67002C38-C908-44F7-8533-F6E14E3FDE79.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 7D157FD3-6AF9-40B2-B4CE-09D08AD4C2B9.jpeg
    7D157FD3-6AF9-40B2-B4CE-09D08AD4C2B9.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 20
  • BB9B8C62-41EB-47B2-BF60-8352E94F2346.jpeg
    BB9B8C62-41EB-47B2-BF60-8352E94F2346.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 20
Y'all have any weird laws down south?.....

Weird laws on the books in Canada:

It’s illegal to lock your vehicle doors in Churchill, MB, just in case somebody needs to run and hide from a polar bear.

You can’t keep a pet cow in Newfoundland.

It is explicitly against the law in Alberta to set someone else’s wooden leg on fire.

Pretending to be a foreigner is against the law in Quebec.

You may not wear a snake on your shoulders in public in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

You can’t fill a front yard water trough in Cobourg, Ontario, after 5:00 AM

You’re breaking the law in Windsor, Ontario if you play a musical instrument in an office.

Just to note to say that while this is ARL's space on GTPlanet, it is still on GTPlanet and is still subject to our rules.

• You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.

Profanities in images are still profanities. If you can't type it into the forums without it being filtered, it doesn't belong in an image. Typing it creatively so it doesn't trip the filter is also not allowed.

Just to note to say that while this is ARL's space on GTPlanet, it is still on GTPlanet and is still subject to our rules.

• You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.

Profanities in images are still profanities. If you can't type it into the forums without it being filtered, it doesn't belong in an image. Typing it creatively so it doesn't trip the filter is also not allowed.
Since you sent me a private message can you please explain what I did wrong? I cannot click on the link you supplied to that message and I didn't cheat or find a way around any filters and really don't know what this could be about??????
Please explain!!!

Since you sent me a private message can you please explain what I did wrong? I cannot click on the link you supplied to that message and I didn't cheat or find a way around any filters and really don't know what this could be about??????
Please explain!!!
I agree with DoubleDee here. Nobody here did anything on purpose nor did anybody know there was a filter or a way around it.

Which by the way the Terms of Use only states not to use profanity. It doesn't say anything about sensoring yourself.

That is the bullet point on it from the link that was sent to me.

Nobody here is trying to cause issues but an actual explanation would be helpful.

Please explain!!!

I agree with DoubleDee here. Nobody here did anything on purpose nor did anybody know there was a filter or a way around it.

Which by the way the Terms of Use only states not to use profanity. It doesn't say anything about sensoring yourself.

That is the bullet point on it from the link that was sent to me.

Nobody here is trying to cause issues but an actual explanation would be helpful.
Check your PMs. If you're unsure about moderating decisions, feel free to ask any moderator by PM.

Back to weird laws...

I don't know many weird ones, but this always stood out to me for some reason. Radar detectors are illegal in Virginia. It's always been that way. I dont even know if they even still exist any more. Every Circuit City or Best Buy advert would always have the 'Not sold in Virginia' blurb in fine print. Virginians as a whole truly are clueless about them. From what I hear, they were a pretty standard part of life for literally everyone else, lol. (At least in the 90s and 2000s).

Like seriously, does the tech even work the same way... did they phase out like 8-tracks or beepers....??? Was this all only in the US?? I. Just. Dont. Know!!!!

Back to weird laws...

I don't know many weird ones, but this always stood out to me for some reason. Radar detectors are illegal in Virginia. It's always been that way. I dont even know if they even still exist any more. Every Circuit City or Best Buy advert would always have the 'Not sold in Virginia' blurb in fine print. Virginians as a whole truly are clueless about them. From what I hear, they were a pretty standard part of life for literally everyone else, lol. (At least in the 90s and 2000s).

Like seriously, does the tech even work the same way... did they phase out like 8-tracks or beepers....??? Was this all only in the US?? I. Just. Dont. Know!!!!
Tons of people have detectors up here! I cant afford a ticket so I just dont speed haha. As much as I would like to

Leave early, never be in a hurry, arrive safe and not in an emergency

I always set cruise to 70 mph (112 kph)

Here's the thread for the IRS 4 hours of Le Mans. Let me know if you're interested and we can represent ARL in the event.

Back