Are we already able to reset our progress and start over again on the same account (PS5)

Netherlands
Netherlands
I haven’t played since a long time and was wondering if we are able to reset our progress and start over again on the same account? I know that in the beginning it wasn’t possible but maybe that updated it?

Because the progress is stored on the online servers, erasing locally wont have the desired result of starting from zero.
Also there is no way to erase your online progress from the GT profile, so the answer is: there is no opion available to start again with the same PSN profile.

Because the progress is stored on the online servers, erasing locally wont have the desired result of starting from zero.
Also there is no way to erase your online progress from the GT profile, so the answer is: there is no opion available to start again with the same PSN profile.
And after almost a year they couldn’t make that option available?

Forgive for asking, but why would you want to restart the game, I know people have more then one account for playing the game, maybe slightly different, maybe use one account for online and one for offline, but i could never see myself restarting the game . Just wanted to know the logic behind it.

but why would you want to restart the game
To "retry" some of the early races with the main account maybe?
The current version has different pp for cars and different physics than what was around when the game was released -> the experiences are quite different...

To "retry" some of the early races with the main account maybe?
The current version has different pp for cars and different physics than what was around when the game was released -> the experiences are quite different...
You can always enter all missions, license tests and events again.
Nothing is going to prevent us from doing this without resetting with our current progress.
The only difference to a "fresh start" would be having all money, cars (and online driver ratings) still available.

And that’s an issue for people for have played the game and stop for awhile and wants to start fresh should be aloud at less twice to restart your process I enjoy play the game it keeps my from racing on the streets and now I can’t start fresh I should race on the streets then.
Jack Thompson would like to have a word with you.

And that’s an issue for people for have played the game and stop for awhile and wants to start fresh should be aloud at less twice to restart your process I enjoy play the game it keeps my from racing on the streets and now I can’t start fresh I should race on the streets then.
Finally someone gets it. Merry Xmas Kaz.

The actor? The activist?
The goof that was spewing the nonsense that GTA and video games in general were encouraging kids to go commit crimes. He'd love this guy.

Finally someone gets it. Merry Xmas Kaz.
If the only thing stopping you from endangering other peoples lives by street racing is a video game, then you deserve the jail time. You obviously have no self control and are a danger to others around you. Just make sure to film it when you kill someone so the police and prosecution have an easier time.

Not couldn't, won't. The save is held remotely to (officially) prevent cheating. It won't change.
I still haven't bought PS5 so I haven't tried GT7 yet but it would be extremely weird if the player progress [by saves] is not functioning like in GT5/GT6 so that we can have many different users on our PS, like I have "user 1" "user 2" "user 3" etc. on my PS3 whereas I also have entirely different cars [in the different save games in GT6], which I relate to different scenario types which resembles GT3&GT4.
If players on PS5 can have different users with different saves that's all what's needed to start anew?

Last edited:
The goof that was spewing the nonsense that GTA and video games in general were encouraging kids to go commit crimes. He'd love this guy.

If the only thing stopping you from endangering other peoples lives by street racing is a video game, then you deserve the jail time. You obviously have no self control and are a danger to others around you. Just make sure to film it when you kill someone so the police and prosecution have an easier time.
My post was supposed to be sarcasm. How anyone could make that leap is baffling.

I still haven't bought PS5 so I haven't tried GT7 yet but it would be extremely weird if the player progress [by saves] is not functioning like in GT5/GT6 so that we can have many different users on our PS, like I have "user 1" "user 2" "user 3" etc. on my PS3 whereas I also have entirely different cars [in the different save games in GT6], which I relate to different scenario types which resembles GT3&GT4.
If players on PS5 can have different users with different saves that's all what's needed to start anew?
Yes, save files on different accounts on a console are, of course, entirely separate.

Forgive for asking, but why would you want to restart the game, I know people have more then one account for playing the game, maybe slightly different, maybe use one account for online and one for offline, but i could never see myself restarting the game . Just wanted to know the logic behind it.
The same logic behind restarts in GT3+4+5+6. For some players, myself included, the progression function in the beginning to the middle of the game is the most fun, albeit in GT7 there is also the factor that many easy to conditionally difficult races/events are apart from the menu books, so even if we finished the main campaign, there is some easy to average difficulty level races left which aren't completed. And also including fast progression pace in the beginning/middle game-wise, includes the collection of cars which we don't have yet.

There is an extra fun in both getting faster cars and cars I don't have, as well as driving a track for the first time, albeit in a RE-start from scratch. One possible variant is getting rid of almost all cars and re-run all the tracks including the menu book races. One factor that reduces the fun in restarting in GT7 compared to GT3/4/5/6 is that grinding takes much more time in the beginning in GT7 which is bad game design.

Im pretty sure its kept to record metric data like someone stopping and coming back after an update.

I'm just glad Super Meat Boy allowed me to start a fresh save file.

Back