Assetto Corsa Competizione Will Make its Public Debut at E3 Next Week

It a bandwagon thats been around for years. Also as insane as it may seem you dont need to max out every game you play on pc, games still run fine at lower settings.

I bought a 3 month old GTX 1070/i7 tower build from a good friend for $700, all games maxed out and VR ready.

I don't know where this $2K figure is coming from that's liquid cooled 1080ti money which you don't need to play games on ultra.
Does that include a monitor and everything else?

Nah dude people don't spend money on a PC because of one game and if they were so into hardcore sims they might've bought a PC already.Gran Turismo was built upon casual players that's why the franchise is so sucessful

The tipping point for me getting a new PC was Beam.NG so... I did buy a PC for mostly just one game. I had other factors like wanting to edit 4K video and such but the main reason was to play Beam.NG

I bought a 3 month old GTX 1070/i7 tower build from a good friend for $700, all games maxed out and VR ready.

I don't know where this $2K figure is coming from that's liquid cooled 1080ti money which you don't need to play games on ultra.

Is the GTX 1070 a Graphics Card brand or the brand of the PC?

The ultimate edition is up for sale on Xbox. But I’m waiting and hopefully we get this new one on Xbox. I think assetto corsa is the better sim when compared to project cars 2. I have only played a demo of assetto corsa at store. So I don’t know. I own project cars 2 (and have a controller only and it’s not very good at all) forza 7 is way better with a controller then project cars 2.

People say assetto corsa is good and better then project cars 2 for controller use

It's the name of the graphics card.

For 1080p gaming, you don't need to spend much for a good PC. A GTX 1060 would be good enough for high/ultra settings, depending on the game at 1080p 60 fps. A laptop with a GTX 1060 MaxQ is capable enough too. A PC or laptop with that setup is about $900 (only because of inflated graphics card and RAM prices)

I started to do my own build, but wound up buying a Computer Upgrade King PC from Amazon.
It came prebuilt, new and ready to go like a console, I payed $500 for it.
It had the g4560 processor with a GTX 1050ti graphics card, and ran Assetto Corsa flawlessly on mid-high settings sometimes seeing 100fps.

But, I wanted to go VR so I returned it and bought my used 1070.

Bottom line is if you're looking into PCs, you absolutely can get a plug and play capable (one screen, no VR) machine for not much more than you'd pay for this..

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...VTEwNCh3uDAyxEAQYAiABEgLWx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
At $700, still very high. I was thinking of something like this:

14vmj5v.jpg

Last edited:
People don't account for the cost of a new TV in the price of a console, so I don't know why people still account for monitors in the price of a PC.

I haven't used a monitor since at least 2007, been using flat screen TVs for that job, just like a console would.
Yeah this is becoming quite easy to do as well. Even if you don't want your pc with your TV, steam link works outstandingly on 5Ghz. You can also select steam to start in big pictures so you dont need a keyboard and mouse at all. I understand the need to want to just sit back on a sofa and play some games and chill which was one of the best things about a console but now its an option for PCs as well which quite a few options as to how you want to do it. As with anything there is some up front cost but after that initial wall it can be massively versatile. I can even stream from my PC to my Vita or Shield Tablet or GPD XD+ which is great for chilling in bed or the trip to the loo the morning after a friday night curry.

I love my PC and my PS4, both are outstanding in what they do.

This is the PC that I have and was wondering if it's good enough to play game:

Processor: AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

System Type: 64 bit

What are the recommended system requirements for Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Our minimum target specification is currently an i5-2500/AMD FX-8100 or equivalent, 4 GB RAM and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760. However, right now, it’s way too early to be more precise. Over time, we'll be able to be more specific later as we continue to develop ACC. Therefore, if you are considering upgrading your hardware configuration, we strongly suggest you wait for our Early Access before upgrading.

source: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...orsa-competizione-–-community-faq-blog.49241/

Too bad this isn’t coming to PS4. I’d be getting this for sure if it was.
The last time I heard any word on the possibility of a console version, the official word was that they are working with console in mind, i.e. designing and coding with possible console compatibility in mind, and making builds on console. "If we can offer a good game on console, then why not...we will be super-happy".

It's in this video between 26:00 and 27:54 or thereabouts.

I started to do my own build, but wound up buying a Computer Upgrade King PC from Amazon.
It came prebuilt, new and ready to go like a console, I payed $500 for it.
It had the g4560 processor with a GTX 1050ti graphics card, and ran Assetto Corsa flawlessly on mid-high settings sometimes seeing 100fps.

But, I wanted to go VR so I returned it and bought my used 1070.

Bottom line is if you're looking into PCs, you absolutely can get a plug and play capable (one screen, no VR) machine for not much more than you'd pay for this..

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...VTEwNCh3uDAyxEAQYAiABEgLWx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How does Assetto Corsa run in VR with a GTX 1070? I have a build with a 1070, and I am hesitant to go VR because I thought the card wasn't ideal.

VR with the 1070 is very smooth running medium settings, disabling PP, reflections on low.

I tried max settings and had substantial frame drops and stuttering.

On my budget the 1070 works great, but if I could afford a 1080 I would buy one.

Any clue as to when exactly we can expect some official footage to be released? The press conferences already have started yesterday.

Any clue as to when exactly we can expect some official footage to be released? The press conferences already have started yesterday.
E3 doesn't begin until Tuesday. The big names have their own dedicated pressers, but I don't believe 505 has anything set up. If there is official footage coming, it would likely be closer to the public opening.

Based on their Twitter post, you'd have to wait for the public days for the public to try the game at Thrustmaster's booth. The only gameplay we'll probably see will be from off screen recordings from people

Based on their Twitter post, you'd have to wait for the public days for the public to try the game at Thrustmaster's booth. The only gameplay we'll probably see will be from off screen recordings from people

I really doubt that. If you are Kunos you don't want the first footage people will see of your game to be shaky phone cam footage off of screens. I think they will release some kind of trailer + gameplay footage before the public days begin or right on the first day. I'd be really surprised if not.

Was there a firm commitment to bring AC to consoles when it was first released?

And how long did it take for the console port to arrive after the PC version?

Questions that the answers to may very well point the roadmap to an eventual console release in the future.

Hopefully, the developers can do a better job of limiting the resources used for a console port for base XB1 and PS4 players than PC2 did (especially base XB1, which has serious issues in PC2). It's all well and good to develop games for the bleeding edge of PC hardware, but if it comes at the price of being unplayable by the millions of console users, it's kind of like putting a gun to your head.

I think PS4Pro and XB1X users shouldn't face a terribly steep price in graphics to play ACC, and that's an increasing share of the console market. By the time the console port comes out (if it does), Kunos would be advised to consider this...

Back