A simple SR fix

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 73 comments
The fix needs to be the game spotting when someone is intentionally ramming someone else, and to not penalise both players. That would help more than anything I think

The other fix needs to be allowing 'racing incidents' too.

Side by side up the hill through the big open chicane at Nurburg GP. We both touch, nobody loses time, spins off etc, get a penalty - why? over the top

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure of the need for a new thread which then turns into the same as every other SR thread? No point changing the underpinning SR boundaries until the SR mechanisms are sorted. At which point you may not need to change the boundaries.

Remember, the topic is a "simple fix"

Redoing the current penalty system to have the ability to determine blame properly is not a simple fix.

I think the system should also be slightly extended, you cant put all drivers in just 6 categories. There is too much variety, and especialy on higher skill levels its down into the details. I would suggest adding 2 new categories: F and S+
To me i would put the following ranking system (and with that, double the scale to go between 0-200 instead of 0-100)

F is specificly to catch the worst possible drivers, and is only ment to be quickly get out of, but also to protect.
0-20 F: All collisions disabled
21-60 E: Most collisions disabled, collisions are only in effect when someone is slightly bumping into someone else, and only affect the offender (kinda how in old gran turismo's the cars acted like solid bricks and could be used as steer assists). Collisions do still affect the SR on that (so they cant rise to D by using this method).
61-100 D: Collisions at low speed diffirences now affect both. If someone is forced off the track by a bump, the one forcing him off takes double the SR penalty
101-130 C: Collisions at high speed diffirences cause the higher speed player to become a ghost, all other collisions are in effect for both.
131-160 B: All collisions are enabled, taking someone out as a missile causes a drop of (at least 15 SR - 2 of these hits and you are back into C), the one hit by a missile is guarded against the SR loss. Forcing someone off the track causes a drop of at least 5 SR (depends on the duration that the other player is off the track, maxed at 15 per hit which is similar to missiles).
161-185 A: All collisions are equal to B, being a missile once takes you back into B. Slight collisions should still be managable, but any heavy hit will hinder a lot, being hit by a missile will also affect your rating here (at a reduced value).
186-195 S: Similar to A, in the last lap penalties are doubled.
196-200: S+: Similar to S, but nearly every mistake takes you back to S.

The reason to go to the 200 scale is to be able to finetune the S vs S+ ranking (together they are only 15 points in value, which together is equal to A), which is only a system that should keep the S/S+ racers to remain motivated to keep the clean driving as there is simply no gracing point for the rating in S+, except for some minor bumps.
The reason to keep F low is because its still equal to E in its effect to other players. But F forces players to learn to follow the track since they can not use other players as assistant. And at E learns players to avoid collisions even if it doesnt affect other players (and if they dont want to, they at least wont be hurting the others)

I think the system should also be slightly extended, you cant put all drivers in just 6 categories. There is too much variety, and especialy on higher skill levels its down into the details. I would suggest adding 2 new categories: F and S+
To me i would put the following ranking system (and with that, double the scale to go between 0-200 instead of 0-100)

F is specificly to catch the worst possible drivers, and is only ment to be quickly get out of, but also to protect.
0-20 F: All collisions disabled
21-60 E: Most collisions disabled, collisions are only in effect when someone is slightly bumping into someone else, and only affect the offender (kinda how in old gran turismo's the cars acted like solid bricks and could be used as steer assists). Collisions do still affect the SR on that (so they cant rise to D by using this method).
61-100 D: Collisions at low speed diffirences now affect both. If someone is forced off the track by a bump, the one forcing him off takes double the SR penalty
101-130 C: Collisions at high speed diffirences cause the higher speed player to become a ghost, all other collisions are in effect for both.
131-160 B: All collisions are enabled, taking someone out as a missile causes a drop of (at least 15 SR - 2 of these hits and you are back into C), the one hit by a missile is guarded against the SR loss. Forcing someone off the track causes a drop of at least 5 SR (depends on the duration that the other player is off the track, maxed at 15 per hit which is similar to missiles).
161-185 A: All collisions are equal to B, being a missile once takes you back into B. Slight collisions should still be managable, but any heavy hit will hinder a lot, being hit by a missile will also affect your rating here (at a reduced value).
186-195 S: Similar to A, in the last lap penalties are doubled.
196-200: S+: Similar to S, but nearly every mistake takes you back to S.

The reason to go to the 200 scale is to be able to finetune the S vs S+ ranking (together they are only 15 points in value, which together is equal to A), which is only a system that should keep the S/S+ racers to remain motivated to keep the clean driving as there is simply no gracing point for the rating in S+, except for some minor bumps.
The reason to keep F low is because its still equal to E in its effect to other players. But F forces players to learn to follow the track since they can not use other players as assistant. And at E learns players to avoid collisions even if it doesnt affect other players (and if they dont want to, they at least wont be hurting the others)

1 correction, the current 100 point scale is 0-99, in code terms, that's 100 points because 0 counts as a number. So you 200 point scale would be 0-199.

You could still do your suggestion with the current 100 point scale. It's also very similar to what I suggest because the E and D ranking are hardly used at the moment. The S would become akin to your S+and the A group would be what is currently the mid level S folks.

Remember, the topic is a "simple fix"

Redoing the current penalty system to have the ability to determine blame properly is not a simple fix.

1. It doesn't seem that "simple"
2. The "simple" fix proposed means that one incorrectly allocated penalty in a daily race drops you an SR category. Two in a row and you drop two SR categories and a DR category. OK......

You could still do your suggestion with the current 100 point scale. It's also very similar to what I suggest because the E and D ranking are hardly used at the moment. The S would become akin to your S+and the A group would be what is currently the mid level S folks.
There is 1 slight diffirence on the idea of me on why i added the categories.

The S+ was designed to only be possible to keep when you keep driving clean. Its to prevent those who currently are at 99 points to deliberately crash to take a 1st place from someone since at 99 such crash might not let you drop out of S. The S+ however is purely designed to counter that, a crash is nearly always going to drop you out of it.

The reason to add an F is purely a mind trick. A bad driver should be motivated to improve, but it should respond quickly if they do. Dropping from E to F shows them they did horrible, its a 'shaming' rank. However, since it negates nearly all crashing (you simply cant and by that most crashes wouldnt drop the SR much, a poor race could quite easily grant some SR there), it takes very little effort to get out of it.
He might still be crashing all the time, but by at least trying to let them avoid cars, they can already get to E. At which point there is still a safety margin for other players, but at the same time it adds a physical presence of other cars. A faster progress on lower skill levels is just as important as a slower progress on higher levels. Hence the lowest rank is something you should quickly get out of.
At the same time, by making E a lot larger, you can a bit easier get rid of the poor drivers as it takes more effort to get to D due to the higher point requirement.

(do note that gaining points and losing points should still be at the same speed in that scale i had, it does slow down the positive rank adjustments making an incidental bad race have a higher effect, which is the type of race that generaly is going to cause problems, and the race at which players have to learn anger management. Higher penalties are simply needed for that)

1 correction, the current 100 point scale is 0-99, in code terms, that's 100 points because 0 counts as a number. So you 200 point scale would be 0-199.
The lowest SR score you can have currently is 1.

The lowest SR score you can have currently is 1.

Yes, I'm saying that a 100 point scale in code terms is 0-99 rather than 1-100, that's all. The highest rank is 99 and I assume 0 is simply unused.

1. It doesn't seem that "simple"
2. The "simple" fix proposed means that one incorrectly allocated penalty in a daily race drops you an SR category. Two in a row and you drop two SR categories and a DR category. OK......

Have you ever written a line of code?

Changing the range of a category from 80-99 to 90-99 is trivial.

Determining blame by comparing the vector of one car versus the vector of another is not, since blame requires context.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever written a line of code?

Yes but not for a while.

Changing the range of a category from 80-99 to 90-99 is trivial.

You want to make a host of changes, all of which would have consequences you'd need to evaluate.

Determining blame by comparing the vector of one car versus the vector of another is not, since blame requires context.

So when two consecutive daily races bomb your SR through no fault of your own (entirely possible based on my experience - try a couple of oval races, for example) you drop two SR ratings and a DR rating. You happy with that? I'd be more than a little pissed off. That doesn't encourage anyone to drive more cleanly. It encourages people not to play.

Furthermore, the "easy" means of recovering SR costs a chunk of DR which will take a good number of races to recover, in which you're going to have to further risk SR to obtain DR.

I mostly like it, but, penalties need addressed for me to fully buy in.
2 examples from my 1 race last night...
2 cars wrecking at high speed, one sideways the other nearly fully turned around, headed off track fast/hard, ghosted... and, as I and a couple others go screaming by the carnage, on the opposite side of the track, and with them now in the grass - blamb 5second penalty and Sr hit... assume my fellow racers in close proximity received the same.
Same race, going down the inside as 2 cars battled way off to the side, very slow from wagging the tail, I've got 2 tires on the curb and one car decides to turn down on me... blamb shunted off the inside and into the wall... 2second penalty and SR hit... that's a pretty hard hit to shove some one off the inside of a hairpin.
Still finished 9th with a #16 on the door and +400 Dr. points and a blue S... but still the penalties system seems to me... silly.

edit to add, not complaining... just sayin'.
I've had the same issue with the 5 second penalties. The most annoying thing I'm finding, is when back markers go off the track in short circuits, they get reset on the racing line. If you are on the racing line, you end up driving right through them (while they are in transparent reset mode) but the game thinks you have crashed into them and gives you a 5 second penalty. This has happened to me quite a few times now and it's starting to wear a bit thin

I really like the idea someone mentioned earlier about bumping someone off track or side by side racing forcing off track, the penalty should get worse the longer it takes for the victim to get back on track.
I think you should take an sr hit no matter what rank you are.
Also if they can figure out the vectoring and assign blame there should be an immediate fuel cut off of .5,1,2,3,5,8,12 seconds or something more accurate.
Some sort of immediate punishment to the aggressor that will affect their race.

All but S+ of course

The biggest problem with change to the penalties is that everyone thinks they are the victim rather than the culprit. We all know that isn't the real case.

I also noticed that PD is softly exuding players now based on your rating.

I noticed that in the Manufacturer's Series I had two similar performances scored drastically differently.

Gr4 and Kamagiwa, I started 4th, finished 3rd, and score 1152 points. Yesterday, I had to quit sone races and my DR dropped a little, but enough to put me into a lesser group of drivers. I started second and won by a comfortable margin. Objectively, it was a better drive by me. No penalties, no offtrack excursions, etc. Inwas given 541 points.

The only explanation is that the quality of the competition factors into you score, and since the "top 24"is score based, you get excluded without even having a fair shot if your ratings aren't high enough.

I am definitely going to make sure I guard my ratings more closely.

SR is the primary driver when it comes to matchmaking.

The fact DR and SR directly impact the pool of opponents has been well documented since week 1 of the FIA events. Another reason why tanking people's SR and DR for unfair pens isn't a feasible idea.

I stand by my reorder of the SR. Even if no action is taken to change the SR system, reordering the SR ranks is still essential IMHO. There is no way, given the way SR goes up and down, that a player with an SR of 80 can be considered to be as sportsmanlike as a player with SR 99. Also, with SR A being from 60-79, player with an SR of 99 can be in the same race with an SR 60! That's pointless.

You have to be truly terrible to be a B.

I would add that you should be at a requisite level of DR before you can be an SR S. There shouldn't be a Dr-D Sr-S. The minimum should be DR-B to achieve a SR-S. I constantly see players at the back of the group talking about driving clean and asking for a clean race, but they are 2-4 seconds slower than the front, meaning that they are likely causing accident with their less than ideal lines and braking. These are the same folks that, as back markers, don't know how to get out of the way or interrupt the race of the leaders.

Here's an example of the failings in the ranking. Last night, I got a 10 second penalty for a t-bone collision. There wasn't much I could do about it, the car ahead of me went very wide and went off track. I stuck the line and assumed that he wasn't coming back. Instead, he came right back on track in front of me. Even though I slammed on the brakes, I hit him and incurred the penalty. My Sr MAY have dropped from that, but within two races, i earned it back and finished the day at 99 where I started. I know the game can't figure out whether the contact was avoidable and intentional or unavoidable, but this is racing and stuff happens. Still, if I got a ten second penalty, I should not have walked away with my SR essentially unaffected.

I don't know how bad the lower ranks are and whether a change like I suggest makes it too difficult to get out, but I still think it's better than the ranking we have now.

I've just done the FIA Nations event on Blue Moon. Other than bump drafting and side to side rubbing my contact with other cars was limited to being hit. I also overtook under a yellow because I couldn't avoid it. I was rammed off (spun out) on the last corner of the last lap out of 5th position (something like 1400 pts in the field I was in).

In that one race I lost 46 SR points (Forty-six) which took my solid SR S (99 pts) down to a B. You want to punish instances like this more? No thanks. The system isn't capable. I only play ovals in the FIA event and only then because I usually get good results. The game isn't ready for a revision until other things change IMO.

I now have a 5+ race grind to get my SR back for tomorrow's rounds.

I stand by my reorder of the SR. Even if no action is taken to change the SR system, reordering the SR ranks is still essential IMHO. There is no way, given the way SR goes up and down, that a player with an SR of 80 can be considered to be as sportsmanlike as a player with SR 99. Also, with SR A being from 60-79, player with an SR of 99 can be in the same race with an SR 60! That's pointless.

You have to be truly terrible to be a B.

I would add that you should be at a requisite level of DR before you can be an SR S. There shouldn't be a Dr-D Sr-S. The minimum should be DR-B to achieve a SR-S. I constantly see players at the back of the group talking about driving clean and asking for a clean race, but they are 2-4 seconds slower than the front, meaning that they are likely causing accident with their less than ideal lines and braking. These are the same folks that, as back markers, don't know how to get out of the way or interrupt the race of the leaders.

Here's an example of the failings in the ranking. Last night, I got a 10 second penalty for a t-bone collision. There wasn't much I could do about it, the car ahead of me went very wide and went off track. I stuck the line and assumed that he wasn't coming back. Instead, he came right back on track in front of me. Even though I slammed on the brakes, I hit him and incurred the penalty. My Sr MAY have dropped from that, but within two races, i earned it back and finished the day at 99 where I started. I know the game can't figure out whether the contact was avoidable and intentional or unavoidable, but this is racing and stuff happens. Still, if I got a ten second penalty, I should not have walked away with my SR essentially unaffected.

I don't know how bad the lower ranks are and whether a change like I suggest makes it too difficult to get out, but I still think it's better than the ranking we have now.

The system is fundamentally broken. Today I lost my cool and retaliated against another player which I'm not proud of. Looking back at the replay it's an escalating battle in which I even resort to something I swore never to do, dive bomb to pass him.

I'm on the top left, he's on the bottom right. First contact occurs at the start of lap 3 at 3:26. It was a crap race overall, lost control of the car twice, couldn't hit the corners right, guy at the start confused me by slowing down. However the reason I'm posting this is that at the end I came out with a neutral rating (still 99/99) and he came out blue (with a 6 sec penalty left). The game should have thrown both of us back to SR.A for behaving like that.

Then in another race I had the exact same thing as you, someone loses control, I brake hard, end up T-boning him anyway, lose positions, 10 sec penalty, and a red rating at the end. -5 points to 94/99. A yellow flag penalty is more severe than that entire battle in the video...

Anyway my apologies to GPigslayer, some very unsportmanship behavior from my end. And it was my 777th sport race, unlucky number.

The system is fundamentally broken. Today I lost my cool and retaliated against another player which I'm not proud of. Looking back at the replay it's an escalating battle in which I even resort to something I swore never to do, dive bomb to pass him.

I'm on the top left, he's on the bottom right. First contact occurs at the start of lap 3 at 3:26. It was a crap race overall, lost control of the car twice, couldn't hit the corners right, guy at the start confused me by slowing down. However the reason I'm posting this is that at the end I came out with a neutral rating (still 99/99) and he came out blue (with a 6 sec penalty left). The game should have thrown both of us back to SR.A for behaving like that.

Then in another race I had the exact same thing as you, someone loses control, I brake hard, end up T-boning him anyway, lose positions, 10 sec penalty, and a red rating at the end. -5 points to 94/99. A yellow flag penalty is more severe than that entire battle in the video...

Anyway my apologies to GPigslayer, some very unsportmanship behavior from my end. And it was my 777th sport race, unlucky number.

I'll admit I did skip through it a bit, but couldn't see anything you did particularly wrong, anything that could be considered a divebomb is mostly him braking too early and turning into you, I didn't see any overtakes that I thought weren't on or were dirty tbh.

I'll admit I did skip through it a bit, but couldn't see anything you did particularly wrong, anything that could be considered a divebomb is mostly him braking too early and turning into you, I didn't see any overtakes that I thought weren't on or were dirty tbh.

It gets chippy near the end.

@Sven Jurgens As I stated in the original post, I think there should be more severe hit to your SR for penalties.

Not to single you out, but the video shows what i see all the time, and probably what most people are calling "dirty". It's that sense of entitlement that people have, that people play with in single player, where they don't think to avoid the accident. Folks are just being selfish and driving without any care as to what may happen. So, of course there is going to be bad blood when two people who feel entitled to the same thing come into conflict.

That last part isn't going to change. Most of the contact I have with others is either a retaliation for a bump pass (at which point, I bump pass right back) or it's when someone misses their turn in and then corrects and goes DIVING for the apex expecting me to stop for them, as if this were single player!!

At 4:16 I'm setting myself up for a bad pass, and had he not braked early he would have gone off track. If I understand the F1 rules correctly, I did not have the right to the apex in that situation. Anyway all that bashing in the corners and after (from 4:46), how is that more forgiven than passing a yellow flag or hitting a car spinning out. 0 deduction for that vs -5 for t-boning a out of control car dashing across the track while on full brakes.

At 4:16 I'm setting myself up for a bad pass, and had he not braked early he would have gone off track. If I understand the F1 rules correctly, I did not have the right to the apex in that situation. Anyway all that bashing in the corners and after (from 4:46), how is that more forgiven than passing a yellow flag or hitting a car spinning out. 0 deduction for that vs -5 for t-boning a out of control car dashing across the track while on full brakes.

But he did brake early and I assumed your pass was a reaction to that so I see nothing wrong there. Minor contact and a bit rude but nothing I would penalise. I honestly don't think anything you did was wrong and it all seemed to be a reasonable reaction to what he was doing, which mostly involved turning into you and not giving you any space.

But he did brake early and I assumed your pass was a reaction to that so I see nothing wrong there. Minor contact and a bit rude but nothing I would penalise. I honestly don't think anything you did was wrong and it all seemed to be a reasonable reaction to what he was doing, which mostly involved turning into you and not giving you any space.

Thanks. I did keep going when I saw him braking and I stagger my car like that more often to avoid contact in case the other brakes early. Yet from his point of view it looked looked bad imo. I did have the adrenaline going and had enough of being pushed around, which is not something I like to happen.

I did a couple more races and Brand's hatch and unfortunately it happens all over the place. I'm conceding places left and right not to get dragged into another shoving match. With all the banging and pushing going on and pretty much all blue SR.S ratings at the end I wonder what the racing etiquette video was for or the penalties for that matter. Red dots every where in the scoreboard yet all penalties have long been scrubbed off.

I lost 4000 DR on Brand's Hatch today, better luck tomorrow.

I'll admit I did skip through it a bit, but couldn't see anything you did particularly wrong
For an SR of S, it indeed was some poor driving on his side, it doesnt recieve a dip out of SR S, but at least some slight drop wouldnt be too odd. The other driver however doesnt even belong at an SR of A with that driving. Even the AI is less anoying than that, and they are already quite bad and should get a rating of ~B.

SR S should be for those that dont do a single divebomb in a race. 1 of them should be an instant drop to A regardless of the remainder of the race (unless its an endurance at which those mistakes can become more common due to fatigue), for 5 laps that is unacceptable behaviour. And that behavior is also the reason i didnt bother with online yet. Those players are the reason i dislike online racing.

For an SR of S, it indeed was some poor driving on his side, it doesnt recieve a dip out of SR S, but at least some slight drop wouldnt be too odd. The other driver however doesnt even belong at an SR of A with that driving. Even the AI is less anoying than that, and they are already quite bad and should get a rating of ~B.

SR S should be for those that dont do a single divebomb in a race. 1 of them should be an instant drop to A regardless of the remainder of the race (unless its an endurance at which those mistakes can become more common due to fatigue), for 5 laps that is unacceptable behaviour. And that behavior is also the reason i didnt bother with online yet. Those players are the reason i dislike online racing.
I recently watched a very fast driver on youtube get upset during a race and I think that is a common trait to racers. It makes us want to go faster and win, but it also causes us to overreact and view mistakes as bad intentions.

During the race, bumps and divebombs seem intentional, but after watching replays I often change my mind. It seems that driver error rather than intentional bad driving is the cause of a lot of these incidents. I try my best to not retaliate and find if I drive clean even after getting bumped that people often apologize and our next race is great. Yes, I've given out my share of apologies for accidental bumps.

Please don't let bad drivers stop you from playing online. Sport races are suffering because clean drivers aren't playing. I know it can be frustrating when someone ruins your race, but the very best part of the game is having clean races with real people.

I am somewhat in agreement, but as I stated, with the SR gaps of 20 points, it allows FAR FAR too much leeway for bad driving, intentional or otherwise. Should every bit of contact be penalized? I don't think so. I agree that rubbing is racing. But if you have hit someone hard enough to garner a penalty, there should be more of a repercussion.

During the race, bumps and divebombs seem intentional, but after watching replays I often change my mind. It seems that driver error rather than intentional bad driving is the cause of a lot of these incidents. I try my best to not retaliate and find if I drive clean even after getting bumped that people often apologize and our next race is great. Yes, I've given out my share of apologies for accidental bumps.

Very often true. Others put you in a position where a wreck is inevitable, and then complain about the wreck.

If we look at the number of collision accidents in a formula 1 race, although its a very high standard. You will notice that most of them are just a minor collision, but as those cars are fragile it is enough to drop them out of a race. For S rank we dont have to be that strict. But surely you can be strict enough that when you make 10 of these bumps in a single race of 5 laps, that you might not be worthy for S rank, and by that get some large dip in your SR. And thats already ignoring a divebomb on that.

Sportsmanship also contains anger management. And you do not have to expect that formula 1 racers are any better on that than regular players. So on that part, you can expect a player to reach S rank by going with formula 1 standards.

And thats why i also would like more high ranks besides S rank. Maybe make the current S rank an A+, and add S and S+ for the higher standards. S being that you only make minor collisions, 1 big hit instantly drops you to A+. And S+ is reached by 15 consecutive clean races. S+ does not have to be reachable for everyone on that! Not everyone is perfect. But at least give those that are a situation that would be ideal to them.

With that 3 protection mechanisms to make sure S+ can be held by the clean driver, and S can be quickly lost to those that do not belong there:
- First corners are excluded from the minor collision part (or whatever distance is relevant to make cars spread out. this could potentialy reach 8 turns when 3 cars are driving side by side most of the time - although it would be rare). After all, this is similar to the first corner in F1 which is just hectic and a big chance for a collision. Some slack is logical here. This is kinda like getting squished around the corner. Its too often out of your control. And since you can take more risk in this game already, having a system that can ensure a fair playing ground by giving enough time to settle that battle would be good.
- Missiles are instantly dropped to A+, and automaticly become a ghost in a S race. This to prevent other S racers taking harm from those. Missiles arent too hard to detect as their speed diffirence is simply too large for a corner to ever take it a normal way.
- Last lap collisions recieve double penalties, again to prevent people making the deliberate penalty to guarantee the first spot. This also includes blocking a player from overtaking when the speed diffirence is too large to defend against (steering in front of someone going 40kmh faster only to force him to pull the brakes).

Sportsmanship also contains anger management. And you do not have to expect that formula 1 racers are any better on that than regular players. So on that part, you can expect a player to reach S rank by going with formula 1 standards.

Guilty. I will often lose it when it's obvious the other driver just doesn't care and hits me multiple times.

And thats why i also would like more high ranks besides S rank. Maybe make the current S rank an A+, and add S and S+ for the higher standards. S being that you only make minor collisions, 1 big hit instantly drops you to A+. And S+ is reached by 15 consecutive clean races. S+ does not have to be reachable for everyone on that! Not everyone is perfect. But at least give those that are a situation that would be ideal to them.

The only reason I think addition ranks are unnecessary is because the lower ranks are underpopulated right now. You start at B and you have to be intentionally taking people out of the race (10 second penalty levels) again and again to drop into the D and E ranks. With those two ranks being only 20 points total, it's nearly impossible to be in D and E and stay there without a converted effort to do so.

Not mention that the game has had this ranking system in single player since the original. They likely won't alter it for simply those grounds.

I agree, I should not have stayed at 99/99 for that. The first contact I imagine he didn't notice me there as he was likely focused on the other car that overtook him first. However T2 is what set me off when he kept pushing me off the road. It happened in the races before as well, my patience was wearing thin. Anyway I should have simply waited to easily pass him later instead of making dirty moves and stupid mistakes in the heat of battle.

Don't take this as the norm though. You meet great people online as well. My initial mistake was not qualifying with poor matchmaking. I'm DR.B and the room was DR.A to DR.D. Since I didn't qualify I got placed behind a bunch of DR.D drivers, so the race was set up for confrontation. If I don't overtake the DR.D drivers my DR is going to take a big hit, and the DR.D players likely aren't too happy at being passed all the time. If Matchmaking would put people of similar skill together this will happen less.

I don't think we need more SR classes. SR.S class needs to become stricter though. Big hits and causing other people to go off road need bigger penalties. Steering into cars on straights, big penalty. Hitting a car into another car, big penalty. As it is now, squeezing is often not penalized at all. You can simply force another car off road and the system never detects it as long as the bumps aren't forceful enough. Yet slight bumps can be more devastating than big hits. Time penalties should be permanent too, no lap 1 corner cutting to overtake the pack. That's usually what causes problems at the start of the race, risky moves to win the race in the first few corners as any penalties are meaningless at that stage.

To make it harder to get to SR.S, SR up should not be rewarded for simply driving clean sectors in SR.A. It should only count when you are in proximity of other cars in that sector, and thus prove you can drive cleanly together. Starting in pole or staying behind and never seeing another car now rewards you max SR points, however you only proved you can follow the driving line. Adjusting your line and braking point with other cars around and staying on the track is in a whole different ball park, yet gets easily penalized with yellow flags and slight bumps.

I have 64 manner points and according to what the current ranges are, I should have an A sr, but I’m still stuck in B sr. WTF! It took a long while for me to get here, and I don’t get promoted D:

Can somebody please explain why this is so?

Back