All-Purpose Guide to the B-Spec Online Seasonal: La Sarthe

• Thread starter Famine
  • 313 comments
Stopping on lap 2 and 8 seems to be the best strategy for this race, doesn't matter which car you use.
Definitely agree with this. The few occasions I've used this I've been either 1st or 2nd after the AI have pitted on lap 3. If you too pit on lap 3 then you'll usually be between 5th & 7th.

Pitting on lap 3 & 8 usually works but 2 & 8 is definitely the way to go.

Finally beat this. Took many tries and many different cars. The final went splendid.

Mazda 787B , 40:39:615
+ 5:42

Started on Race Hards. Pitted End of lap three for Inters. End of Lap 7 for more inters.

Car was stock just detuned to get 700pp. 32 and 33 bobs. 6 Mil Credits.
Now I am consumed with this race and going to try and best it with more cars.

Thanks for the tip with the 2J. The 787B was ruining the rear tyres after only 1.5 laps!

EDIT: I gave up after the first lap when I realize that I was using Racing Hard Tires

Last edited:
I just finished winning with the Minolta Toyota by about 5 seconds ahead of the Bentley Speed 8. I used two level 40 Bobs and they didn't have hot personalities. All of my Bobs are at level 40 thanks to this race. I'm only mentioning I won with the Minolta Toyota because it was said that it would be difficult to win with that car, but I did it on the first try on the last lap when both competitors ran off at the end of Mulsanne. They're so stupid. I pushed them hard and then backed off and they end up playing in the sand. So funny.

These are all the other cars I've won with:
Audi R8 Race Car '01
Bentley Speed 8
Audi R8 (Audi Playstation Team Oreca) (my personal favorite)
Toyota GT-One (TS020)
C60 Hybride-Judd Race Car
Courage C60 Judd
Courage Judd GV5

I've done the race probably about 70 times and missed first place about five times and was able to buy well over a thousand cars with the loot. I really enjoy this race but at 40+ minutes each race it's rather tedious. Heck, I just run the race when I've already got 18 million credits and I'm losing about 4 million it's so much fun. I've got all the 20 millon credit cars available and don't know what to buy anymore since I bought all the new cars there are.

I got bored winning with the same car and just kept trying different ones to see if it would make a difference. Yes and no. Races are different but they all end within about 40 to 41 minutes.

I tried to win without success with that nasty Peugeot 905 and Mazda 787B, but didn't like either of them from the get go. I stayed away from all 5 speed racers because I always think that 6 speeds are optimal. I still haven't gotten the Chaparral 2J in the UCD although the 2D popped up the other day and I bought that. I'm at 1420 days and that 2J hasn't appeared since I first started the game and had no credits to buy it.

Too bad this race is going to end at the end of this month. I could race it for another month it's so much fun experimenting and the money is great. I've had close wins and wins of nearly 30 seconds ahead. I've had some nasty losses, too, when I accidentally pitted because I wasn't paying attention to the pit warning or got bumped by some wildly sliding competitor. That happens after hours of running race after race.

I sure hope they replace this race with another B-spec race that requires tire changes, has weather changes, day and night and additional fuel. What a blast.

Finally!

I thought I was never going to get this thing won! I'd spend a lot of time trying to get the Toyota GT-One in the winner's circle, but never got better than fifth. Finally gave up on that and started using the Audi R8 '01, started getting third consistently, but always finishing 5-10 seconds back of the winner.

My Bobs were levels 36 and 29 going into the race I finally won. With the R8, I'd found that, surprisingly, the best pit strategy was to go in at the same time as the leaders (laps 3 and 8). I'd usually go into the first stop in fourth place and come out in third. The Bentley Speed 8 has a slow pit crew apparently. Then for the rest of the race, I'd hang with the two leaders (usually R8's as well) but could never take the lead.

Suddenly, today, a thought occurred to me that probably should have a long time ago: I switched the order of my Bob's. It was always just putting my level 36 Bob first by default, and I didn't give it much thought beyond "that means he'll drive both first and last stints, sounds good."

It had never occurred to me that my higher level Bob would probably handle the rain better than my lower level Bob. So today, I switched the order, and the results were stunning. I again went into the pits in 4th, and came out in 3rd. Then, in between the two stops, my level 36 Bob put on a clinic. By the second pit stop, he was ahead by 54 seconds!

My level 29 Bob gave a few of those back on the last lap, struggling with the Racing tires on a still damp la Sarthe, and my final margin of victory was a still impressive 47 seconds.

So, if anybody else out there is missing the obvious like I did: Have your best Bob drive second!

I find that to win you have to manage your bob. These are b-spec races that you can't click start and just walk away from and expect bob to win, no matter the car.

No and the strategy is "find a different car".

I have tried this over and over, taken lots of advice here, never worked. My last failed attempt was with a Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car on sport softs and one pitstop. Terrible, the other cars catch up right away.

I did however get to finish in first once. I used my two best drivers, a bently speed 8 and racing intermediates. Pitted at like lap 3, then was way ahead to easily pit in lap 9. All other times I've tried this race there was no getting better than 6th place.

QUESTION. has anyone won in a jag racer, what setup and strategy?
XJR-9 LM Race Car 88
Won using the Race Intermediates front and Sport Soft rear technique, one pit stop. Started on Race Hards, pitted at the end of lap 2 and took on RI front SS rear. Kept Bob at 5/8 mood till the last lap then had to battle the R-8 '01. What a fun race. I won by less than a second.

This was the standard version.
Downforce set at 50/69
Hp 903
top speed 249

Back