ABS activating at any brake pressure

United States
United States
Hey all, first post here. I'm kind of at my wits end with this issue so I decided to sign up and ask for help as I cannot find anyone experiencing or discussing this issue anywhere including here (the only discussions I found were issues with dirty potentiometers).

I recently purchased GT7, G923 and NLR GT-Lite Pro a few months ago. After a few game play sessions I finally got a friend to mess around in open time trials (haven't unlocked multiplayer yet which is a design choice I have opinions about). We both chose the same car and settings and began running laps. He managed to set a time almost 6 full seconds faster on controller so I was taking some time to review and tweak my settings since the wheel was still new to me. It was then that I noticed that even while sitting completely still, zero mph, if I pressed the brakes the ABS light flickered and the pressure gauge showed the red zone as it adjusted the brake pressure. My friend said he wasn't experiencing this with his game so I compared our settings and even switched to another car but still experienced the issue. After a somewhat lackluster customer service experience with Logitech that ended with receiving first a remanufactured unit and subsequently a brand new unit coming today, I realized I never tested out my own controller. Well lo and behold even on controller I'm having the same issue. I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. Regardless of the ABS being on default or weak I get the same response. Everything has the most recent updates across software and hardware. I have every single assist turned off other than ABS and TC is set to 1 but even at 0 it does the same thing. I'm thinking of trying the following next to try to rule out any installation or settings issues:

• launching the game fresh from my wife's PS profile to see if it was something I tweaked in the settings
  • reinstalling on the same PlayStation
  • installing on my other PS5 and seeing if it occurs on either my wife's or my profile

If none of the above work I don't know what else I could do or what could be causing this issue. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all, first post here. I'm kind of at my wits end with this issue so I decided to sign up and ask for help as I cannot find anyone experiencing or discussing this issue anywhere including here (the only discussions I found were issues with dirty potentiometers).

I recently purchased GT7, G923 and NLR GT-Lite Pro a few months ago. After a few game play sessions I finally got a friend to mess around in open time trials (haven't unlocked multiplayer yet which is a design choice I have opinions about). We both chose the same car and settings and began running laps. He managed to set a time almost 6 full seconds faster on controller so I was taking some time to review and tweak my settings since the wheel was still new to me. It was then that I noticed that even while sitting completely still, zero mph, if I pressed the brakes the ABS light flickered and the pressure gauge showed the red zone as it adjusted the brake pressure. My friend said he wasn't experiencing this with his game so I compared our settings and even switched to another car but still experienced the issue. After a somewhat lackluster customer service experience with Logitech that ended with receiving first a remanufactured unit and subsequently a brand new unit coming today, I realized I never tested out my own controller. Well lo and behold even on controller I'm having the same issue. I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. Regardless of the ABS being on default or weak I get the same response. Everything has the most recent updates across software and hardware. I have every single assist turned off other than ABS and TC is set to 1 but even at 0 it does the same thing. I'm thinking of trying the following next to try to rule out any installation or settings issues:

• launching the game fresh from my wife's PS profile to see if it was something I tweaked in the settings
  • reinstalling on the same PlayStation
  • installing on my other PS5 and seeing if it occurs on either my wife's or my profile

If none of the above work I don't know what else I could do or what could be causing this issue. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Could you use your console's Share/Create function to capture a video of this and post it here?

The ABS light will briefly flicker while stationary but then go solid white (if enabled), while the brake bar itself should only be white at maximum braking and at rest (although you can get it to very, very briefly display a bit of red if you rapidly apply and release the brake).

What do your Steering Controller Settings in Option/Controllers look like?

Well I feel dumb. When I went to get the videos we captured I rewatched my friends video and his was working pretty much exactly the same. I'll post my video here just in case once I figure out how to get it on my phone but I think this is just how the ABS works as you noted. I know ABS in this game doesn't behave like real ABS but I didn't notice this behavior until days into playing the game and between Logitech's half hearted customer service and the internet in general not seeming to ever give me relevant search results anymore I couldn't be sure.

Well, I’ll call it normal or my game and Logitech G29 has been broken since day one.

Guess you could try no ABS and see what happens, but good luck with driving like that.

Back