Anybody ever experience performance stutters?

As @ImaRobot pointed out, its actually a mass majority of F5 players have indeed had the audio bug. EVERY single person on my friends list has had it at one point or another. Even more noticeable if you have surround sound. Really nothing to discuss especially since he is ANOTHER person having the issue. So clearly its a worldwide well known problem with F5.

If he keeps having the issue I would just return the game. But its very likely picking up another F5, will result in the same exact problems. Also for the record, I have only seen the audio bug in F5 out of all my X1, 360, PC, PS2, and PS3 games. Clearly obvious its F5.

BTW this is coming from a huge fan of the Forza series. So don't mistake me as some sort of Forza "hater". I always provide positive and negative feedback on every game. THis has been a massive problem with F5.
While the audio issue happens to a good amount of players, this stuttering doesnt. Its a vastly smaller problem compared to the audio, and thats exactly what she's talking about.

The sound bug is noticeably the same across all audio outputs. Ranging from very annoying, to downright unplayable :lol:

While the audio issue happens to a good amount of players, this stuttering doesnt. Its a vastly smaller problem compared to the audio, and thats exactly what she's talking about.

The sound bug is noticeably the same across all audio outputs. Ranging from very annoying, to downright unplayable :lol:
As you said an "xbox record that" to see the video problem would help.
DId not know @Speedster911 was a female. hopefully I didn't offend her by saying "He".
Yes the audio bug is one of the primary reasons I quit playing F5. I can handle it in very short bursts before the audio bug makes me drive my car into a wall and quit. :lol:

As you said an "xbox record that" to see the video problem would help.
DId not know @Speedster911 was a female. hopefully I didn't offend her by saying "He".
Yes the audio bug is one of the primary reasons I quit playing F5. I can handle it in very short bursts before the audio bug makes me drive my car into a wall and quit. :lol:
No, I was talking about @Ialyrn. The sad thing is, T10 don't really much title updates as it is.

No, I was talking about @Ialyrn. The sad thing is, T10 don't really much title updates as it is.

Every car and track pack that T10 have released for FM5 had a number of bug fixes included. They used that time each month to fix the more noticeable issues people where facing. Obviously some slipped through the net, such as the audio bug. Again, both of these things discussed in here are issues I have not personally faced. If I did, I would be annoyed as well, just like @Speedster911 is; and anyone else who suffers from these problems. I can see why people are frustrated, and I wont lie here; I have hated it on my PC when it has become time to upgrade because of issues running newer games on older hardware. So I do know how frustrating frame stutter can be, and how unplayable it can make a game become.

FWIW I've played the heck out of the game offline and have yet to experience the sound bug and the only frame stutters I've had have been at the beginning of the race when a lot of tyre smoke is generated which I guess is probably one of the more graphics intensive tasks a console can do. I'm using a launch console and a £300 Hitachi telly.

I've had more problems with Horizon 2 stuttering, downright crashing and refusing to load. I suspect the always connected nature of the game is partially to blame but that's another thread.

@CAMAROBOY69
@Ialyrn
@ImaRobot
@UKMikey

You guys! Thank you SO very much for the detailed responses, I super-appreciate it! :D

My internet connection was on the fritz, so I didn't get a chance to reply sooner, though I did check out some of the responses from work.

I've been putting the game through its paces, doing some offline tests to close this chapter once and for all and just enjoy the stupid game as is. My findings:

- When you launch the game for the first time, go to any track, and it will stutter at the EXACT same spot on the first lap. As you do your 2nd and 3rd lap the game will not hiccup at the exact same spot but somewhere close to it. Also, If you get the stutter at a certain spot on the first lap, it's a surefire guarantee you're going to face it at the very same spot the next time you launch that track on the first lap.

- The behavior I've described above happens every single time I boot up the console and launch Forza 5. Stutters at exact same spot, and then track areas close to where the stutter originally occured. You'll get the most stutters on the first lap, and then it dies down somewhat to maybe 70%. The frequency isn't very high though, you'll have to have a keen eye to notice them; happens just a few times on any given lap. Tip: try not to blink for at least a minute as you observe! :crazy: Tip #2: play with bumper cam. ;)

- Some track-specific stutter spots I remember off the top of my head:

* On Indianapolis - one of the spots it typically happens is the first right then left.
* Mount Panorama - First left after starting grid.
* Prague - Around the first right corner after grid. Also the following long left-hander as you're crossing the river on your right. And, the long right-hander before entering the tunnel. And one more I also remember, final left-hander before finish line.
* Spa - As you go uphill after the first right hairpin, drive straight, come to a tight chicane, followed by two tight downhill right-handers. Happens around the second right hander.
* And of course LeMans - As you hit the long Mulsanne straight coming out of the fast right-hander, it happens in a few seconds, as you're about to cross that big dome-like structure on your right I believe. Then it happens again a few seconds before you're about to take that fast right at around 400 km/h (Hennessy Venom GT).
* LeMans Bugatti - After the chicane, first right downhilll that leads up to a left, happens there. After the left, go straight and before taking a tight right-hander, happens again. As you're approaching the ferris wheel and taking those last two right-handers, another hiccup.

A lot of this is going to take keen observation, so knock yourself out guys!

One of the reasons I moved away from PC was the constant upgrading and tweaking needed to make games hiccup-free with no slowdowns.

And here we are with Forza 5, which has both!

I guess they haven't fully gotten around to utilizing the hardware's potential. DX11 (or is it 12?) might improve things. And by the time FM6 comes out, these issues should be a thing of the past.

Now since I had been a PC gamer for a decade and a half, all signs point to the way the X1's frame buffer and temporary memory is working with F5.. Either the frame buffer's overflowing, or the RAM's not able to keep up with the action, even though the GPU is. It'll happen at the exact same spot on each track when you do the first lap, and then a little less and around the same spots, if not the very same spot.

The X1's HDD could also be having difficulty streaming the data fast enough. I have noticed pop ups occasionally, in replays especially, and sometimes the frame slowdown on the starting grid as you see many AI cars kick up smoke, isn't too pleasant to watch. *This has to be purely GPU I imagine)

Anyhoo fellas, you're already aware of the fix for the sound bug at least. The frame stutters are here to stay. By the way, I reverted back to my previous HDMI cable that I hooked up to the X1: the Elite's gold-plated 1.3 HDMI cable (my TV's 1.3 compiant anyway). I might be experiencing the sound bug less often as a result and/or it takes longer for it to appear, after which I do the hard reset, and all is good. I can even hear the cars around me better, and you don't hear their engines cutting in and out.

As for Horizon 2, no issues to report yet, although I've hardly played it for 2 hours total up till now. Will test that tonight and report back if I run into any.

How are you guys doing the hard reset by the way? Go to dash, quit game, hold down power button; let it shut down completely (power brick turns amber), wait a few seconds and then fire it back up from the power button on console?

And FM5 has jaggies! In races, replays, even showroom models. Sheesh! *face palm* FM4 had might impressive showroom and Auto Vista graphics. Aaaanyhow...

Thanks again for the support. Feel like giving you guys a huge group hug! :cheers:

:lol:

Last edited:
One of the reasons I moved away from PC was the constant upgrading and tweaking needed to make games hiccup-free with no slowdowns.

And here we are with Forza 5, which has both!

I guess they haven't fully gotten around to utilizing the hardware's potential. DX11 (or is it 12?) might improve things. And by the time FM6 comes out, these issues should be a thing of the past.
I would have to disagree with this. If this was the case, it would be effecting everyone, as everyone would have the same software, wouldn't you think? Everyone would be running on the same software, so if it wasn't utilized then I should be seeing it at least once.

Now since I had been a PC gamer for a decade and a half, all signs point to the way the X1's frame buffer and temporary memory is working with F5.. Either the frame buffer's overflowing, or the RAM's not able to keep up with the action, even though the GPU is. It'll happen at the exact same spot on each track when you do the first lap, and then a little less and around the same spots, if not the very same spot.

The X1's HDD could also be having difficulty streaming the data fast enough. I have noticed pop ups occasionally, in replays especially, and sometimes the frame slowdown on the starting grid as you see many AI cars kick up smoke, isn't too pleasant to watch. *This has to be purely GPU I imagine)
Like the last quote, I'll have to say its neither of these as well. I haven't raced in a class above A in some time, but I would imagine A class should produce the same "smoke" stutters that you are explaining, but I haven't experienced those either. Have you contacted support yet? Because you cant rule out the possibility that its faulty hardware rather than not utilizing the software correctly.

How are you guys doing the hard reset by the way? Go to dash, quit game, hold down power button; let it shut down completely (power brick turns amber), wait a few seconds and then fire it back up from the power button on console?
Hard Resets I just hold down the power button for a few seconds until it turns itself off, and then wait about 15-30 seconds before turning it back on.

Has dropping screen output resolution to 720P tried yet ? and switching audio format ? If hardware issue is the case here, struggling to perform due to CPU/GPU manufacture variation, maybe dropping to 720P would show improvement ? Less stutters perhaps, or try with similar smokes effect ?

Has dropping screen output resolution to 720P tried yet ? and switching audio format ? If hardware issue is the case here, struggling to perform due to CPU/GPU manufacture variation, maybe dropping to 720P would show improvement ? Less stutters perhaps, or try with similar smokes effect ?
I believe he already tried that.

@Speedster911 I know Im late to the party on this one but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I bought the X1 and FM5 on launch day. And while installing the game a little icon came up and said "game ready to play" so I started playing. I had the same gittery issues of frame rate that you are explaining about. It being a new game/system there werent' that much info about what to do. So I called MS and they explained it might have been a intureption in the install. I deleted everything and started fresh and didn't touch anything, I didn't even watch TV because I was paranoid...after the re-install everything was butter....I know you mentioned it would take some time, but it might be worth it for you in the long run..

If I remember correctly you just got the game right??...Can you send in or exchange the FM5 disc for another one??? There might be a little something wacked with the actual disc even thought you might not can see it with the naked eye....

@Speedster911 I know Im late to the party on this one but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I bought the X1 and FM5 on launch day. And while installing the game a little icon came up and said "game ready to play" so I started playing. I had the same gittery issues of frame rate that you are explaining about. It being a new game/system there werent' that much info about what to do. So I called MS and they explained it might have been a intureption in the install. I deleted everything and started fresh and didn't touch anything, I didn't even watch TV because I was paranoid...after the re-install everything was butter....I know you mentioned it would take some time, but it might be worth it for you in the long run..

If I remember correctly you just got the game right??...Can you send in or exchange the FM5 disc for another one??? There might be a little something wacked with the actual disc even thought you might not can see it with the naked eye....

I did just that - uninstalled the entire game, including game saves, cleared persistent storage. Reinstalled, didn't touch anything during that. Reinstalled the 14 gig content update again (not doing anything else). Nope, it's still the same.

The damnest thing is some people are facing this, while others aren't. That irks me somewhat.

I've also tried to switch to 720p while trying out different audio settings.

So you're getting NO stutters on any track even though there aren't too many? What about sound crackles/pops or static?

I played Horizon 2 for just over 2 hours yesterday, and I noticed some stutters too, though they were very mild and occurred maybe 2 or 3 times during a 2+ hour session. Not that annoying as the game runs at 30 fps.

FM5's are quite detectable as it's twice the frames and any hiccups seem unnatural. Particularly if you're driving very fast or taking a sharp corner at high speeds - the faster your screen moves from left to right or vice versa, the more you'll see it, if it occurs around turns that is.

I would have to disagree with this. If this was the case, it would be effecting everyone, as everyone would have the same software, wouldn't you think? Everyone would be running on the same software, so if it wasn't utilized then I should be seeing it at least once.

Like the last quote, I'll have to say its neither of these as well. I haven't raced in a class above A in some time, but I would imagine A class should produce the same "smoke" stutters that you are explaining, but I haven't experienced those either. Have you contacted support yet? Because you cant rule out the possibility that its faulty hardware rather than not utilizing the software correctly.

Hard Resets I just hold down the power button for a few seconds until it turns itself off, and then wait about 15-30 seconds before turning it back on.

Can you please do this test for me?

Go to Mulsanne in a really fast car, and once you hit the long straight, just observe. No hiccups you say? Can we double check? I'd appreciate that! :D

I echo what Speedster says.

I notice a microstutter on the larger tracks and especially on the faster cars as if it cant load textures into memory quick enough.

I notice it on hairpin bends as if it has overloaded the Z buffer (hairpins you say? welcome to Le Mans Bugatti circuit)

With slow DDR3 and 32Mb esram I expect the worst.

I also notice that even a cold restart does not fix the problem up as you run half a dozen races and the sound crackles come back.

I have never experience that London Top Gear challenge without that sound bug. See all that crap fly around? All those particles and physics? This tells me the sound bug happens when they have exhausted the resources in the console.

I also find it fascinating that people think returning the game or the console will work.

Hello, it affects the download and disc version.

Hello, Forza Horizon 2 and every other game on the Xbox works fine.

It isnt the media or console. Its the game, stupid.

What I find galling is that these things happen on a console. I have never seen any other console display such consistent bugs that shouldnt be there (granted I avoid trash like Bethesda games on Ps3).

Also either Microsoft wont fix it because they cant be bothered at this stage or worse, they can't.

Still, did you hear about Ass Creed Unity and the sub 20fps (granted I believe it affects ps4 too).

I find it hard to fathom how they can let games out like this and they wont fix them.

I have heaps of games on the 360 and ps3 and some on the ps4 and xbox one. Nothing like the bugs you see in Forza.

Its the game, stupid

I can certainly see why you was banned over on the Forza Forums, what with attitude like that.

There is no point in calling us over here stupid just because the majority of us do not face this issue, it is not our fault our xbox one and Forza 5 doesn't do what you and @Speedster911 are suffering with. And yes there are others out there who also have this issue, but talking to people on here and other forza related Forums about it wont help. This is the last time I am going to say this, and I am even going to put it in capitals to and make it bold so it stands out.

YOU NEED TO CONTACT MICROSOFT XBOX SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

That is what they are there for, and issues like these are why you need to call them. The Xbox is a closed platform, and as such the community can only really give the "turn it off and on again" advice. Microsoft themselves can look into the issue more closely and find out what is going on. Perhaps they will find something, perhaps they wont. But you are best of doing this stuff while your system is under manufacturer warranty, otherwise it has to come from your own pocket for any possible repairs. And please keep in mind I said possible here, because as I have already stated; I do not believe it is the console.

p.s Tony, you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to the DDR3 ram. This is the same Ram that PC's use for running the system and programs from. If you buy a computer with an integrated graphics solution, then you end up running video games on that same ram. And guess what? It is possible to run even BF4 from an integrated graphics solution and this lowly DDR3 on a pc. There are also different speeds of DDR3, some slower and some faster. This does make the Xbox one slower than the PS4 in terms of graphical performance, but with the Xbox been a closed platform; this will be less of an issue overall.

I could care less if people are upset with my attitude.

I do not mean to upset anybody here or there or anywhere but if I do, I apologise but really, do you care what I think? Honestly, please ignore me if you're so offended.

Why would I contact support? Its well known this game needs a patch, a patch that isnt forthcoming.

Why would I waste my time talking to a drone in a 3rd world country about a problem that will never be fixed?

Do you think that me calling or 10 people calling or 1,000 peopling calling will result in a patch.

Come on now. How naive are people? Forza 5 is over. There is no more support.

Forza 6 is the focus.

Btw. there is ddr3-800 up to ddr3-2400 and above. What speed do you think the Xbox one is?

Mores the point, the architecture of the xbox one is poor. But this is fine, I bought into this knowing what I'm getting but I'm not blind to its failings.

I mean DDR3 must be real awesome if Sony uses it and of course I expect it to be used in the future as I expect it to be faster than DDR4 (this is sarcasm for the stupid people out there).

I did just that - uninstalled the entire game, including game saves, cleared persistent storage. Reinstalled, didn't touch anything during that. Reinstalled the 14 gig content update again (not doing anything else). Nope, it's still the same.

The damnest thing is some people are facing this, while others aren't. That irks me somewhat.

I've also tried to switch to 720p while trying out different audio settings.

So you're getting NO stutters on any track even though there aren't too many? What about sound crackles/pops or static?

I played Horizon 2 for just over 2 hours yesterday, and I noticed some stutters too, though they were very mild and occurred maybe 2 or 3 times during a 2+ hour session. Not that annoying as the game runs at 30 fps.

FM5's are quite detectable as it's twice the frames and any hiccups seem unnatural. Particularly if you're driving very fast or taking a sharp corner at high speeds - the faster your screen moves from left to right or vice versa, the more you'll see it, if it occurs around turns that is.

Can you please do this test for me?

Go to Mulsanne in a really fast car, and once you hit the long straight, just observe. No hiccups you say? Can we double check? I'd appreciate that! :D
I've already told you it happens on the straight, plenty of times. That is the single and only instance that has happened. And from what I heard that's from loading in the second part of the level since its so long. That also effects pretty much everyone, which would be. Separate issue from what you're having.

I also notice that even a cold restart does not fix the problem up as you run half a dozen races and the sound crackles come back.

I have never experience that London Top Gear challenge without that sound bug. See all that crap fly around? All those particles and physics? This tells me the sound bug happens when they have exhausted the resources in the console.
It isnt the case for me. The only time I've ever came across the sound bug was after long sessions in one race, about 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. So far I haven't been able to reproduce it on a single short race.

I also find it fascinating that people think returning the game or the console will work.

It does? Thats the version I have, with the sound bug being the only thing that I can see making sense of this statement.

Hi, all of my games work fine.

What I find galling is that these things happen on a console. I have never seen any other console display such consistent bugs that shouldnt be there (granted I avoid trash like Bethesda games on Ps3).
What I find galling is your ridiculous attitude, why come off as such an ass?

Also either Microsoft wont fix it because they cant be bothered at this stage or worse, they can't.
It'll lye with T10, not Microsoft. What I dislike about T10, is they dont seem to patch their games often. Maybe one or two big title updates, but nothing more than that I've noticed.

I have heaps of games on the 360 and ps3 and some on the ps4 and xbox one. Nothing like the bugs you see in Forza.
I've had loads of games too. I've had games with so many bugs back on the 360, popular titles too, so why must you be so derogatory all the time when it comes to Forza? I would say Forza is running pretty damn smoothly for me, and I've hardly had to actually force a restart with it. I have one very consistent bug on Forza, and its entering the long straight on La Sarthe. Only on the first lap, and never again for the rest of the race.

I could care less if people are upset with my attitude.

I do not mean to upset anybody here or there or anywhere but if I do, I apologise but really, do you care what I think? Honestly, please ignore me if you're so offended.
What do you honestly feel, because these two are just contradicting. We wouldn't be on a board for discussing things if we didn't care what others think. We would be isolated in our rooms just playing the game, rather than coming here and discussing with people who usually don't enter into a convo and straight away start acting like a dick.

Why would I contact support? Its well known this game needs a patch, a patch that isnt forthcoming.
To alleviate the situation? Thats the same as saying "why would I take my car in just because Honda issued a recall? I already know the issue is there!"

Why would I waste my time talking to a drone in a 3rd world country about a problem that will never be fixed?
The way I see it, if you aren't going to try, dont cry about it.

Do you think that me calling or 10 people calling or 1,000 peopling calling will result in a patch.

Come on now. How naive are people? Forza 5 is over. There is no more support.
No, but thats not the point at all. The point is to go down every method that has a possibility of getting you information on whats going on, or a possible fix. If you don't feel like doing that, that's fine, just don't come here and get upset at the fact that we're trying to help someone out. Whether it alleviates the problem or not, thats to be seen, but we're trying to help, while you're just coming in telling us to "get over it." Still, we aren't telling him to contact T10, we're telling him to Contact Xbox Support. If it yields the possibility of getting his sent in to get fixed or replaced, then thats a start.

Btw. there is ddr3-800 up to ddr3-2400 and above. What speed do you think the Xbox one is?
Oh so you dont know either? So you're just blindly hating on something with no information. Got it.

Last edited:
Isn't that sad? You try to help someone, and they call you stupid for what?... With that attitude, I'd say ignore those type of people @lalyrn and @ImaRobot. You two did your best to help try and help and I totally respect that, but sometimes, it's best for some people to just help themselves. Especially with attitude like that for example.

But dat butthurtness tho. It's rich. :P

Isn't that sad? You try to help someone, and they call you stupid for what?... With that attitude, I'd say ignore those type of people @lalyrn and @ImaRobot. You two did your best to help try and help and I totally respect that, but sometimes, it's best for some people to just help themselves. Especially with attitude like that for example.
Why would I ignore it? it doesn't settle anything. Either way, he wasn't asking for help, and we weren't offering it to him. This was for @Speedster911.

Oh so you dont know either? So you're just blindly hating on something with no information. Got it.

From what I know about the Xbox ones specs, it should be 2133MHz low latency DDR3; which is a fairly good speed for use with running video games. Plus coupled with the ESram (if properly used that is), it can do a fairly good job in that task. There is a reason that MS decided to use DDR3, and I suspect that is because of overall system performance over anything else. It will be a bit better at more CPU bound tasks than the PS4 because of this, the PS4 definitely has the edge with the GDDR5 in terms of graphical performance however. It has a lot of bandwidth available to it, but this means it is much higher latency than the DDR3 in the X1. Lets not forget though, the X1 was aimed at the home entertainment market more than the video game market. At least before Phil Spencer became the Xbox head, things game wise have improved since then. The hardware is what it is though, but not what I suspect is the problem for @Speedster911.

I just reported @TonyJZX instead of replying directly a second time, there wasnt any point in saying the same things over again. And even though this persons attitude is rather poor, there is not much point in just hitting the ignore button. There could be a day when they would post something useful, and if ignored; it would just be missed. Can never rule anything out.

Why would I ignore it? it doesn't settle anything. Either way, he wasn't asking for help, and we weren't offering it to him. This was for @Speedster911.

I agree, Tony was more or less just stating how they personally see the situation. It could have been put down in a far better way, which wouldn't then be met with grated responses towards their attitude. Still, and when it comes to these types of issues on a closed platform; the only real port of call is the official support network for that product.

p.s as I have stated before, FM5 had numerous updates included with both the car packs and the free track add-ons. So there was at the least 1 update per month for the length of time in which the DLC was running. There was a big discussion on the Forza forums in regards this, as we knew things where getting fixed here and there; but T10 was not overly forthcoming with what had been fixed each time. There was a community outcry in short for more information regarding them.

@Speedster911 I have not noticed anything wrong with game OTHER than I did get the sound problem (cracking and popping) and a reset of the game would solve this. And to come to think about it I haven't had that issue in a very long time...seems to have went away. But if you do play multiplayer occasionaly everyone in the lobby sounds like robots when they talk....game sound affects are great. If this happens I would have to leave lobby and reset game.

I echo what Speedster says.

I notice a microstutter on the larger tracks and especially on the faster cars as if it cant load textures into memory quick enough.

I notice it on hairpin bends as if it has overloaded the Z buffer (hairpins you say? welcome to Le Mans Bugatti circuit)

With slow DDR3 and 32Mb esram I expect the worst.

Still, did you hear about Ass Creed Unity and the sub 20fps (granted I believe it affects ps4 too).

I find it hard to fathom how they can let games out like this and they wont fix them.

Overloaded Z Buffer, RAM getting taxed, yes perhaps. I'm playing the game and enjoying it immensely. The hiccups are not something utterly game breaking. Maybe good things are lying in wait come DX11. *Or is it 12? Still not sure :lol:*

Maybe try unpinning and unsnapping as many items from your home screen as you can, clear persistent storage, set your console to energy saving mode, and always do a full power up and shutdown before/after sessions. That's all I got. I suspect being connected to XLive while playing might explain some of the stutters, but I can't be too sure. The stutters aren't that frequent anyway, otherwise as someone pointed out here, T10 would be getting flamed pretty good on the forums.

Console's in it's infancy. Tweaks and updates always come; it took a few years for devs to fully optimize and utilize the X360 properly, no? Probably the same applies this generation too.

Thanks for the feedback BTW, though I wish you would keep your general tone a little more courteous and somewhat formal. Just a friendly suggestion.👍 :)

I can certainly see why you was banned over on the Forza Forums, what with attitude like that.

There is no point in calling us over here stupid just because the majority of us do not face this issue, it is not our fault our xbox one and Forza 5 doesn't do what you and @Speedster911 are suffering with. And yes there are others out there who also have this issue, but talking to people on here and other forza related Forums about it wont help. This is the last time I am going to say this, and I am even going to put it in capitals to and make it bold so it stands out.

YOU NEED TO CONTACT MICROSOFT XBOX SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

That is what they are there for, and issues like these are why you need to call them. The Xbox is a closed platform, and as such the community can only really give the "turn it off and on again" advice. Microsoft themselves can look into the issue more closely and find out what is going on. Perhaps they will find something, perhaps they wont. But you are best of doing this stuff while your system is under manufacturer warranty, otherwise it has to come from your own pocket for any possible repairs. And please keep in mind I said possible here, because as I have already stated; I do not believe it is the console.

p.s Tony, you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to the DDR3 ram. This is the same Ram that PC's use for running the system and programs from. If you buy a computer with an integrated graphics solution, then you end up running video games on that same ram. And guess what? It is possible to run even BF4 from an integrated graphics solution and this lowly DDR3 on a pc. There are also different speeds of DDR3, some slower and some faster. This does make the Xbox one slower than the PS4 in terms of graphical performance, but with the Xbox been a closed platform; this will be less of an issue overall.

Yeah okay, dude! I got it the first time around. I did get in touch with them; took over 5 minutes just explaining the issue. She tells me to do a hard reset. She asks me a bunch of questions about offline and online play. Then she says (drum roll), they've had a few calls regarding the same issue, particularly sound crackling/static. Is there a solution? Well, no. She says at times it will happen frequently, at times less. And at other times, maybe not at all. Conclusion? Call ended with a WTF cloud hovering over my head, after which I had a nice meal and went to bed! :cheers:

"Butthurtness".... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@Speedster911 I have not noticed anything wrong with game OTHER than I did get the sound problem (cracking and popping) and a reset of the game would solve this. And to come to think about it I haven't had that issue in a very long time...seems to have went away. But if you do play multiplayer occasionaly everyone in the lobby sounds like robots when they talk....game sound affects are great. If this happens I would have to leave lobby and reset game.

Well, the game has bugs. Big deal. I'm still getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. Mind-blowing sound design. Sweet visuals, and dear Lord, don't even get me started on the physics! *minus the jaggies and occasional slowdowns at start of replays*

If you haven't already, take Horizon 2 F&F for a spin. Pretty solid game. FUN. :dopey:

Last edited:
Well, the game has bugs. Big deal. I'm still getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. Mind-blowing sound design. Sweet visuals, and dear Lord, don't even get me started on the physics! *minus the jaggies and occasional slowdowns at start of replays*
I was wondering what you thought of the actual game besides bug reports so thanks for sharing. Lalryn's not a dude btw.

I was wondering what you thought of the actual game besides bug reports so thanks for sharing. Lalryn's not a dude btw.

Yeah I know that; I call almost all my "lady friends" dude! Though Lalryn and I are not acquainted at all. So yeah, I guess somewhat awkward in this case!

I was originally planning on posting a detailed first impression for both M5 and H2 just a few hours after playing each. Unfortunately, them bugs got the best of me.

I'm loving it; can't say enough good things about it. My sound system's growling with throaty V8 exhaust notes, the high frequency speakers screaming with high-revving Lambos and Ferraris.. the rush of wind as you pick up speed.. the Woofers kicking in as you go past an overhead bridge or structure and hear a bassy "whoosh".. the game's full of clever audio ques. So much thought went into the sound design, it amazes me. Though some cars didn't sound all that impressive to me: The supercharged Jag XKR - where's the engine growl on down revs? It used to sound bloody amazing in H1 and FM4. Also the Camaro ZL1 - I remember how meaty the notes were in H1 and the older modern-day Camaro in FM4, but FM5's ZL1 feels numb on off throttle...however, change to chase view and the exhaust notes are impossibly orgasmic!!

Thy way the sounds change as the car's approaching the cam and goes past... brilliant, how you can tell when you hear the engine more and when you're hearing the exhaust more. Also the reverb is sick in this game, sick I tell you! I also enjoy how much more you can FEEL the car's exhaust from cockpit cam.

The visuals... well, bit of a mixed bag but generally very pleased with them. Tire smoke...I understand they had to make concessions to keep up the 60 fps, so no harm done - you'll notice the game slowing down when you're doing burnouts and your tires go off the track, kick off dirt and then on the track; in replays as well on some tracks.. when the race starts, you'll see a full grid kicking up smoke and it slows down momentarily. No biggie, it's a launch title. The jaggies I could do without; I've noticed them everywhere from the showroom visuals to the race and replays. Only place they weren't there is the opening movie and perhaps F.Vista, though that last one I haven't explored in great detail.

They've improved the lighting a lot; however, the excessive rays flooding into the dash was probably not needed! Still, remarkable improvement over FM4...The Ring, oh man The Ring!! :D

I read in a review somewhere that car reflections are 30 fps? I don't think so! They're a fluid 60 fps in my hood cam, and I remember crashing a few times getting mesmerized by the reflections! The orange peel effect is a sight for sore eyes. Rim collection, why you no update T10?!

Physics: I'm relearning The Ring as we speak! So much more nuanced..so much finesse and practice needed to pilot these cars. Though I'm a wee bit irked about still not being able to go to full lock on command around sharp turns - stupid turn angle cap and speed sensitive steering on controller got ported over from FM4. I tried the game at normal steering for a while; felt very natural but relatively easy. Went back to SIM, the game felt so alive! You really need to focus in FM5 so as to not goof up your lap!

Tracks: Not bothered at all by the track, or even car count for that matter. There are still a handful of cars to choose from, and the track collection is nicely varied. They look great btw, laser-scanning paid off.

Weekend's almost here; can't wait to dive into FM5. My purchase came with a 14-day Live Gold code. I might join you lads soon! :D

Glad your enjoying it. Might be a little off topic but have you found the Rival's section??...Very addicting....its Hotlapping with a friends ghost....but it will make you a faster racer....BTW add me as a friend if you wish....love to race with you some times...Im on mainly after Midnight Central time during the weekdays......Gamertag same as my forum name.....

Glad your enjoying it. Might be a little off topic but have you found the Rival's section??...Very addicting....its Hotlapping with a friends ghost....but it will make you a faster racer....BTW add me as a friend if you wish....love to race with you some times...Im on mainly after Midnight Central time during the weekdays......Gamertag same as my forum name.....

I have checked out the Rivals section; I think it's a neat little idea and great fun when you want to take a break from career or arcade mode.

I'm not sure how you add someone in FM5 online play, but I'll figure it out, no worries. So you don't play online on weekends?

BTW, read up a few horror stories of people playing online and losing their game saves or syncing problems afterwards.. mic/headset causing issues etc...

Man, please tell me I ain't gonna run into those?!! Just a little reassurance, please pretty please?!! :D

BTW, read up a few horror stories of people playing online and losing their game saves or syncing problems afterwards.. mic/headset causing issues etc...

Man, please tell me I ain't gonna run into those?!! Just a little reassurance, please pretty please?!! :D

I can assure you that I've not had those issues :)

This never happens in H2, but happens in FM5:

Every minute I spend driving on the track, the game stutters for a split-second, anywhere between 1 to 3 times per minute. Irrespective of whether I'm online or not, hot lapping or full grid race.

Not a game-breaker, but a wee bit annoying. Suggestions?

Even though H2 sports a laggy 30 fps model with richer environments, I've yet to experience any frame rate stutters. Go figure!

Maybe the hardware is having trouble coping up with the physics calculations in FM5.

I thought it might help coming from someone that is very sensitive to stutters and frame time issues ( G-sync monitor, can see some micro-stutter at 100fps with SLI 980's and hated AMD until they fixed their issues) and I haven't seen it drop frames or stutter very often. It does happen but not nearly as frequently as you are experiencing.

Latest Posts

Back