advice on building cockpit needed

• Thread starter Hajaz
  • 300 comments
Drift-Kid
i wish logeitech would do like that one company that built the mech controlle for Steel Battalion

and make a Complete race cockpit system

With paddle and shift knob(with individual shift slots)
clutch...you know make that gaint leap to make everone else just stop...............but till then ill just us my lil trey table and computer chair and DFP

Steel Battalion was also 200 dollars I think you can find it for 150 now which is a bit much to spend on one game. Anyway, I was thinking the exact same thing that Logitech should have an all in one solution.

Gamester has a solution like that called the Race Pac which folds up nicely. However, you are stuck with their crappy wheel and pedals but the idea is very cool.

http://www.radicauk.com/product/rc73910.htm

Hey Martinmaxx, can you please post some pics of your uppdated cockpit with the biger screen and suff?

Changed plans for my cockpit, seems to be a problem with shipping the Frex Shift+ I ordered... But I dont care, I will now build a cockpit like Frex's but in tree and the orginal DFP without upgrades, but I will buy a brand new Cobra racingseat... Think I got more use of that than a Shift+. :)

Probably I'll buy this: Think it's worth the money?

Attachments

• monaco.black.jpg
    monaco.black.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 63
PuTTe_TuTTe
Changed plans for my cockpit, seems to be a problem with shipping the Frex Shift+ I ordered... But I dont care, I will now build a cockpit like Frex's but in tree and the orginal DFP without upgrades, but I will buy a brand new Cobra racingseat... Think I got more use of that than a Shift+. :)

Probably I'll buy this: Think it's worth the money?

Whats the price on the seat? Because if its more than $150, you should look into the APC sport seat, which had fore/aft adjustment and seatback angle adjustment.
jegs has it for 149.99

PuTTe_TuTTe
Changed plans for my cockpit, seems to be a problem with shipping the Frex Shift+ I ordered...

What was the problem there, as I just sumbitted a order myself for a few things!
Was it that you did not or could not wait the 1 to 2 months for it to ship?
Thanks for any info you'd be willing to share!

Thx-

SimRaceDriver
What was the problem there, as I just sumbitted a order myself for a few things!
Was it that you did not or could not wait the 1 to 2 months for it to ship?
Thanks for any info you'd be willing to share!

Thx-
I dont know what the problem is... It's just that I've wait more than 2 weeks now.

PuTTe_TuTTe
I dont know what the problem is... It's just that I've wait more than 2 weeks now.

I see now! Thanks!
FYI....I guess you had not notice that Frex indicated on their checkout page that they're 1-2 months behind on getting orders shipped and once an order is ready to ship...or about a week before actually...is when they contact you regarding payment...you can read about it here

Guess I should have submitted my order last month (Jan.)....who knows...I may have received it before GT4 came out...but now that's not going to happen. :indiff:

y dont u guys build your own one thats what i did when i saw martinmaxx,s one. it only cost me £27 to build it. £17 for the wood and £10 for a bucket seat for a local scrap yard...... i will post some pics when i get some time... 👍

SimRaceDriver
Actually, if you never pay for it before it ships, you'll never get it! :)
Hehehehe!
Huh? Do I need to pay before it ships if I wanna have it? Thats great, cause I dont want it as I said :)

Thanks for the info man ;)

I don't have any drawings for this and its old school the new ones are much better
but click on my web site below might give you some ideas...good luck and have fun

btw I have to tell someone...we rolled a miata last saturday...my bud was showing me the line at firebird's main track in Phoenix Arizona...the back end got loose and by the time he got it back we were off line and headed for a small wall landed on the top...we are both ok not even a scrach...can't say that about the miata though.

be safe...Cheers Billy
here a kick'n shot of me holding up a 911 (truth is I'm being held up by a vette :crazy: )
http://www.cecilwalker.com/PhotoSite/PASA/2005-02/JohnJamesRacing/pasa_050205_134147_0002_1d.htm

befoot
I don't have any drawings fot this and its old school the new ones are much better
but click on my web site below might give you some ideas...good luck and have fun

btw I have to tell someone...we rolled a miata last saturday...my bud was showing me the line at firebird's main track in Phoenix Arizona...the back end got loose and by the time he got it back we were off line and headed for a small wall landed on the top...we are both ok not even a scrach...can't say that about the miata though.

be safe...Cheers Billy
Hmm, what web site?

Hmm, a surround system is just to expensive for me so maybe buying something like this is a god idea?

what do you think of these?

Attachments

• SE67096.jpg
    SE67096.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 35
PuTTe_TuTTe
Hmm, a surround system is just to expensive for me so maybe buying something like this is a god idea?

what do you think of these?

That's a good question !

I don't know , but I think then it's a full video game's experience. :)

9 days from now 👍

here is some pics that i said i would give. i have still got a bit to do to it though, but it will be finished by the time gt4 comes out.......... 👍

Attachments

• Image009.jpg
    Image009.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Image013.jpg
    Image013.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 37
SimRaceDriver
Nice review & nice pics!
I bet you just can't wait for GT4 now can you!
If you didn't get up for 3 hours playing GT3, lord knows how long you'll be playing GT4 for! LOL!

👍

Thanks Sim, great cockpit!

mnarciso
Hey guys I originally posted this in the cheap cockpits alternatives forums. I wanted to share with you my review of the Hyperdrive Cockpit.

Let me know what you think or if you see any errors.

I like the red. maybe i should have gotten that instead of the yellow. One thing i didnt like about it besides the way the steering wheel part moved a little. Is my ass was numb after a little while of playing, and my knees hit the bottom of the wheel too. But im 6-3.

Would any owner of a playseat be so kind and give me the measurements of the most important parts of it?

a) whole length
b) length from seat to pedal holder
c) height of wheelholder
d) height of pedalholder

i'd be glad about a privat message or mail!

thanks in advance

Maggo

I'm thinking of buying a projector... Is that a god choice?

If I have 800x600, does it show a nice picture on a 70'' screen?

Martinmaxx
Hi Hajaz. Nice cockpit.

You can see some pics from my cockpit to figure out some new ideas for your project.

I modified the wheel and pedal angles, to make them more comfortable for my driving.

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

MARTIN

How in the BLUE BLAZES did u do that man u must have some serious cash 👍

Please check out this web site for the best value wheel stand on the market. The XLERATOR WHEEL STAND. ebay has best buy.

http://www.xleratorwheelstands.com/

email from a lady who purchased one last week:

Just to let you know we rec'd the stand yesterday and it was a huge success.
My husband absolutely loves it. He was skeptical that it would work for
him, but couldn't have been more pleased. He had a great time all evening.
He just kept saying" wow, this is terrific, awesome" etc etc.
Just wanted to let you know it's a great product and he says "makes the game".
Please pass this on.

VB 7-28-2005

Back