A Test Drive Unlimited Sequel is On Its Way From WRC Developer Kylotonn

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,170 comments
I wonder how they explain many recycled/reused models from TDU2 🤔 GT-R looks best from bunch but MB SLK, 68 Mustang, Delta, most of the classic cars are recycled etc.

Why? They have so many new good looking models they didn't have to include a single one of old ones 🙁
Looking at some YT comments i'm glad i didn't preorder and i'm not only one seeing this.

After watching a few videos:
It's definitely a Test Drive game and that is good. Fans will be happy. Still the best car features on the market.
It's definitely a Test Drive game and that is bad. Modern open world racing games offers much more.

My main issue right now is the camera. Chase camera is terrible and it gives me motion sickness. 1st person camera has terrible wheel animation.
My other big issue is progression. If progression amount to just unlocking things by leveling or by making cars unreasonably expensive than that is a terrible progression in my book. It's ok to have the Abarth 500 priced at 30k. It's just stupid to ask 1.5 mil for a Nissan GT-R for example.
They are saying it's a driving game but there's barely any traffic. It lacks immersion for a driving game.
You can clearly play solo against AI. Why not giving an option to race solo? No, it's better to wait for potential players at the start of every single race. Also saw people getting booted from the lobby because of inactivity while waiting for a race to start.
They are making it PvP focused but matchmaking is local. It's limited to that particular race. It's even worse than NFS Heat and that was really bad. At least in Heat the whole lobby gets a notification that a race is about to start.

I don't believe this game will attract many players. And I'm afraid many of those will quit pretty soon. I really want this game to be good, but right now there's only a solid map with a weak racing game. Which is still somehow enough for me to buy it.

And I still think car models looks like a PS3 game at best.

Last edited:
I wonder how they explain many recycled/reused models from TDU2 🤔 GT-R looks best from bunch but MB SLK, 68 Mustang, Delta, most of the classic cars are recycled etc.

Why? They have so many new good looking models they didn't have to include a single one of old ones 🙁
Looking at some YT comments i'm glad i didn't preorder and i'm not only one seeing this.
I'd be surprised if there was any recycled content from a game with different developer. KT aren't known for good car models, WRC had some shockers.

I'd be surprised if there was any recycled content from a game with different developer. KT aren't known for good car models, WRC had some shockers.
Nah, some of those models are definitely recycled. You can tell when they have the same weird proportions - you wouldn't make the same mistakes twice. They have a definite "look" to them.

Has anyone been stuck at the loading screen when it shows, "Loading saved game..."? Somehow can't get through after 10 minutes

Game has GR Wildlands vibes - laggy, oversharpen and with weird lightning. Car models are waaay different - A110 is gorgeous, Mustang definitely looks like one from TDU2. Not sure who would prefer this over Motorfest or Horizon.

Has anyone been stuck at the loading screen when it shows, "Loading saved game..."? Somehow can't get through after 10 minutes
Delete DUMMY.DAT from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TDUSC Demo\WIN32\Save and check integrity with STEAM.

Delete DUMMY.DAT from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TDUSC Demo\WIN32\Save and check integrity with STEAM.
I tired it out, but it didn't seem to work out for me at least. Weird, thought I had the "okay" specs to go with it too...
Surely it can't be related down to MyNacon account or something when I participated in the last play-test, right?

Forza Horizon 4 and 5 works in 90FPS in 1440p high details, Forza Motorsport 8 same 60FPS, Automobilista 2 hits 120FPS on my specs…

Test Drive Unlimited SC 1080p low and 12 fps WTF? Something is broken here I think.

Locals reacting to TDU's 1:1 recreation of HK island (Reddit)

"Source: Live in Hong Kong. The reaction from our local forum discussing this game is very negative. We had high hope for this game since its announcement few years ago that it would create a 1:1 or at least an authentic re-creation of Hong Kong Island. Nope, it does not. Apart from few distinctive landmark we simply cannot recognize the place. Even the atmosphere the game simply cannot capture the right feeling of it."

Nah, some of those models are definitely recycled. You can tell when they have the same weird proportions - you wouldn't make the same mistakes twice. They have a definite "look" to them.
The models are bad but I still don't think they are recycled from TDU2. Different developer, publisher, engine, etc, they could be buying models from the same supplier but even then, considering KT already have Delta models for example, I think they're just the low quality I would expect from KT.

The models are bad but I still don't think they are recycled from TDU2. Different developer, publisher, engine, etc, they could be buying models from the same supplier but even then, considering KT already have Delta models for example, I think they're just the low quality I would expect from KT.
True, but they bought the rights to the name, they probably got assets etc with it.
They've either bought from the same supplier, or they've reused. That Beetle from the trailer immediately stuck out to me as the same model!

True, but they bought the rights to the name, they probably got assets etc with it.
They've either bought from the same supplier, or they've reused. That Beetle from the trailer immediately stuck out to me as the same model!
If true that would be pretty shocking to be honest, those models must be over 18 years old by now?

I think that, at this point, the most apt game to compare with is NFS Heat (without the cop races). Now, NFS Heat in PC stutters, which can be fixed somewhat now thanks to frame generation, but I have not seen stutters in Solar Crown (the motion blur is rather good).

Update: I'm seeing a lot of visual noise in cockpit view. This is also noticeable in your hotel's room.

Last edited:
Locals reacting to TDU's 1:1 recreation of HK island (Reddit)

"Source: Live in Hong Kong. The reaction from our local forum discussing this game is very negative. We had high hope for this game since its announcement few years ago that it would create a 1:1 or at least an authentic re-creation of Hong Kong Island. Nope, it does not. Apart from few distinctive landmark we simply cannot recognize the place. Even the atmosphere the game simply cannot capture the right feeling of it."
Yep, it's patently nonsense. The motogames video of the demo at one point shows a map of the island. It's condensed, absolutely not a 1-1 match.

paxyix9whz4d1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, it's patently nonsense. The motogames video of the demo at one point shows a map of the island. It's condensed, absolutely not a 1-1 match.

paxyix9whz4d1.jpeg
So completely BS marketing then? Mind you, the website doesn't seem to make any mention of it now.

was in a Discord call with a friend last night, the optimization does not seem great. he spent like an entire hour just trying to get the game to run properly, only to end up getting "save failed" messages every 2 minutes, he had to reinstall the entire demo. i think this is just what i was expecting from all the cryptic marketing and dev info tbh, will probably buy once it has a heavy discount.

Despite reinstalling the game and tried deleting the dummy file before reinstalling, the game refused to pass through the intro menu screen
20240608_093446.jpg

So I decided to download TDU 1 as compensation

Back