America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,741 comments
Did you guys see the video posted by North Korea's propaganda page on youtube?

Basically it showed an American city resembling New York hit by missiles and burning. It's pretty chilly, especially as North Korea stated America as the 'enemy' of the Korean people.

Also, just a couple of days ago North Korea conducted their 3rd Nuke launch. Kinda scary atm with these on-going issues.

Did you guys see the video posted by North Korea's propaganda page on youtube?

Basically it showed an American city resembling New York hit by missiles and burning. It's pretty chilly, especially as North Korea stated America as the 'enemy' of the Korean people.

Also, just a couple of days ago North Korea conducted their 3rd Nuke launch. Kinda scary atm with these on-going issues.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=249992

You're also about a week behind the rest of us. ;)

I've had models of multiple military aircraft. What's the difference between this and a stealth bomber?

I don't approve of nuclear war but the Enola Gay is still a historical aircraft that thousands have models of.

I also had Micro Machines of military vehicles, including mobile rocket launchers and a full fledge aircraft carrier.

You don't leave the party, the party leaves you.

If Kennedy was a Republican by today's standards, what does that make 1960 Nixon?

The Republiclowns and Dummycrats were much closer philosophically back in the 60's than the two parties now. I'd say back in the 60's and prior, they were right and centre right. Now it's more like centre right and far left.

The Republiclowns and Dummycrats were much closer philosophically back in the 60's than the two parties now. I'd say back in the 60's and prior, they were right and centre right. Now it's more like centre right and far left.

I don't agree with this at all. Right now both parties seem to be in complete agreement. I don't think they stand for anything different philosophically. Both parties support Keynesian economics. Both parties support open-ended military activities abroad. Both parties campaigned on the notion of going to war with Iran. Both parties support violation of civil liberties - the TSA came up under Bush and continues under Obama. The patriot act was signed under bush and continues under Obama.

Both parties support big government - homeland security and prescription drug entitlements were born under Bush, I don't remember who is responsible for Obamacare. Both parties supported bailouts of wall street investment firms.

Honestly, I don't see a difference.

Edit:

And if you say "gay marriage", "gun control", or "abortion", I'll mention that none of those are issues they can really do anything about. They're distractions from the real damage they're doing right now.

I have a legitimate request/question.

Could someone explain to me the difference between the FBI and the CIA? And where their powers and jurisdictions differ?

lol, true dat.

But really... not that I did research for you at all or anything, but in my view, the FBI's always just dealt with guys that commit major crimes, or lots of crimes across the states. The CIA's more about protecting US assets and collecting... intelligence on anyone and everyone that relates to their causes. They're also much much more global, CIA seems to organize tons of affairs overseas.

I'm more interested in the NSA though, or National Security Agency, aka 'No Such Agency.' Super secretive, no one really knows exactly what they're about, but they're supposedly able to keep tabs on all communications, and keeps everything archived. Almost like the US's, or free world's, harddrive/snooper/creepy keylogger.

Yeah, generally the FBI is a domestic investigative agency, hence the name Federal Bureau of Investigation. The CIA is typically an international intelligence/spying arm, hence the name Central Intelligence Agency. That's the idea anyway.

I'm laughing at the scare tactics being used regarding the sequester :lol:

What is it 2 cents on the dollar? Oh yeah that is going to force us to release all illegal immigrants and the TSA is going to grind to a halt? Those are just a few of the supper scary things, what a spin machine.

Would the TSA grinding to a halt be a bad thing?

Yes and no, would be great if they just did away with it lol. The idea is a strong arm tactic as I'm sure you know, it's coming from the white house as well. Slow it way down to inconvenience everyone and blame the republicans.

The silly parts, 1. Obama supported the bill. 2. Why on earth can't they just move the money around? They are releasing specific areas to cut that will bother the public the most.

Does the guy ever stop campaigning? He's already got his second term.

Only in health & safety crazy Merica. In good old, fun-lovin' land of the free UK, we run the full fat 1,320.

Yeah, but these Colonials are weird.

They think a hundredweight is 100lbs. I mean, come on! Here on the island we go the whole hog with 112lbs....

You know, I know that they don't say it is connected, but I have to wonder if this is related to sequestration. Less money = less staff = less stringent rules.

Latest Posts

Back