An Interesting Concept

• Thread starter Condraz23
  • 2 comments

Condraz23

(Banned)
Hey guys. I'm thinking of building something like this in my spare time...

Okay, first you buy a cheap, sub-$10,000 car, such as a 1990's Toyota MR2 and remove all its mechanicals and the dashboard. Then, you remove the windscreen and replace it with a very high-definition, widescreen plasma television. You glue the television where the windscreen was and cover the rear-end of the television with a dark-tinted sheet of fibreglass. This would make the whole setup less ugly. Then, you stick a Sony PlayStation under the now-empty hood and bolt a steering wheel onto the appropriate place within the car. After that, you could reconstruct the dashboard to make the interior more car-like. Then, the same goes for the pedals underneath. From then on, you could connect all the peripherals together, load a copy of Gran Turismo 2 into the console and connect the whole setup to an electrical point. Stick some memory cards into the newly-attached glove compartment and pretend that your racing a real car.

Maybe if you're good at electronical stuff then you can add some sort of mechanical mechanism that makes the seat vibrate when the controller is supposed the rumble. You could also re-wire the pedals and make the car seat tilt slightly forwards when you press the brake pedal. Finally, you could also attach large speakers onto the back of the car and connect these to the television, so that the audio would seem to be entering from the back of the car, for added realism of course. Hell, maybe you can even have swooshing noises come out of the speakers when the car's windows are opened! However, you'd also have to heavily tint the windows unless you want to see the inside of your garage or something.

How fun would that be? Anyone want to have a try? I'll be willing to experiment!

Latest Posts

Back