A Really Weird Find on GT-Photostream.com...

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 12 comments
Germany
Germany
KiroKai
KiroKai
Hi.

I'm checking the official GT Photostream every now and then, and I also did yesterday. In the past I found some really unique and inspiring photos there, but yesterday something grabbed my attention that was more than just unique.

GT5PhotoStreamgranturismo.com.png

Oh just another Toyota 86... OH WAIT... WAAAT?! How...
zombie.gif

That screenshot is real. Well, it's virtual. But I promise you, this is not edited by me, I've seen it like that on GT Photostream. The screenshot was taken on my PS3 and not touched with any other software since, I directly uploaded it from there too, you should be able to see that in the Exif data when downloading the photo (in case you are doubting).

I have no idea how that is possible. Does anybody know about that glitch? Is it a hack? A graphic bug occurring randomly? In case the author of that photo or anybody related to him knowing about that seeing this thread - chances may be very slim - can you tell us how to do that? Is it a special colour chip that is bugged, or a one-time glitch?

It almost looks like the DLC colour GT Polarized #010 because of the weird reflections on the front:

Credits go to Monatsende's DLC Colourbase Thread

But it still rather seems like a weird offset colour chip. It also doesn't explain the... awkward glass reflections. If anybody knows how to do this, I'd basically do anything (GT5 wise, you know...) to know your secret... :crazy:

Oh by the way I know this is actually a photo thing, but since it's rather about the colour chip I guess it's placed better in the general forum (and gets more attention here as well). If moderators disagree, feel free to move it.

:odd: I've never seen that before. I assume it would be a replay glitch with that paint scheme. Looks like the colours on the glow in the dark stickers on the LM cars

Reminds me to complain why GT5 has no customizable window colours... :lol:

Great find. Probably a replay glitch as mentioned before.

:odd: I've never seen that before. I assume it would be a replay glitch with that paint scheme. Looks like the colours on the glow in the dark stickers on the LM cars

Now that you mention it, I had kind of such a glitch when watching an online race at night on SSRX once, when I selected watch race no menu came up, I just saw the Ford GT of the 1st driver roaming through the night, but it wasn't in normal condition, all textures where paint should've been where plain black, all windows very light white, like they were glowing, than the track texture disappeared and a second later my PS3 froze completely, but I assumed this being a glitch only happening once in... probably a lifetime, and it would've been impossible to pause the replay (if it'd been one) in time to still take a photo of that before the system froze, the whole thing happened in less than 5 seconds.
Still, you could be right. A replay glitch is most likely what happened, though that takes the opportunity to ever reproduce this, especially while driving. :indiff:

the second car has just a DLC Colourshift

It's just an example shot of how the colour I compared the weird looks to looks usually.

Reminds me to complain why GT5 has no customizable window colours... :lol:

Great find. Probably a replay glitch as mentioned before.

Even if it had, that would be a... little bit overdone. :lol:

this happened to me once, i was in a ssr5 lobby in my red enzo, it was on free run, i just pit in to change car and when the automatic video of your entering the pits started, it was like this but worse, my car was glowing pink but only the outlines of the panels were glowing not the entire body, my wheels were glowing white, my rims were gone and the track surface was gone, i could only see the walls at the side of the track, but no asphalt, i just went for some laps amd i stated trough the text chat, my car is glowing

inside my enzo things went crazy, all the dash was glowing white, it did not went away till I turned off my ps3, unfortunately i haven't got a device to record anything at the moment and since it was on free run, no replay to be saved and to be honest i turned it off quickly before anything went wrong with my ps3

Back