but some of us want more. Assuming they stick to their 1 content update per month, were not far from the first one. And I'm all in for this slow and steady progress, where you can focus on different aspects of the game. I know, that is me, other people demand other things.

I know that the payout cut was a bit of a d***k move, but I do understand Kaz's point of view. And no, they are not pushing anyone to spend more on mtx, people are just spoiled and want everything at once. As I mentioned earlier in this post, I know there is not much to do for now, but it'll change once additional content start to drop on us.

Remember: endurance race, not a speed run.

Just my 2 cents,

There is no career mode like previous GT titles, there is no variety in single player races.
I could not disagree with this any more. No, it's not called "career mode" but the game does have one.

Your DR and your SR IS your GT career. If you choose to not partake, then that's up to you, but that is your career. You get to manage that career as you see fit. I for one went all out to be an A+ driver, and once I achieved that career goal, I am now happy to be in the high B, low A area.

This is a real GT career. It's not some fabricated, made to be beaten, single player career. And, make no mistake, single player is made to be beaten. Not being able to beat a game is an A-class bug (for those who complain about the AI).

What career has more clout? A manufactured career that is made to be achieved by 100% of the people who try, or an uncertain, merit and performance based career, earned by competing against other equally hungry individuals? I'll take my DR rating over a PSN trophy anytime.

It's really evident that from the time that letter was written, to now, very little has changed, and if anything, the game seems to be trending back down to the position it was in in the early days then the admittedly small steps it was taking.

Which really goes to show how much further Kaz has left to go, and how he seemingly has little desire to fix the ultimate issues plaguing the game and the series as a whole.

It's really evident that from the time that letter was written, to now, very little has changed, and if anything, the game seems to be trending back down to the position it was in in the early days then the admittedly small steps it was taking.

Which really goes to show how much further Kaz has left to go, and how he seemingly has little desire to fix the ultimate issues plaguing the game and the series as a whole.
I agree. Everyone bought into the apology but doesn't realize that wa just Sony and PD buying time to figure out how to cash all the suckers customers out with microtransactions.

I do not want to see my favorite racing sim go down the drain the same way Project Cars did with Project Cars 3.

We can give PD all the time in the world to fix their issues but they won't. If they do, I will come back here and eat my own words. They really should fo what Ivory Towers does on Discord with The Crew 2. Game was empty on launch, did their own apology but went right to work to fix everything they could. 3-4 years later they have a great deal of players on their game and still adding in content (stunts, speed/time trials, summits which was the first thing they added back into the game from The Crew 1, and etc.). Surveys taken left and right. As proof, I requested in a survey the CCGT GT1 Race Car (sad history for that vehicle) be added into the game. It came up the next survey and was added in 3 months later. Keep in mind it is an arcade feeling game, not a sim.

They started to put their players first and now look at the game. Adding in cars almost bi-monthly which is insane. But doesn't come without the neagtives (season pass model was followed, an easy one off the top of my head). You can give PD every excuse (time to make stuff, short staff, etc.), but poor relations with the playerbase will always scar a game no matter how good the game is.

With:
  • Little to no changes done
  • Unwanted ticket system disgused as a roulette system
  • Problems with network stability outside GT Sport Mode
  • Problems with AI and difficulty settings (some world events and all of the 1 hour endurance races in missions)
  • Locking new features behind said ticket system
  • Lackluster career mode
  • Minimal effort to communicate with the playerbase (I mean directly from PD, not GTPlanet no offense)
  • Push on microtransactions (only backed off after the playerbase came in an uproar - loved it)
  • Chase the rabbit scenarios every race and no pole positioning (been like this since GT5, so much for "REAL")
It's easy to see how we all fell for the apology. I know it has been less than 4 months with the game raching the 3 month mark June 4th, players need to understand that the 1st year of the game is critical as it will set the precedence for newcomers and their views on the game. PD failed to understand that and look at the users scores vs. critic scores on any gaming site. If they want newcomers and vets that left to come back, they need to make the rest of their 8-9 months left in their first year "a homerun".

It's easy to see how we all fell for the apology.
There are plenty of people who thought the apology was lacking, Kaz was tone deaf, and that the stated intent to have us all have to follow along for updates over a long period of time that should've been in a AAA game to begin with was inexcusable. It's mostly those that wanted to believe it was all a mistake and Kaz and PD/Sony couldn't possibly have made some of these decisions on purpose who "fell for it."

Back