American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If hybrids are involved, I won't be.
If I'm assuming correctly, Seth means manipulating the weight of something like the Aston Martin DB9/V12 Vantage and BMW M3/M5, so that it can get to a lower weight. I would rather there be a Race Mod version of ALMS cars via a system update, though, but I can see how Seth is trying to make hybriding something to be used in a smart way.

Well, unfortunately, hybrids made from outside the normal game parameters are illegal in GT5, and can result in a ban. Many people have been banned already, mostly those affecting the online leaderboards. I haven't been online in almost a month here, and probably won't be for a while.

If I'm assuming correctly, Seth means manipulating the weight of something like the Aston Martin DB9/V12 Vantage and BMW M3/M5, so that it can get to a lower weight. I would rather there be a Race Mod version of ALMS cars via a system update, though, but I can see how Seth is trying to make hybriding something to be used in a smart way.

Still, I'd rather use the cars we have than use lighter ones and possibly get the ban hammer.

There are ways you can get the cars lighter without 'hybriding' them. They're actually in game features that PD didn't implement for some stupid reason (probably lack of time to show these features on the car such as carbon fiber body panels). I'm speaking of weight reduction stages 4 and 5. You can only apply them to road cars. I've confirmed you can make the Aston Martin V12 Vantage around 1290kg with stage 4, and 1220kg with stage 5.

There are ways you can get the cars lighter without 'hybriding' them. They're actually in game features that PD didn't implement for some stupid reason (probably lack of time to show these features on the car such as carbon fiber body panels). I'm speaking of weight reduction stages 4 and 5. You can only apply them to road cars. I've confirmed you can make the Aston Martin V12 Vantage around 1290kg with stage 4, and 1220kg with stage 5.

That's actually really cool!

Technically it would be classed as a hybrid, in PD eyes anyway since they said "modified game data".

Just sayin'.

Yep. I don't think that any hybrid series has worked.

To my knowledge there isn't any that have started yet (at least on GTP). I know plenty of people with hybrid cars still opening public rooms trading hybrids. PD banning people seems to be those who use hybrid cars for seasonal events like TT's and Drifting. If you run a series in your private lounge whoever reports you must be involved in the series. So it defeats the purpose in joining a series with cars that are 'modified' 💡 Besides, these stage 4 and 5 weight reductions are only available as 'tickets' and are 'gifted'.

freshseth83
To my knowledge there isn't any that have started yet (at least on GTP). I know plenty of people with hybrid cars still opening public rooms trading hybrids. PD banning people seems to be those who use hybrid cars for seasonal events like TT's and Drifting. If you run a series in your private lounge whoever reports you must be involved in the series. So it defeats the purpose in joining a series with cars that are 'modified' 💡 Besides, these stage 4 and 5 weight reductions are only available as 'tickets' and are 'gifted'.

Ehhh, I'll be one of those who won't join a series with modified cars.

Ehhh, I'll be one of those who won't join a series with modified cars.

That's nice. It's not modified, it's an actual part of the game. How is it any different than stage 1 weight reduction? The only difference is that it wasn't fully implemented. Just like brake upgrades you don't see in the 'tuning shop'.

That's nice. It's not modified, it's an actual part of the game :ouch: How is it any different than stage 1 weight reduction? The only difference is that it wasn't fully implemented. Just like brake upgrades you don't see in the 'tuning shop'.

But it's not available in the game, that's the point, the modifications may be on the disc but not legally available.

If it's not AVAILABLE you don't go and unlock it...

Furinkazen
But it's not available in the game, that's the point, the modifications may be on the disc but not legally available.

Pretty much my opinion too.

Legally the game is yours because you purchased it. If the game is yours what right does anyone have to tell you what to 'unlock'? All PD can do is say "Don't do that or we'll take away some privileges" If it's on the disc and you purchased the disk how is it not AVAILABLE? It's just a feature that wasn't fully implemented on the game because of various reasons were not sure of. The fact is, it's still there. We don't need this discussion here. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I just brought up a fact about making cars lighter without being a 'hybrid'. :rolleyes:

Mod is a term used for PC games. But modding/hybriding is something that isn't in the game weather it's swapping engines or an upgrade that isn't fully implemented.

Not knocking down the ideas but imo hybriding etc is only for fun. In series with multiple cars there is just too many varibles.. :indiff:

It's not a hybrid car if the car is the same with weight reduction stages PD didn't model (for instance carbon fiber body panels you don't see, but carbon fiber hood you do see).

Seth seth seth....

In GT5 you are not allowed to modify the content of the disc. Legally its not ours, only ours if we use it under the terms and conditions of which we bought the game. I'm tired of you going around GTP looking for arguments and stirring a fuss on nearly every thread you go onto. Just drop it, I know people don't appreciate it.

~sorry to you guys running this but enough is enough for me...~

Seth seth seth....

In GT5 you are not allowed to modify the content of the disc. Legally its not ours, only ours if we use it under the terms and conditions of which we bought the game. I'm tired of you going around GTP looking for arguments and stirring a fuss on nearly every thread you go onto. Just drop it, I know people don't appreciate it.

~sorry to you guys running this but enough is enough for me...~

I don't understand how you get arguing out of me saying there's ways to drop weight of cars without hybriding them. Is that false? It's not. I really don't care what you're "tired of". If you don't like what I post, ignore me and say bye. I speak my mind, if that bothers you I apologize you're offended by how I type. Forums are for discussion. Not everyone has to be in agreement for a discussion to take place.

As for terms and conditions- what I do with my game is my business. As long as it doesn't interfere with the enjoyment of others playing the game there's nothing they can do. The PR on the news section mentions "online" and this is what it says
Please be aware that usage of illicitly modified game data and any mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly prohibited, and will be subject to penalties as soon as they are found.
So you have "illicitly" in there. What qualifies as illicit modified game data? No one knows. What are the consequences? Discontinued allowed usage of their online area. Again, if I'm using my game data and it doesn't interfere with anyone I'm fine.

gogatrs
Would any of you guys be up for a bit of a GTPALMS reunion sometime? Just a Friday night where we get together and run some laps somewhere.

Sounds good to me!! Haven't played in a while, need to start playing again. What about running lmp's and gt rm's? Corvette RM, viper RM, etc... Or everyone in the same car!! Just for fun.

Sounds good to me!! Haven't played in a while, need to start playing again. What about running lmp's and gt rm's? Corvette RM, viper RM, etc... Or everyone in the same car!! Just for fun.

Yeah. We'll just set up a date and run some.
Gonna try to get Jav and the GTPFIA guys in on it too maybe.

M3GTR, Viper #51, ZR1 RM, Audi R8LMS, GTR R35 TC or LM Concept, Nomad Lamborghini Diablo and Maybe Panoz Esperante GTR-1? I think that would be a great GTE class! 7 different cars that're pretty close in performance.

When can we see this series get fired up again? Im very interested in this series but I have other obligations I must tend to if this is to stay postponed for a decent amount of time.

ALMS is in its last real life season, perhaps gt6 may give us more relevant cars to run this in the future. Look out for me setting one up when GT6 hits.

Saw that. With GT6 having gt3 style cars, if we get others besides the BMW Z4, this series could make a good return. My idea is gt3 cars in the gte class and a few lmps depending on whats included in the game.

Back