<ACN> Team Drift Battle

• Thread starter ps3dan101
  • 56 comments
Well i asked for 410 before any of this was decided, ps3dan said okay but then changed it to 400 hp. So in fact, 410hp was the original agreement. Go backwards in this thread you will see what I'm talking about.

400BHP has been agreed by everyone, im sure its not to hard to lower a car by 10 bhp ;)

It's impossible for some cars. It's just some of our drivers have cars that are around 404 HP and if they lower one thing it will be lowered to 385 HP which is a big difference. Just let it be at 405 HP. Not that big of a difference, its drifting, not a race, like you guys said.

And I don't remember anyone from my team agreeing to 400 hp.

It's impossible for some cars. It's just some of our drivers have cars that are around 404 HP and if they lower one thing it will be lowered to 385 HP which is a big difference. Just let it be at 405 HP. Not that big of a difference, its drifting, not a race, like you guys said.

And I don't remember anyone from my team agreeing to 400 hp.
If its not a race then whats wrong with 385Bhp? I'm running 360bhp on my S2000 and I'm confident it's got more than enough power for this battle...

Oh my god your starting to get on my nerves now...
Who ever said I was arguing, I said it was fine to have 405bhp. It's just i run 360bhp and it's fine for this battle!

Ty, but there are many things that should be picked up on. You don't tend to manji in a battle, as it would need both drivers to agree to manji at that specific part of the track, as the lines would be very different.

Solo's= MANJI

Tandem= NO MANJI

How can you plan that if you manji you manji, in D1 that don't say ok don't manji if the other guys doesn't, you need to be able to control your car while following the other car. I disagree with this one.

If u read it properly, The score sheet is only for the solo run done before the tandem. The tandem part of the event is full on the judges decision. Read it one more time!

How can you plan that if you manji you manji, in D1 that don't say ok don't manji if the other guys doesn't, you need to be able to control your car while following the other car. I disagree with this one.

'Manji' is not allowed in D1, FD, or any other pro drift competition. Either the track can be linked with no manji, or the directive is to straighten the car, build speed, and reinitiate when a manji is no-longer necessary. Do you see any corolla's manji in D1? No. Why? Because if they can't link, they straighten. it's taken into account in judging with regards to power levels. With a 400bhp limit, the rule should be that straightening on straights is allowed.

With regard to Tsukuba, I think the best option is to place a cone on the start/finish straight which acts as a clipping point and determines the manji point. However, this only works if the cone is treated as a clipping point, which is difficult if the cone gets clipped and moved.

I will agree with everyone here in that there is NO manji in tandem battle... All drivers will need to be straight on the long sections... Too many chances of wipeouts/spinouts and driver accidents...

I don't even think manji should count towards any kind of "scoring" within anything solo as well... Some people like to "manji" and others don't... Just my opinion...

Last edited:
If u read it properly, The score sheet is only for the solo run done before the tandem. The tandem part of the event is full on the judges decision. Read it one more time!

Ahh yes I see now, sorry.
This is much better!

Solo runs should allow manji, as it can add much more style, but on the currently selected tracks (managed to drop down to two :() there is not as much need to manji as there is on other tracks, such as Autumn ring MR.

Chris.

Like I said before TwinTurbo my terms were mixed up I agree with all that is being said, what I was talking about was initial faint into a turn. Thanks Sorry just tired from a long day...

Faint definately, as long as the leader isn't filling the road with smoke on every straight they find, leave that to the solo runs.

Ok so manji is allowed ONLY on solo runs. I put if applicable beside it because it is the drivers choice on whether or not to manji. If the driver does decide to manji he/she will be scored, if not the manj score will not count. The point of the manji is to help bring up their average score. If they decide to manji and do bad, their average score will go down. Initial faints are allowed in tandem drifts. Does everyone agree?

Back