nissanalps.jpg

Swiss Alps "Hotlap"
Arcade Nissan 240 RS Rally Car '85
+20% power 284bhp
and -10 weight 873kg
Default Dirt Tyres
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' hotlap replay
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!
All other area's are in play!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss your total laptime'

Please PM your final time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Sunday 5th November

----------------------------------------

Due to lack of interest in the dirt races in A.R.C I have decided to put up this combo at the easiest of all rally tracks to make it slightly more interesting for everyone to get a good session on the final dirt event of the comp 👍
I know it has been run to death but I'm sure everyone will agree that this was the best choice in order to keep interest :) I hope you enjoy it ;)
Cya's at the finish line :cool:

After having missed the last 2 races, I'll make sure I put a decent effort in this one. No walls, not much power, that seems to suit my crap racing skills 👍

I had a feeling you would post swiss, not my best choice(the maze?) but it makes total sense. The car choice however is mint:tup:

Thats a great pic, what will I use for my av now? you so in so :lol:

Awsome race series Ron, I apreciate it very much.

Great race, Ron. 👍

I really feared you would dump the Alps this season. :dopey: Glad you didn't. Can't get enough of the Alps can you? :D

Well, it's the only dirt race that is do-able by us, slow racers without to much pain and effort.

Well, it's the only dirt race that is do-able by us, slow racers without to much pain and effort.

Yep. And if we get an early time up we might even feel fast foe a couple of hours:

1'06.160

Took a couple of laps to control her tail. :D

Those dutch guys, they just can't drink :rolleyes:
***thinks at the next LAN party :scared: ***

here's a post from another dutch guy. this one can't drink either but he practices every day anyway.

trying out a first clean lap in this combo i actually like dirt-racing in gt4 - my first real time ever. i know it's slow, but i play to participate and learn and not to win. investing enough time i might even get a bit better once!

23.942 - 49.972 - 1.17357

i fiddle with topspeed between 300 and 350 - higher topspeed makes the car easier in the curves but less responsive to the throttle, especially when doing AT.

edit: submitting 'cos it's just not my thing - i hope tarmac is on its way for the final round.

using the minumum top speed possible in 210.

1'02.997

can see another half sec in it, there are a few 'in between gears' corners were its hard to work out which gear gives better results, so i ended up sticking with one and seeing what happens;) a quick gear write up, shift as late as possible in each gear, 4th for right, then 4th again, stay in 4th untill t2, then 3rd for left, 4th on exit, stay in 4th for right untill hilly bit, 4th for right then hairpin in 3rd, and last in 4th initially...3rd gear for exit incase u get bogged down in revs/power

I ran some laps last night and even though I posted this combo ... I cant help but dislike the way the car handles :ouch:

my best save had 18.9 / 40.6 / 1'03.6 ... seen a 18.710 as best T1

I then beat the above save .2 at the line with these splits 18.9 / 40.7 / 1'03.8 :crazy:

I dont think I can take much more of the way the power dies away going around a few of the bends and also the way the car overturns and sucks into the walls when trying to slide a bend :grumpy:

I can see the splits Dan posted as possible for sure but I haven't a spare year of trial and error to try and match them especially on the ds2 :dopey: shame I have no place to hook up the DFP as its gathering dust here like the last one ... I need to build me a set up asap 👍

I'll be back with more moaning soon ;)

:P

i have driven 2 sessions so far, first was with ds2 and the second was with dfp and ds2, dfp first then i realised it was a difficult task to controlt he car with the dfp so reverted back to the ds2 and bet my time by a further .3 with 18.844/40.6xx/1'03.014 time sub itted

First sober session shows a t3 1.08.437, still drifting too much and a lame t1 due to many 'lifts' 20.6xx I think.

T1-19:858
T2-43:011
T3-1:07:575

I'm sending in this time because I have had a bad day and don't want to race anymore.

Sorry to hear that AngelCreator ... I hope things pick up for you soon 👍

As for myself I have come to a conclusion! GT4 just cant cut it and have the lifespan that the previous versions had and after posting numerous versions of the A.R.C and some other comps like S.O.T.B it's time to say enough is enough!

On Saturday I will post my final combo, no more A.R.C unless someone else wishes to take it on someday ... I have watched loads of people drop like flys from the comps I post .. from the sign up thread having around 20-30 interested to the final round having 6-8 submissions :indiff:
Enough is enough I say ;) and I take the hint :P

The final week will be a classic track that will hopefully go down a treat with the remaining couple of racers I hope! ... done to death like the alps this week but it saves messing around 👍

Thanks to all who have taken part in all versions of the A.R.C but a special thanks to those who have completed a full series upto the last race :cheers:

btw: I will still race OLR occasionally but wont post anymore of these comps

It was fun guys .. cheers :cheers:
Cya's around
Ron.

Sorry to hear that Ron :( Your combos are top notch:tup:

Might submit these, I'll give it one more go tonight.

EDIT: Time submitted: 19.476/42.348/1.06.397 👍 Back to tar :indiff:

Mr P
Sorry to hear that AngelCreator ... I hope things pick up for you soon 👍.

Thanks, what it was I had my memory card take a dump and I lost more game
saves then I care to think about.

Like an idiot I just compiled the results and hosted the image ready to post it until I remembered it ends on Sunday :dopey:

Will give a few others another day to get a last miunte attempt in anyway ... 11 submissions so far which is not bad at all for a dirt round 👍

Results and Round 5 posted at 12pm GMT tomorrow :cheers:

12 submissions in all 👍 Thanks to all for taking part :cheers:

arcclassicsr4results.jpg

Congrats to Dan for a smoking lap and his 4th win on the trot :cool: Well done man 👍
Congrats also to Niels for filling the remaining podium slot with a very solid laptime :cheers:
Well done to everyone who took on this combo and its crazy wild ass :sly: 👍
Some very close racing from all ... lets see a nice battle like this with the final round that will be posted within the hour :)
Cheers
Ron.

For all our collective complaining about GT4, dirt and the 240, this was the best turnout so far! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Dan and Ron 👍 Way to go Niels!! :cheers:

Thanks for the race Ron, and congrats. :cheers: Great time. 👍
Now go get that last race up. :scared:

Also congrats to Eric, for yet another good dirt result. 👍

Didn't thought I needed to post replays in this ARC, but one can get lucky. :dopey:
Now I was going through troubles I thought I would also include round 1 and 3.

PAL:

Attachments

• NielsG ARC Classic 4 Swiss Alps 1,36,185.max
    22.8 KB · Views: 4
  • NielsG ARC Classic 3 Coted'Azur.max
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • NielsG ARC Classsic 1 El Capitan.max
    22 KB · Views: 3
That was a great race. Thanks Ron 👍

👍 to the tops, thanks NielsG and congrats!, you like the alps a little huh?

Best efforts on Ron's last round of arc.

hey, great race and great turnout:tup:

Attachments

• arc 4 1'32.659.max
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
Back