ACC for PS5 question (before purchase)

• Thread starter wlashack
  • 5 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
wlashack
Hi,
I'm a GT7 racer, which means I have a PS5 console. I'd also like to try ACC, but I have some doubts about the PS5 version (maybe pointless). I found rumors that the PC version is great, but the PS5 is not.

To be clear, here are my two questions about offline and online racing:

1. Does ACC for PS5 offer decent offline racing/practice/training modes?

2. And what about online races? Is there a good ACC racing community on PS5 or are most racers and races focused on PC?

Thanks!

2. the game supports cross plattform multiplayer, which means console players and pc players will be in the same races.
For a racing game this makes perfect sense, as there is no inherent advantage a over b just by having different input devices - as would often be the case for high level competitive shooting games for example where supposedly mouse+keyboard for the speed and precision it offers at the same time puts console players at a disadvantage (because support of these pieces of hardware is not widely used on console THOUGH! it is possible)

2. the game supports cross plattform multiplayer, which means console players and pc players will be in the same races.

Really? I am surprised because when I was searching for info about ACC myself, I read that the cross-platform works between PS5 and Xbox only and PC is a standalone platform with features that conosoles do not support. And this lead me to lay my questions here.
It looks like something have to change recently. If all ACC platforms are the same and work together, that is a superb news for me.

Last edited:
Really? I am surprised because when I was searching for info about ACC myself, I read that the cross-platform works between PS5 and Xbox only and PC is a standalone platform with features that conosoles do not support
You are correct, my previous post obviously is wrong.
Sorry for this, I should have verified it is not only "console to console" - because I largely expect this to be the norm I didnt relate this to crossplay at all.

I think ACC is very good on PS5 (the PS4 version not so). I believe it's very close to the PC version, physics and racing wise. It runs very smoothly - although I "only" have a HD monitor on my rig. It also is still being supported and gets the occasional update.

Racing/practice modes - yes. The game is fully open, you can do what you like. There's also career and championship modes. The AI is really pretty good too.

I haven't done any online races, but there are communities that organise events on console. There's some that do daily races too I believe. I think many run via Discord.

It's really worth a purchase, especially if you get one of the complete editions (with all the DLC). Even more so if it's on sale!

Thanks for info.
I surely buy all the DLCs with the game. I only wanted to know before doing so if I am going to something that is live or dead.

Last edited:
Back